Chapter 12.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on ; 26/11/12 . 


So a few days went by just like that , and you're already ready to leave Korea . You were in the airport waiting for your flight with your parents , your friends , and Mr.David . You actually wanted to leave to Korea by yourself . Without saying goodbyes and everything . You hated goodbyes because well , it causes everyone to be emotional and tears . There will always be tears. But this time you want to make it different . You said to yourself , 

I'm not going to cry . I can't cry . The moment I reach there I'll be going to SM Entertainment straight away . How can I show up after crying ?

So it was 30 minutes before your flight and you already had to board the plane . Somehow you didn't want to board the plane late , you wanted to be early for a change . Your parents hugged you and told you everything you needed to know . Your bestfriend and Mr.David said their goodbyes . Everyone there were tearing up when you said "NO TEARS . It's a rule . I'll be back to visit whenever I can . Don't cry , chin up , AND WAIT FOR ME ! " while going through the terminal and onto the plane .

You got onto the plane and took a seat beside a guy wearing a cap , with a blue t-shirt and some jeans . You sat down and looked around . A flight for 6 hours is seriously no joke . When you finally relaxed and got into place . The guy beside you said something but you weren't paying attention .

"________ ?" that guy said . How does he know my name ? Is he someone I know ? You turned to look at the guy beside you and he took off his cap and said "HEY ! It's me ! " . You looked carefully at his face and you realize it's your friend , Michael . For short , you call him Mike .

Mike : What are you doing here ?
You : oh you know , the usual , hunting elephants on the plane .
Mike : you never changed one BIT .
You : What makes you think I did ? 
Mike : so  , how you've been ?
You : I've been doing good .
Mike : was everything okay ever since JYP .. ?
You : Yeah I guess so .. 
Mike : Okay okay , enough with this talk .hmm , OH ! Why are you on this flight ?
You : because I had tickets ! 
Mike : c'mon , you know what I mean , why are you going to Korea for ?
You : Let's just say , God opened another door for me now .
Mike : ahhh .. you got another shot at JYP ?
You : Not JYP , another one .
Mike : There's another JYP ?!
You : NO NO NO , dang it Mike .
Mike : Hahaha , alright , alright . I get it . 
You : So , how you've been ? Dancing doing alright ?
Mike : yeh yeh , I'm going to be a dancing instructor for one of them companies too .
You : I have no intention of knowing which entertainment you're training for .
Mike : C'monnnnnn , if you know then I might introduce to some bachelors for you _________ ~
You : Stop it -hits arm-
Mike : DANG GIRL , You're still strong as hell .
You : And you're still whiny as usual . 
Then the both of you laugh and talked about everything that happened , how were things .

Ahh .. it's so good to run into Mike . He's been there with me when I was in JYP Entertainment . He kept training me during JYP Dance practices and vocals . Sometimes acting , but I never really liked it . When I had to come back to my own country after being cut , he quit as the dance instructor . As a kid , I thought it was because he was doing it for fun . But as I grew older , and when I got closer to him . I realize dancing was everything to him  . And he gave it up for me because I didn't get to live my dreams at that moment . Now it's good to see Mike having another opportunity . And now we're having one together ,again . It really is just like old times . Only if dad was here .. 

Suddenly you woke up lying on Mike's shoulder . When you woke up he said "Heyyyyy ! you're awake ! Finally ! I was wondering when you're going to wake up ! " . "Sorry for leaning on your shoulder , and sleeping . " You said while giving out a laugh . 
Mike : it's alright ! you can lean on this shoulder , ANYTIME . -winks-
You : Hahaha , dream on Mike . Dream on .

*This is your captain speaking , we'll be landing in 5 minutes time , please return to your seats and fasten your seatbelts*

Mike : Hey ! We're landing ! 
You : Oh no Mike  , we're going on another round in the air before landing .
Mike : Now this is why I miss you .
You : so , when you get there , where you going to stay ?
Mike : Oh me ? I've got a friend , he has an apartment there so . You know . Guys , just staying at other guys house without paying no rent .
You : Really ? He lets you stay for free ?
Mike : Yeah yeah yeah ! You wanna stay with ? You can sleep with me -winks-
You : You really haven't changed at all Mike .
Mike : And I never said I did . But I would , FOR YOUUUUUUU ___________ ! 

"HEY KID IN THE FRONT , KEEP IT QUIET UP FRONT ! " Some old lady shouted from the back . You and Mike just bursted out laughing .

Mike is a guy that has been taking care of you like an older brother . He's 8 years older than you , which makes him 26 . He's overprotective of you but you don't mind because you know his intentions are true and it only shows that he cares .

Mike : hey so when I get there , wanna come with me to see where I'm living ?
You : I can't . You know Uncle Dan ?
Mike : DAN ? The Daniel uncle but we call him Uncle Dan ?
You : Yeah , he said one of my friends in Korea will be taking me straight to the building of the entertainment I'll be training at.
Mike : ah I see , then , another time ! How long will you be in Korea ?
You : I don't know , if I can make it this time , maybe a few years ? If I get cut again then , I guess a few weeks time.
Mike : this time , you HAVE to get accepted . You just have to .

*This is your captain , ready for landing*

Suddenly you see Mike holding on to your hand . He really hasn't changed one bit . He's always been afraid on riding on planes , but he could never admit that .

So you got down the plane and walked into the airport . "Hey ______ ! I'll see you around , you'll be fine on your own right?" Mike said while stopping halfway before walking towards his friend . "Yeah ! I'll be fine ! " You said while showing him a big smile . "Alright ! I gotta bounce ! Bye _______ ! " Mike said running towards his friend .
You didn't know who was coming to fetch you , so you walked around when suddenly someone grabbed your luggage and ran. 

You chased after the guy that grabbed your bag . And when you finally caught him , you see him putting your luggage in his car trunk and pushed you into the passenger's seat . Who is he ? Is he the guy that's supposed to fetch me ?
Then the guy came into the driver's seat and took off his cap and sunglasses . You were shocked to see that it was Nichkhun.


"Anneyeong ________ ! " Nichkhun said while giving you a hug . "Yah ! So grabbing my luggage , making a run for it , and pushing me into the car is how you welcome me back to Korea ?!" You said because you were still having a shock and you were afraid . 
"Nae .. Mianhae . But ! I admit , you look good now ! I have seen you sinc- oh .. " Nichkhun said but stopped half way.
"Since I got cut off from JYP ? Hmm , yeah I guess that was when I last saw you ."You said while pinching his cheeks . "AIGOOOOO LOOK AT YOUR CHEEKS . You're so chubby !" 

"Yah ! I'm a man now ________ , This is not chubby , it's muscles ! " Nichkhun said while pouting .

MUSCLES ? ON YOUR FACE ? He never fails to make me laugh . 
"Nae Nichkhun-ssi , it's that possible to have muscles on your face " You said sarcastically .

 

Nichkhun : so how you've been ? 
You : I guess I've been doing alright , you ?
Nichkhun : Great ! 2PM has been doing good !
You : But , what about Jay-oppa ?
Nichkhun : we really miss him but , we can't do anything about it . we want him back but we saw him doing so well as a solo artist in Korea and in America , we decided to let him have his own career . But we still meet up when he's in Korea though !
You : ahh ..
Nichkhun : so are you happy ? getting accepted into SM Entertainment ? -he said while having a big smile on his face-
You : Well yes ..
Nichkhun : what's the matter ? You don't seem so happy about it .
You : I'm just afraid . that this thing is just another , another chance for me to get kicked out again.
Nichkhun : well don't worry about that , it's all going to be fine ! I promise !