Chapter 26.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on ; 03/12/12 . 


(Your POV)
When you got back to the Vocal Room , Joo-Unnie still wasn't there . You checked your phone time and it was 1:05 p.m.

You decided to just keep practicing since you weren't hungry even though you skipped breakfast. The next song you decided to sing was Your Song by Elton John . It's a song from the 1970's . Not that Joo-Unnie chose that song , you did . It was your dad's favorite song . You couldn't help but ask Joo-Unnie to write it down on the list of songs you want to practice . Before you started practicing , you realized there was a piano in the vocal room . You texted Joo-Unnie if you could use the piano and she said you could , plus she also mentioned she'll be late so she told you to help yourself with the instruments in the vocal room.

Other than the piano , there was drums and a few guitars . You could play them all , because when you were in JYP Nichkhun thought you how to play a little of the guitar and the drums . From there you started to practice and now you're slightly better than them . 

You lifted open the piano cover and ran your fingers through the piano keys . Then you sat down in front of the piano and started playing the song Your Song by Elton John . 

You started to sing along while playing the piano . Unknowingly tears start streaming down your face but you finished playing and singing to the end . Once you finished the door opened and you quickly wiped away your tears . So happen it was SHINee . 

They looked at you with a confused face , you smiled and said "Annyeong oppa !" . They all bowed and said "Annyeong, we are the shining SHINee !"

You : What are you guys doing here ?
Jonghyun : we dropped by to see how your first day of training is like !
Key : Having fun so far ?
You : You could say that .

Just then they all gathered around you and the piano . Key and Jonghyun was leaning at the left side of the piano , Onew and Minho was leaning on the right side .Taemin was just standing  in front of the piano .

Minho : Taemin-ah , you can sit beside _______ .
Taemin : Oh ? Wae ?
Jonghyun : Just sit !
Taemin : A-arraso hyung .

Taemin walked towards you and sat beside you . You moved a little to the right so he could sit . He smiled at you , and you smiled back . Just then it got so awkward .

Minho : S-so what songs have you been singing so far ?
You : Hmm .. Quite a lot but Joo-Unnie gave me a list of songs to practice .
Key : Let's see the list !
You handed Key the list and Onew , Jonghyun and Minho grouped around Key to see what songs you were supposed to practice while Taemin was just sitting beside you. They were looking at the list so Taemin talked to you.
Taemin : do you play ?
You : The piano ?
Taemin : Yeah , do you ?
You : I do . You ?
Taemin : I do too ! -smiles-
You : Maybe we should play together sometime -grins-
Taemin : That would be nice . -pats head-
You : Do you like playing the piano ?
Taemin : I guess you could say that .. it feels nice just connecting your soul to music .
You : I know that feeling , it feels just .
Taemin & You : Great .
The moment the two of you said that at the same time , you were staring into one another's eyes . There's just something about his eyes , that gives a spark .
Jonghyun : Yah .. you two look good together .
The two of you snap out of it and looked at Jonghyun saying "eh ?" At the same time again .
Key : we should set you two on a date !
Minho : That sounds good !

You could feel your cheeks getting red and you started to feel hot . But you tried as hard as you can to cool down .

Onew : Oh yeah , ________ .
You : Nae oppa ?
Onew : How come all the songs you're practicing are in English ?

Before you could answer him , the vocal room door open and it was Joo-Unnie . Immediately Taemin got up and the rest of the members stood up straight . And greeted her . You didn't understand what was going on . Why are they so shocked around Joo-Unnie ?
Joo-Unnie : So , what are 5 handsome boys doing in a room with one very beautiful girl ?
Onew : We were just here to accompany our hoobae !
Joo-Unnie : Ah .. is that so ?
Minho : nae , chincha !
Key : We're innocent ! -pouts-
Joo-Unnie : arraso , I get it .
Jonghyun : but .. what time does her practice finish ?
Joo-Unnie : What time is it now ?
You : Unnie , it's 1.45 p.m. 
Joo-Unnie : say .. 6.45 p.m. ?
SHINee : BWO!?
Joo-Unnie : Is there a problem ?
You : Ani Unnie , it's alright .
Minho : Yah _______ , michyeoseo ? It's another 5 hours !
You : I've been through worst , since I'm a trainee , I don't think I have the right to complain oppa .
Joo-Unnie : If she doesn't have a problem with it , I don't see why you guys should .
Jonghyun : But she woke up reall-
You : I slept early last night , so I won't have a problem . Right oppa ?

You were signalling them to nod as you were really okay with 5 hours . JYP had you practice all night before , this is nothing . They nodded their head slowly . 

Joo-Unnie : _______ , see your oppas out , our practice continues now -smiles-
You : Oh ? Oh ! 

