Chapter 79.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 29/12/12


(Your POV)

You were back at your dorm in your room. Now there's no more SHINee , just you alone. Living in one big dorm. But it could be alright , right? You laid down on your bed , today there was no schedule and well, Yeon-Unnie isn't around as she has meetings. Mike is also busy with EXO , as well as Joo-Unnie. You just took out your phone and read your twitter replies. Mostly replying to the photo you posted .

" OMO ! You two are so adorable !!! HWAITING !!! "
" AHHHHH ! This is so cute ! You are so pretty ! HIHI TAEMIN ~!"
"You're so gorgeous! Taemin looks good! "
"Good to see you two having fun ! great picture!"

You tried to reply most of them, well . There were too many mentions until you couldn't reply them all. You went to see your followers and it got even more and more. You decided to upload another photo of you and Taemin from the beach with the caption , in Korean.

" 난 당신이 모두가 건강하게 잘하길 바래! 내 남자 친구는 지금 일본에 있습니다. SHINee의 HWAITING! ^^" (I hope you all are healthy and well! My boyfriend is in Japan now, SHINee Hwaiting!)

After that you tossed your phone aside, wondering what to do to pass the time.You decided to try to create a Youtube account. Since your laptop had an installed webcam, which was quite good quality. You recorded a short video and uploaded it. You tweeted about your Youtube account with your Youtube video. The video title was "Joining Youtube".

"Annyeonghaseyo -bows, and hello! -waves- _______ here. *In Korean* I decided to make a Youtube channel, but sometimes it may be in English , or sometimes it may be in Korean , like now! Of course , I'll have English Translations to those who would want them. And if they are in English, I'll have Korean translations , I hope. Anyways! This is my official youtube channel  ,so I hope you give a lot of support! If you don't, I'll just eat chocolate. Kidding, Anneyong!"

You tried to edit it and add english subtitles at the bottom of the video. After you uploaded the video , you left to the bathroom,realizing you haven't taken a shower yet.


It's been a few days since you've seen Taemin. He called you every night, since the time zone was about the same. Sometimes he'd call you at 3.00 a.m. in the morning because of his trainings. Of course you'd be sleeping but whenever he calls you wouldn't mind at all.

Taemin : Anneyong~
You : Nae ?
Taemin : Oh , were you sleeping ? Aish .
You : Ani ani ani ! I .. I was going to wake up anyways .
Taemin : At 3.30 a.m. in the morning ?
You : W-well , I was hungry !
Taemin : Ah .. so how's back in Korea ?
You : same old same old , it-
Taemin : Make more videos .
You : Eh ?
Taemin : I've seen your Youtube channel.
You : But you don't have twi- ah.. you checked my twitter .
Taemin : I told you I'd check it everytime I missed you. 
You : And how many times do you check my twitter ?
Taemin : Almost all the time . So tweet more you busy girl !
You : Yah , shouldn't you be sleeping or something ?
Taemin : I should .
You : But ?
Taemin : But I want to talk to you . 
You : arraso , what time training starts tomorrow ? or in other words , today ?

The two of you kept on talking and talking until he said he has to go for training. When he hung up, you checked the time and it was already 5.40 a.m. , you had to be up by 6.00 a.m. 

"It's all worth it" you thought to yourself.


A few weeks have passed and you've been living alone. Just then you got a call from SM , "_____ , meet me in my office now" . You replied with a yes , you got dressed and went to SM's office .

You : President .. ?
SM : How about a few EXO members stay with you ?
You : O-oh ?
SM : well , I know it must be tiring living alone in a big dorm. Since SHINee will be gone until 2 years , maybe you could use some company .
You : Oh ?
SM : -chuckles- I've already called a few EXO members to stay with you, they agreed immediately.
You : N-nae .
SM : So just welcome them and don't be shy to tell them the house rules .


You walked back to your dorm and see that a few boys were standing outside the dorm. You walked closer and you see that Kris , Baekhyun , D.O. and Luhan were standing outside of your door . They all put down their bags and came to hug you the moment they saw you. They let you go and you opened the door for them. You showed them their rooms, Kris and Luhan went into Taemin's room, while D.O. and Baekhyun went into Key's room. You gave them time to unpack while you were just resting on your bed in front of your laptop replying all your fan's mentions on twitter. Then you tweeted "I have company living with me now!"

Just then tons of mentions flooded your mentions. Then you tweeted "Want to know who? ^^ Watch my next video! Which will be uploaded soon! "

You switched on the webcam and started to record , in Korean .

" Annyeong ! ______ here ! Has everyone been great ? I hope so ! Thanks for all the sweet tweets on my twitter. I try to read them all but there's too many. Anyway , I have company living here now. Hold on . OPPA ! "

The moment you called out "Oppa!" Kris came to your room first "Wae are you hu-?" you pulled him to sit beside you on the bed facing the webcam. "What's this ?" he asked pointing at the webcam where he can see you and him at the screen. 

"This is a webcam, it's recording, this is going on Youtube." you explained .

