Chapter 47.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 11/12/12 .


(Your POV)
A few days passed by just like that and today was Saturday. You've been talking to Kris and Taemin and gotten a lot of closer to them lately . You weren't really sure of their feelings. Nor you were about yours. You woke up with your phone vibrating in your pocket . You reach into your pocket to pull out your phone . It was a call from Kris. Your eyes widen and you sat up properly to answer the call .

You : Yoboseyo ?
Kris : Change of plans , I'm coming for you now .
You : W-waeyo ?
Kris : Is it too early for you ?
You : A-ani , maybe you need to wait because I'm not r-
Kris : It's okay , I'll wait outside your dorm .
You : Arraso oppa .

With that being said , you placed your phone on the table and went to wash up . The moment you opened the bathroom door , you see Taemin standing in front of you. These few days he's been acting really weird around you. He's been being really sweet and nice. Sometimes you even wonder if it's the same person. But you still acted like it was normal, but you liked the way he was treating you so far. You stepped aside so he could go in but he didn't go in. Instead he followed you back to the living room. You took your purse, your phone and put your watch on. Just as you were about to leave Taemin said "So you're really going on the date with him ?" You turned around .

You : Nae , wae ?
Taemin : Can you , not go ?
You : wae ?
Taemin : It's just.. ah , nevermind . Go , have fun.

You wondered what's gotten into him. But you opened the door and you see Kris leaning on the wall. You unlocked the grill door and locked it after you stepped out. Just then Kris asked if you had breakfast. Which you haven't. You told him you haven't and the two of you walked to the nearest restaurant. After breakfast , the two of you walked to the park. And sat on one of the benches there. It was a little quiet , as no one was really there. It's only 9.00a.m. , so there weren't many people .
You : so.. we agreed on 10.00 a.m. , why the sudden change ?
Kris : Nothing .. I just wanted to meet you earlier . -grins-
You : Yah .. ige mwoyaa ..
Kris : Wae ? You don't want to see me ?
You : Ani , if I didn't want to see you I'd stay in the dorm. sleeping right now .
Kris : Ah ..

Somehow , you felt the feeling with Kris , was a little awkward. Like you and him didn't click. Not sure if that's just the way you're feeling . Just then he held your hand and said "_____-ah. ", you tilted your head to face his and he just leaned closer to kiss you. He planted a kiss on your lips and he pulled away slowly .

You looked away to the ground and pulled your hand away from his . Kris then leaned back on the bench and let out a heavy sigh. You weren't too sure what just happened , but you kept quiet. Until he spoke .

Kris : That's all I wanted to know.
You : Oh ?
Kris : I know , you don't like me .
You : B-bwo ?
Kris : It's obvious, to me . 
You : Oppa , what are you ta-
Kris : You like Taemin .
You : Op-
Kris : the way you look at him. the way you smile at him. it's different.
You : Geunda-
Kris : I already knew , that I couldn't have you. But I just wanted a day with you before you really land into Taemin's hands. 
You : But I don't know if I really like Tae-
Kris : So all I'm asking for is , if we could just pretend we're together today .

A million of questions were running through your mind but you just nodded your head slowly and he continued to hold your hand.

(Kris's POV)
These few days, she's been driving me insane. We just met , and everything. But I had feelings for her. I didn't realize it sooner but the moment I did, I knew I wasn't the one. It's confirmed to me the moment I kissed her. She didn't feel anything, but I surely did. It's going to leave another scar on me , but as long as she's happy, that's actually enough for me. I may not find another girl like her , but I'm thankful I can have her to myself for this day. And maybe , just maybe. I wasn't meant to love.

This girl right here, she's making the people around her really happy. And I'm glad I'm one of those people. Taemin better realize her soon , or I'll make him realize .

 

(Your POV)

After sitting on the bench for a while , Kris took you for bowling . You two really had fun spending time and laughing at one another each time one of you failed on hitting any of the pins. Then , you two went for lunch. During lunch the two of you talked .

Kris : So are you enjoying your day so far ?
You : nae .. gomawo oppa .
Kris : Don't say thank you , I should be thanking you .
You : W-waeyo ?
Kris : because you're willing to spend time with me. -grins- let's eat !
You : Oh ? Oh .. nae .

After lunch , he paid for it and the two of you walked by the sidewalk. Just then you hear Kris say "let's call it a day."
You : Oh ? I thought we're going for a movie ?
Kris : I think , we should just do this another time .
You : Waeyo ?
Kris : I have things to do , so . You take these tickets , and go with Taemin .
You : Op-
Kris : don't tell me no , just go with him . Arasso ? I told him to meet me at the cinema , he agreed. But instead he'll meet you . 
You : Geundae.-
Kris : You run along to the cinema now , alright ? Have fun . Annyeong . -he said with a smile-

You just stood there by the sidewalk as he walked away.

(Kris's POV)
The moment I turned away from her a tear rolled down my cheek. It hurt , for me. But it's the best for her, and that's what I wanted for her . I don't even have anywhere to go right now. But I know that was the right thing for me to do. Eventhough I hurt a lot , Taemin's hurt more than me. He deserves her. I walked back to my dorm and went into my room. I laid down on my bed while Luhan came beside me and sat by my side.

Luhan : Hyung .. 
Me : b-bwo .. ?
Luhan : I don't know what happened , but . I hope things get better .
Me : Luhan ah .. ?
Luhan : nae hyung ?
Me : Am I .. worthless ?
Luhan : Ani , you're not .
Me : It just seems like everything falls on me whenever it gets perfect .
Luhan : Hyung .. I know it's really hard on you now . But , you're not going through this alone . I promise.

Then Luhan leaned over to give me a hug. I accepted his hug , and unknowingly , tears start to flow down my cheeks.

 

(Taemin's POV)
I reached the cinema but I couldn't see Kris hyung anywhere. The moment he told me we're going to see a movie together , I figured ______ would come along as well . Just then I see ______ entering the cinema and I called her name out. She saw me and she walked towards me .

Me : Annyeong ! 
______ : Annyeong oppa .
Me : So we're going to watch a movie ?
______ : Oh , nae .
Me : Geundae , where's Kris hyung ?
______ : He has something to do .
Me : Ah .. chincha ?
______ : Nae , wae ? You don't want to watch the movie with me ?
Me : Ani ani ani , kaja !

During the movie , I couldn't even focus on the movie. I kept glancing at _______ in hopes she would actually look at me. I know it's only been a few days since I realized that maybe I like her . But it's time like this where the little moment counts. Right ?