Chapter 57.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 17/12/12


(Your POV)

You opened your eyes slowly and see that Taemin is in the kitchen on the phone. You couldn't really hear what he was talking about but he was on the phone with Minho. As he said "Minho hyung listen to me!"

You tried to look around and you see two heat packs in each of your hand. Then you feel an ice pack on your forehead along with something applied on your injury. Your body still aches but it was a little better compared to just now. Coming to your senses you realized you were still wrapped with a towel. You placed the heat packs on the table, and removed the ice packs slowly from your forehead to place them on the table. Once you removed them you see Taemin coming towards you and said "Why are you taking them off ?" You gazed down to your towel and he gazed to where you were gazing. 

Taemin : Oh mian , you're .. still not dressed ..
You : C-can I get up to change ?
Taemin : Can you walk ?

You tried to stand up but your knees couldn't support your weight. It's been a long time since this happened. The last time this happened .. it was with your crush.

Before you fell back onto the sofa , Taemin held you waist. Taemin lifted you up, and carried you to the bathroom . He move the clothes on the toilet bowl lid and placed it by the sink. He let you down sitting on the toilet bowl lid. "Try to get dressed. Since your clothes are here. I'll be waiting behind the door. Knock when you're done." He said with a smile. Before he closed the door he said "Don't lock the door" and closed the door. You suffered a little trying to move and put on the clothes. You could hear Taemin leaning against the door shouting "Are you alright?!" You manage to shout a yes and you were fully dressed. Though , you hair was a little wet.

You knocked on the door and he opened it immediately . "Thank God you're alright. I thought you passed out again." He said while lifting you up. He lifted you up as though your weight was a piece of feather. He laid you down on the floor in front of the hair dryer. You looked at him with a confused look and he said "I'm drying your hair for you. can't have you with damp hair now can we?" with a smile while taking the hair dryer.

After 5 minutes , he was done with your hair . He put aside the hair dryer and carried you to the sofa. As soon as he laid you down , he got a phone call. "Wait here" He said while reaching for his phone, walking towards the kitchen to answer the call.

(Taemin's POV)
I looked at the called ID and it was Mike hyung. I answered the call immediately .

Mike : Alright , I've talked to SM about it .
Me : And ?
Mike : He wants to talk to _____ now .
Me : B-bwo ?
Mike : Just pass the phone to her .

(Your POV)
You see Taemin turning around , walking towards you with his phone. He passed you the phone and said "Someone wants to talk to you."

You took his phone and said "Y-yoboseyo?" with a weak voice. You didn't really have the strength to talk. You didn't even eat anything yet.
? : do you know who is this ?
You : P-president ? -You see Taemin's eyes widen just listening to you call the president-
SM : Nae -chuckles-
You : M-mianhae. chich-
SM : it's alright. I gave the two of you day off for two days for you to recover. I heard about your condition. And usually I don't give trainee's day offs like this , but the fact that you pushed yourself so hard and tried to go through all of this, was something admirable .
You : N-nae president.
SM : So I hope you get well soon within these two days. Make full use of Taemin. And I hope you do well during your debut. 
You : N-nae .
SM : take care.

You passed the phone back to Taemin and he placed his phone onto the table.

Taemin : What did he say ?
You : He said he's giving you and me two days off .

The moment Taemin heard that he bent over to hug you tightly. Of course your body hurt. So you let out a soft shout and Taemin released you from his arms. 
Taemin : Aish ! Mian ! -rubs your arms- What else did he say ?
You : He said, my actions today was something admirable .
Taemin : Not to mention stupid .
You : O-oh ?
Taemin : You could've really hurt yourself today. Your body aches, you couldn't even stand properly , and you're going through all of this alone. What are you thinking ?
You : M-Mianhae ..

After saying that you looked down and Taemin leaned closer to you lifting your chin up slightly. "Don't be sorry, just tell me next time" he said with a smile. Somehow that made you form a smile on your face. Taemin told you to lay down and well , you did as you were told. He placed an ice pack on your forehead and the heat packs on your hands. After that he walked to the kitchen. You didn't know what was going on but you kept laying down.

(Taemin's POV)
I walked into the kitchen to pour out the herbal soup into the bowl and walked back towards _____ sitting on the sofa.  Slowly she finished drinking the soup and I walked back to the kitchen to wash up the bowl. I quickly washed the bowl and walked back to the sofa.

I sat down on the stool beside her as slowly she fell asleep. I held her hand and removed the heat pack from her hand. I held her hand tight and I used her hand to touch my cheeks. Somehow the feeling of just holding her hand, made me feel loved. Of course I knew I fell for her. But I didn't know how I could express my feelings for her.

(Your POV)
You could feel Taemin holding onto your hand and leaning it onto his cheek then pulling it away. You could feel him just holding onto your hand. From there , just letting him hold onto your hand you felt safe, and secure. Maybe you already fell for him but you didn't know it. Just then before you decided to open your eyes , you hear Taemin saying something softly .

"_____-ah .. I .. I don't know how to start off to tell you this .." He started off saying.
" I .. I like you. A lot . You made me forget all about Haneul , and I met her again today .. Guess what? She wanted me back.. but I couldn't do it . "

You wanted to open your eyes and say something but then he continued to speak .

" Why I couldn't do it ? Because .. I met you .. Silly girl.. You stole my heart. And you won't give it back to me.. Do you know how worried I was ? Just watching you in pain .. "

Just then you felt his fingers running through your hair as he tucked a few strands of your hair at the back of your ear.

" You .. you're the reason why I smile now .. My heart just beats really fast when I'm around you. Which explains why now my heart is beating so fast but I can't calm down .. I've always thought of finding ways to express my feelings to you.. but I could never do it.. Guess now I'm doing it . But you're asleep .. aish .. " He finished off .

You waited for a few seconds before you opened your eyes, but you stopped the moment he said "_____-ah .. I hope you accept my feelings .. It would be great if you opened your eyes and told me you liked me too " while letting out a soft sigh.

Slowly you opened your eyes and his eyes widen. You tried to lean closer to him but you couldn't. It hurt you a little so you signalled him to come closer . He leaned closer with his hand still holding onto yours .

"Oppa .." you whispered. He nodded his head and waited for you to continue your sentence .

(Taemin's POV)
All of the sudden she slowly opened her eyes. Maybe she just woke up , she couldn't possibly heard all that. She signalled me to lean closer, since she couldn't lean closer towards me. I leaned closer to her ear and she whispered "Oppa .." 
Chills run down my spine and I nodded my head slowly. My heart , was beating really fast. Until I heard her say ,

"na-do neol jo-a-hae ( I like you too) " 

I leaned away and looked her in the eyes. My eyes widen and she smiled at me . 

Did she really say that ?