Chapter 53.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 15/12/12


(Taemin's POV)
I couldn't help but chuckle after listening to her mumble silly words to herself. It was really cute and an adorable sight. After we finished eating , it was Onew's turn to pay for dinner. He went up and paid for the meal while the rest of us waited outside the restaurant for him to come . I was standing beside _______ , with our hands still held tight together.

_____ : Yah oppa .
Me : Hmm ?
_____ : Your hand -she said while gazing down to our hands held together-
Me : Wae ?
_____ : I-I'm just wondering why you're sti-
Me : Why I'm still holding your hand ? Because when I hold your hand , it makes me feel warm, and loved. -grins-
_____ : Aish chincha . How cheesy is that .
Me : Cheesy enough to make you mine .

_____ looked away from me but I could see her cheeks are turning red. Just then Onew came out saying "let's go back home!" . "To our dorm you mean" Key snapped . "So what ?! We're living there ! It's home!" Onew said with a grin. Everyone let out a laugh and we walked back to our "home" or dorm. Whichever we call it , it's still the same.

Walking back to our dorm, I talked to _____ along the way .

Me : So , excited ?
_____ : for what ?
Me : For our counselling session with Max hyung's girlfriend .
_____ : why should I be ?
Me : Because you're going with me -grins-
_____ : Aish chincha .
Me : C'mon , you know you love it -pokes her arm-
_____ : and what if I do ?
Me : Then it's perfect .
_____ : What's perfect ?
Me : Our relationship from sunbae to hoobae , to friends , bestfriends , and girlfriend to boyfriend .
_____ : well you certainly plan everything out .
Me : Well , it has to be perfect .
_____ : But I'm not perfect . Maybe you are .
Me : No .
_____ : Then ?

I leaned closer to her ear and whispered "I'm only perfect with you" .

(Your POV)

He leaned away chuckling after he whispered into your ear. Your eyes widen and you turned immediately to face him. "Surprised?" He said with a grin looking back at you. You looked away and you used your other hand (your other hand is still being held by Taemin) to touch your cheeks. It was definitely burning up. "don't burn up now" He said while looking in front .

You : B-bwo ?
Taemin : there's more where that came from .
You : Oh ?
Taemin : You'll see , soon .
You : And how soon is soon ?
Taemin : When you least expect it .
You : Aish .. oppa !
Taemin : Waeyo ? Don't you like surprises ?
You : I do bu-
Taemin : You don't have to know when , just don't expect anything .

You mumbled to yourself "like I ever expected anything in the first place" while letting out a slight pout.

Just then all of you arrived to the dorm and everyone went to their rooms. You went to the bathroom to change to your sleeping clothes and to do whatever you needed to do in the bathroom. After that you went to the sofa to lay back and close your eyes. You placed your hand over your forehead and your temperature was still slightly high than usual. Looks like you still have a slight fever. Just then you could hear whispers and discussions in one of the oppa's room,but you couldn't really be bothered.

(Minho's POV)
I dragged Onew into Key and Jonghyun's room for a little discussion. Taemin was in his room anyways. I think he's still reading his book so this is the best time to have a discussion .

Me : Alright guys , we can't help Taemin anymore .
Key : Waeyo ?
Jonghyun : Yah .. did you not see the way he reacted ?
Onew : he's not a little kid anymore .
Me : Exactly , he's 20 already . 
Key : Bu-
Jonghyun & Onew & Me : NO BUTS .
Me : he's been going through this for so long . even when he was with Haneul .
Onew : we planned everything for him and the only time he planned something was for her birthday .
Key : Yeah ? well it turned out like crap . He got ditched .
Jonghyun : That's why now , we'll let him plan everything from the beginning .
Me : You know ______ isn't like Haneul .
Onew : She doesn't expect anything like Haneul.
Jonghyun : HAH  ! So I wasn't the only one !
Key : the only to what ?
Jonghyun : to think she was slowly turning to a stuck up snob .
Key : Nice way to describe her .
Me : we'll only help Taemin when he needs us .
Onew : That seems reasonable .
Key : geundae -
Onew & Jonghyun & Me : GEUNDAE BWO!?
Key : What about Kris ?
Me : I don't know about that , when I find out I'll let you know .
Onew : Arraso , so meeting's over ?
Me : I guess so .

With that being said I walked out of Key's room and walked pass by Taemin's room to walk straight to the living room.

I sat down on the stool beside ______ as she was laying down on the sofa just closing her eyes. Just sitting beside her gives me a warm feeling . If Taemin screws up everything with her, I'm stepping in no matter what. Unless I see that he can try hard enough to hold on to her no matter what.

She slowly opened her eyes and tilted her head to face mine.

Me : Oh ? Sorry if I woke you up .
______ : a-ani .. what are you doing here ?
Me : I want to ask you something .
______ : bwo .. ?
Me : You , like Taemin ?

She gave me a sweet smile and burried her face onto her pillow. That's her answer right there. A Yes . I pat her on the head and got up but she held onto my wrist as she moved the pillow away from her face. "Don't tell oppa" she said worriedly .

Me : don't worry -pats head- I won't let out a thing .
______ : Yaksuk ?
Me : Yaksuk . Sleep , you need it .
______ : nae , jalja oppa .
Me : Nae .

I went to off the lights, and walk to my room. As I open the door I see Taemin slowly falling asleep. As soon as he knocked out, I removed his book and placed it on the table to pull up the blanket on him. I ruffled his hair and softly said "Min-ah , go for it. Don't hold back" . After that I walked back to my bed to lay down and sleep.

(Taemin's POV)
"Min-ah, go for it. Don't hold back" ..

Me ? I'm not going to hold back. Not now . Never.