"Wah , chincha ?" Kris asked . "Nae , I'm recording for the fans and telling them that you're living here now."

Kris : Not just me . YAH ! HAN ! HYUN ! SOO !

Just then Luhan , Baekhyun and Kyungsoo (D.O.) came to your room saying unison "Nae ?" They all grouped around you in front of the webcam just looking at it .

You : These are the boys that will be living with me .
Baekhyun : Nae ! This will be fun !
Kyungsoo : Wah , we look pretty good here .
Luhan : You guys are weird .
Kyungsoo & Baekhyun : then why are you in here ?
Luhan : I-I don't know -shows tongue-
You : Oppa , say something . 
Kris : Oh , support ________ very very much .
Luhan : Buy all her albums !
Kyungsoo : But she only has one album .
Baekhyun : When the time comes there'll be more and more !
Exo : SO BUY THEM ALL !
You : And support EXO oppa's a lot too. I think we'll stop now. 
Everyone : Annyeong ! -waves-

You stopped recording ,added english substitles and uploaded the video.


It's been a few months , and you've been working on a few songs that you written by yourself. SM got you a piano, a keyboard that is. You placed it in your room by the seat by the window. You haven't found a suitable title for the song, but it was something emotional and,  well sad. Today you have a schedule. An appearance on Win Win . Which is a celebrity talk show.

You were in the dressing room and within a few minutes you got on the set and waved at the audience. The MC's for today were Gikwang (Beast) , Seung Woo , and the other two, let's just call them MC3 and MC4 . All were males by the way. 

You sat opposite them on the sofa, while they asked you questions .

Gikwang : So , introduce yourself !
You : Oh ? Nae . Annyeonghaseyo ________-inmida .

The audience cheered and you could see fans holding up signs with messages on them. Some had pictures of you and Taemin on it.

MC3 : So we'll play a trivia game. 
MC4 : as usual , if you can answer 40 questions within 4 minutes , we'll give out free bread. If not we'll do the dance.
Seung Woo : Gikwang , you start !
Gikwang : How is it like being a trainee under SM compared to JYP?
You : Normal .
Gikwang : How do you react to the fans screaming for you ?
You : Contended .
Gikwang : Name three song's that you know from SHINee .
You : Dazzling Girl , Replay and Ring Ding Dong .
Gikwang : Wah , how old were you when you first got recruited under JYP ?
You : Seven .
Gikwang : Do you like the reactions from your fans ?
You : yes very much .
Gikwang : What do you love about Taemin ?
You : Everything .
Gikwang : What comes to your mind when you hear the name Taemin ?
You : Perfection .
Gikwang : If you could have any super power in the world what would it be ?
You : Mind-reading .

Before Gikwang could ask another question the buzzer went off and you answered 8 questions. Just then it was Seung Woo's turn to ask the questions. It was pretty fun just speed answering the questions. Everyone in the room laughed or gasped each time you answered a question. Round 2 :

Seung Woo : Now I'll be asking the top questions voted by the fans .
You : Nae . 
Seung Woo : How long do you think you and Taemin will last ?
You : As long as our love takes us .
Seung Woo : If you had to choose to save Taemin from a fire which would cause you to die , touchwood or you wouldn't save him and survive ?
You : I'll save him . -gasps filled the room-
Seung Woo : What if you had to give up your career just to be with Taemin ? Would you do it ?
You : Why not ?
Seung Woo : What would you do if you and Taemin had to break up ?
You : I guess it happens for a reason.
Seung Woo : Where do you see yourself in 4 years ?
You : Hopefully successful.
Seung Woo : Would you marry Taemin if the two of you were still together for a long time ?
You : Yes .
Seung Woo : Will you make a video singing for Taemin and upload it on your Youtube page ?
You : I guess ?
Seung Woo : Is it okay to cheat on someone ?
You : I don't think it's right .
Seung Woo : What if Taemin cheated on you , and you knew about it ?
You : I'd wait for the truth to reveal itself .

Before he tried to ask anything else , the buzzer went off. And you managed to answer 9 questions. The other two MC's too asked you 20 other questions but altogether , out of 40 questions you answered 35. The MC's did their dance and sat back down to continue the talk with you.


(Taemin's POV)
We haven't talked in a few days, because I've been really busy and she told her she was appearing on Win Win, so I told her I'd watch it. Today was a day off and I was flipping through the channels. Just as I changed the channel, Win Win was on and ______ was on the TV .

Me : YAH ! HYUNG ! ______ is on the TV !

All of them ran out of their rooms and huddled around me in front of the TV. She was speed answering the questions so calmly. That's my girl. A lot of questions were about me , and she seemed to handle it pretty well. Her laugh, her smile. It made me feel , at ease just watching her. Just then they asked her to give a video message to me. She looked towards the camera and said ,

"Oppa , if you're watching this in Japan , just know that you have nothing to worry about. Worry about yourself and your health arraso ? Saranghae "
The audience cheered and so did the hyungs around me. I continued to watch Win Win until it was over and I went to my room to lay down on my bed with my phone. I went to Youtube to see if she uploaded any other videos. And she did, it was a cover for an english song called "I love you" by Avril Lavigne. She was sitting by her piano and she started to sing, I plugged in my earphones to listen to the full cover and I was in a trance. She kept smiling to herself as she sang. At the end of the video she said ,

"So there you have it. A lof of you requested for me to do a cover, and most of you told me to do it for Taemin. And here it is! Oppa , if you're watching , hwaiting! Annyeong ! -she waved before the video ended- "

Smiling to myself I tried to call her, she picked up after a few seconds .

