Chapter 56.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 16/12/12


(Taemin's POV)
I was dumbfounded when I saw Haneul standing in front of me. I couldn't even believe my eyes when I saw her standing there. I stood up immediately and Max said "Thank you Taemin , maybe you could go for a walk with Haneul?" . I didn't know what to do but I just bowed and walked out of there. The last person I wanted to see was Haneul , just then I felt someone holding onto my wrist just as I reached the doorstep , I turned around and Haneul let go of my wrist.

Haneul : Let's talk .
Me : Talk ? We're done , there's nothing to talk about .
Haneul : Just hear me out .
Me : No , I'm done. I dont have anything to say to you.

(Kris's POV)
I was walking down the sidewalk when I saw Taemin talking to a girl. Well , it's kind of my first time seeing him here. I was actually around the neighbourhood because of my friend. He wanted me to visit him after a long while so I did. I don't really know the people living here so I thought I'd just stroll around before walking back to his house to chill. Just then I got a closer look on the girl he was talking to. No , it can't be. It's .. Haneul ?

(Taemin's POV)
Haneul : Why won't you hear me out ?
Me : Why won't I ? How about because you crushed me into a million pieces and just left? Why don't you just go back to your boyfriend ?
Haneul : W-we broke up weeks ago .
Me : And is that my problem ? Better yet , does that have anything to do with m-

She cut me off as she kissed me on the lips. I pushed her away breaking the kiss and shouted "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!". 

Haneul : Don't pretend like you didn't miss that .
Me : And so what if I did ?
Haneul : I'll do it again.

She leaned closer to me and kissed me again, I pushed her away again and she took a step back, giving me a smirk. 

Me : Now I know why your boyfriend left you.

She gave me a hard slap across the face and I glared at her. True enough ,she was glaring back at me. I walked away from her when she shouted "You'll never have a chance to get back with me again if you walk away!". Who was she trying to kid? Me getting back with her ? Mind her , she broke up with me first . Who the hell needs her ? I long for her. I used to wait for Haneul everyday just hoping she'd come and take me back. Not this time. I don't even know what she turned into. But she's definitely not the sweet Haneul I used to love. I turned around and walk back to her. Of course , she smiled because she thought I wanted her back or something. Fat chance . 

I got closer to her and kissed her. I pulled her closer , just as she tried to put her tongue in my mouth I pushed her away.

Haneul : Taemin-ah..
Me : You like that ?
Haneul : I missed that a lot .
Me : well you're not getting that anymore. I don't know what you turned into,but I sure hope another guy accepts all of it.
Haneul : So what was that kiss for ?
Me : That kiss ? To show you it meant nothing to me. Maybe it meant something for you , but to me? It's not worth anything in this world .

I walked away and I could feel her staring at my back as I walked away. Just as I reached to a bench I sat down, I hear someone calling my name. I stood up and I see Kris in front of me. Before I knew it he punched me right at the jaw. I looked at him , confused . What did I do wrong ?
Kris : How could you .. do all of that .. with Haneul when you have _____ ?!
Me : It's not what it loo-

Before I could finish my sentence he punched me again at the jaw. The same spot he punched earlier .

Me : IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!
Kris : Really ?! THEN EXPLAIN .
Me : I didn't even knew Haneul was here !
Kris : Then what is she doing kissing you ? Are you cheating on ______ with Haneul ?
Me : NO! Absolutely not !
Kris : Then what the hell is going on ? If you're not cheating , why did you go back to her and kiss her ?!
Me : TO SHOW HER SHE MEANS NOTHING ANYMORE!

After I shouted that he kept quiet. So did I . I wiped off the blood at my jaw with the back of my hands. We both sat down to calm down. I explained to Kris that I was here to help a friend named Max with his girlfriend problems. So happen his girlfriend's sister is Haneul. He slowly accepted everything and calmed down. He also apologized for punching me but I guess I deserved it. Just then he asked "How's ______?"

That hit me in the face. I have to get back to her now. "Sorry hyung , but I have to go now, I'll call you!" I said while running towards the nearest bus stop. Screw the buses , there were way too many people. I took a taxi back and on the way walking the way back to the apartment I stopped by a restaurant to buy some herbal soup. I thought maybe if she wasn't asleep she could drink this and hopefully she'll feel better.

The moment I opened the door she wasn't at the sofa. Where was she ? I called her name out so many times but no one seemed to answer me. I put the herbal soup in the kitchen and walked around . Just then I see the bathroom door closed with the lights on. I knocked on the door but no one answered me. I kept trying to open the door but it doesn't seem to open. I kicked the door open and I see ______ laying down on the floor wrapped around with her towel. I went in immediately and lifted her up. Luckily her towel was wrapped around tight. I laid her down on the sofa. I didn't care if she was wet , or if she's going to wet the sofa, the only thing now is that she's alright. There was a little blood at the side of her forehead. I took the cloth earlier and dipped it into some water to wipe off the blood. Just as I wiped the blood off her forehead she let out a slight hiss. Then she slowly opened her eyes.

Me : What the hell were you thinking !? Going into the bathroom alone. Seeing you on the floor, like that. Do you know how worried I was ?! And considering the condition you're in right now. You can't even walk straight ! Your temperature is rising up! You fainted twice today! How could you be so careless ?!

Slowly tears start to fill her eyes. Oh God what have I done ? Was I being too harsh ? I leaned closer and wiped of her tears and said "No no no , don't cry .No .. what's wrong?" . She held onto my hand and forced out to say "It hurts..". I nodded my head slowly and asked her to close her eyes. I tried to process everything on what she's going through.

I think she's having body aches which explains why she couldn't walk properly. Or muscle aches other people call it. And her high fever, her temperature is rising up and that isn't good. She hit her head, I know she did, I just didn't know how but there's medicine in the first aid kit. And I think that's about it. Within five minutes , I got everything ready to try to relieve her pain. I applied medicine on the injury on her forehead. I placed heat packs in her hands. Thank Key for buying them and stocking them up in case we needed them. I placed an ice pack on her forehead , not touching her injury. From there I was done. She laid down and slowly from being tensed she relaxed a little. I managed to form a smile on my face and I sat beside her. I checked the time and see that it's already 10.35 p.m. 

Now I'm thinking that I should give Mike hyung a call. I took out my phone and walked towards the kitchen. Within seconds he picked up .

Me : Hyung .
Mike : Yes , what's happening ?
Me : She has body aches , a high fever and she hit her head somewhere when she was in the bathroom causing her to faint.
Mike : WHAT ?!
Me : It's all taken care off , but now. Can you somehow , talk to SM and give her at least three days off ?
Mike : I'll try to see what I can do.
Me : Gomawo hyung .
Mike : You take care of her. The rest of SHINee are still carrying on with their schedules. You should call one of them to inform them about this.
Me : Nae , arraso.

After that I hung up.