You got up and opened the door for them . Once they all stepped out of the room , before you closed the door Jonghyun said "We'll come to pick you up" . "But Yeon-Unnie wi-" You said but before you could finish Jonghyun cut you off and said "We'll tell her that we're going to pick you up , then we'll go for dinner arraso ?" while giving you a pat on the head . "Arraso oppa, annyeong !" You said while closing the door . The moment you turn around Joo-Unnie was looking at you . You shrugged and walked closer towards Joo-Unnie .

She was still staring at you and you didn't dare to say anything . What did you do ? Then she said 

Joo-Unnie : Yah .. have you been crying ?
You : Bwo ? A-ani .
Joo-Unnie : Yes you have , I can see it in your eyes .
You : Aish .. 
Joo-Unnie : Well .. ?
You : I cried while playing the piano just now .
Joo-Unnie : What song ? 
You : Your song by Elton John ..
Joo-Unnie : Is there a specific reason to why you cried ?
You : It was my dad's favorite song .
Joo-Unnie : Ah .. that's why you wanted it on the list .

You nodded your head and she gave you a pat on the head . After that she continued teaching you on techniques you could use , and what you should and should not do on stage  with the microphone .

And just like that 5 hours passed so fast .

Joo-Unnie : tomorrow you'll be meeting your dance teacher , his name is Michael bu-
You : But I can call him Mike ?
Joo-Unnie : how did yo-
You : Unnie , he's my oppa for a long time . We've known each other for about 10 years .
Joo-Unnie : Wah , chincha ?
You : nae unnie .
Joo-Unnie : arraso , I have another session , take care and get some rest ______ , arraso ?
You : Nae unnie -bows- annyeong !
Joo-Unnie : Annyeong ______ .

After she said that she left the vocal room . You went to the piano and closed it up . When you went to the door to open it , someone opened it and banged your face , which causes you to fall down backwards . You landed on your back and hit your head hard on the floor . Your vision was getting blur but all you can see is someone holding you up on their lap on the floor shaking you vigorously . But you still couldn't tell who it was . You tried your best to keep your eyes open but then it all went black .

When you opened your eyes you were laying on a bed with SHINee , and Kris surrounding you . You were wondering what happened . Your back didn't hurt , just your head . You sat up and looked around you . They all were having a shocked face until they all came closer to you .

Key : yah _______ , gwenchana ?
Minho : you remember who we are right ?
Jonghyun : does it hurt ?
Onew , Taemin and Kris was just beside you without saying a word . Feeling how serious the atmosphere felt like , you wanted to lighten it up a little.
You : You .. who are you people ?
Minho : Bwo ?
Key : Yah , don't you remember us ?! I'm Key oppa , that's Minho oppa , that's Jonghyun , then Onew oppa , next to him is Taemin oppa , and that's Kris oppa . Tell us you remember .

Just then you whispered "Oppa , I'm fine."

Their eyes widen and they let out a relieved sigh .

Key : YAH ! Don't scare me like that again ! ARRASO ?!
You : Nae oppa . But I just had to do it !
Kris : M-mianhae .
You : It was you ?
Kris : yeah , I saw Joo-noona walking by and she told me you were still in the vocal room so I wanted to come by.
You : Ah , it's okay .
Taemin : ________ , does it hurt ?
You : My back doesn't , my head feels a litte .. pain .
Taemin : Ah .. they gave us some medicine for you to take .
You : I don't need medicine .
Taemin : just take it , arraso ?
You : Nae ..

When you tried to get up , your stomache was growling . They all looked at you and you laughed .

Jonghyun : Yah , did you eat breakfast ?
You : Ani .
Jonghyun : LUNCH ?
You : A-ani . I -
Minho : You didn't eat anything since morning ?!
You : Yes bu-
Key : Yah , how can you not eat anything ?!
You : No it's not like tha-
Onew : Breakfast is the most important meal !
You : I know , can I try to ex-
Taemin : even if you're not hungry you should eat .
Just then you just shouted "OPPA !" , which made everyone keep quiet . Even Kris was shocked .

"Yes , I knew I should have eaten something . I wanted to . But this morning when I woke up I couldn't eat . I didn't have the appetite to. Plus Minho oppa wanted to walk with me , I couldn't say no . Then after that , after practicing and during my break , Kris oppa with the other Exo oppas came in to check on me , I had to entertain them . I didn't want to be known as that trainee that doesn't respect their sunbaes . And before I could even eat anything , my break was over. And I wasn't hungry at that time anymore . Sorry that I didn't eat , but I will now . See you back at the dorm." You said while getting up and leaving the SM building .
 


-Comments are loved-