_____ : Oppa ? 
Me : Mmm , I saw your video , and your appearance on Win Win .
_____ : Chincha ? How was it ?
Me : It was perfect  .
_____ : Which one ?
Me : Both . and you .
_____ : Aiesh .

At the back I could hear someone shouting "________ ! You're next in 3 minutes !". She shouted back "Nae ! I'll be there!"

Me : are you busy now ?
_____ : Oh ? I'm doing a photoshoot .
Me : For ?
_____ : A new album .
Me : Wah , chincha ?
_____ : Mmm , oppa , I'll call you back ?
Me : Oh ? Oh .. nae .
_____ : Get Skype ! Ask Key oppa or Jonghyun oppa, I'm sure they'll know what it means. I'll talk to you later !

She hung up after that. I walked out of my room and see Key on the laptop. I sat beside him and he was on me2day.

Me : Hyung .
Key : Hmm ?
Me : Do you know what is .. Skype ?
Key : Yeah , it's like . Skype is a software application that allows users to make voice calls over the Internet. Calls to other users within the Skype service . 
Me : Do you have an account ?
Key : of course ! I use it to call my grandmother . 
Me : Can you help me create one ?
Key : Wa- ah .. for _____ ?
Me : Nae .
Key : Alright , I'll help you !


It was already 8.21 p.m. and I was laying down on my bed, just then Jonghyun and Key came into my room with the laptop. I sat up with my legs crossed on the bed while they placed the laptop in front of me. "What is thi-"

Key cut me off and said "Answer the video call when it comes" and left my room. He dragged Jonghyun out of the room and closed the door. I stared at the screen and it was the skype homepage. I didn't have any contacts, other than Key hyung , and Jonghyun hyung. Just then there was a call .

" ______18 is asking for a video call. Accept or decline?"

My eyes widen when I saw her name. Was it really her ? I accepted the call and I could see myself through the webcam. Slowly the image on the other side became clearer and I can see her laying on her bed with the laptop on her laps.

______ : Annyeong oppa ! -waves-
Me : Is that really you ?
______ : Yah , you can't recognize me ?
Me : Of course I can bu-
______ : It's me, oppa . -smiles-
Me : Ah , that's my girl .
______ : Missed me ?
Me : Everyday . 
______ : Now we can call like this whenever you want. 
Me : Chincha ?
______ : well , we can try !

And just like that we kept on talking and talking looking at each other through the webcam. I felt closer with her but, I want her beside me so badly. Unknowingly , we talked until it was already 12.30 a.m. My schedules tomorrow doesn't start until 3.00 p.m. but I don't know about her . Just then she got a call , I didn't know who was it from but I could only hear the responses she was giving .

"Ani , I'm not busy now. "

"Andwae , I'm not busy but I'm doing something important ."

" I'll sleep as soon as it's done ."

" It'll be soon ! "

" Aiesh , I'll get enough sleep , don't worry! "

" Yes , I Know what time it starts. Mmm .. nae . Anneyong ! Jalja ! "

She put away her phone and looked back at me saying "Where were we ?"

Me : Where are you going tomorrow ?
______ : Ani , it's just a call from Yeon-Unnie .
Me : You have schedules tomorrow ?
______ : Mmm .. something like that .
Me : What time does it start ?
______ : Ah , it starts in the afternoon.
Me : So we can continue talking ?
______ : nae , where were we ?

We continued talking to each other until it was 6.03 a.m. There was just so much we had to say. We kept telling each other what happened each day. She told me about EXO living with her. People tell me that I should feel threatened that she's living with other 4 guys but to me , I trust her wholeheartedly . I told her to sleep and she agreed. We bid each other goodnight and I shut down the laptop.


(Your POV)

It was already 6.03 a.m. and Taemin decided to go to sleep, and he told you to sleep as well. You agreed and he logged off after saying goodnight. After you shut down the laptop , you got up and washed up to get dressed. Your schedules actually start at 7.00 a.m. sharp , but you wanted more time with Taemin so you didn't sleep. Before you left your dorm , Kris looked at you closely and you leaned away .

You : Oppa , waeyo ?
Kris : You .. you didn't sleep ?
You : A-ani . I slept !
Kris : Don't lie to me .
You : I really di-
Kris : I said don't lie to me .
You : F-fine . I didn't . 
Kris : Look , I know you want more time with Taemin , it's been 6 months since he's there. I know you feel sad but you have to take care of your health . Arraso ?
You : Nae , oppa . 
Kris : take care .