Chapter 65.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 22/12/12


(Your POV)

You walked out of the cafe and stood by the sidewalk. Wondering where is the pet cafe. It's been years since you've been there. Just then you see Minho walking up closer towards you. You greeted him but he smiled at you and held you by the wrist.

"Oppa , where are you taking me?" You asked but there was no answer as he kept dragging you towards a shop that was a few blocks away from the cafe. He stopped walking and let go of your wrist. Then he passed you a small note and walked away. At first you thought of chasing him and wanted to know what was going on , but you didn't. You looked at the shop he led you to, and it was the pet cafe. You opened the note before entering the pet cafe.

" A girl like you, do you like puppies? Just play with them.They're so cute! Minho helped you find your way didn't he? Go on in!"

As you entered the pet cafe, there were dogs everywhere. It's like a restaurant , just that there are dogs everywhere. The owner there just smiled as you walked in. Don't you have to pay for this ? You thought. You walked up to the owner and the owner just passed you a note ,smiled and walked away .

"What is really going on." You thought to yourself . 

" I told you , play with the puppies! No one will bother you! " Well , since he wants you to play with the puppies,you did as you were told. You started to play with a few of them, which were just irresistably cute. Some were fluffy , some where pure white, brown and golden.

After a while of playing with the dogs, you sat down on the chairs and looked at the clock. 

11.32 a.m. 

Holy crap. Time flies so fast. Guess playing with all these dogs were just really fun. Suddenly there was a dog, just walking up to you and lay it's head on your lap. You patted the dog's head and asked "What's wrong ? ". That dog just laid it's head there until you realized there was actually a note attatched to it's collar. You took the note and the dog's head was still resting on your lap .

" Like I told you, no one will bother you, I didn't say a dog wouldn't did I ?  ㅋㅋㅋ Out of the shop! "

Somehow you just wanted to see what he had in stored for the whole day instead of just finding your phone. It was somehow addictive for you to see what he planned. You walked out of the pet store and someone held onto your wrist. Turning your head you see Jonghyun smiling at you. He placed a note onto your hand and gave a pat on your head as he left. You didn't even try to catch up to him instead just opening the note .

" Having fun so far? ^^ Next stop, find a camera shop! P.S. straight :p "

What ? Straight ? What does he mean by straight ? Look straight ? Go straight ?  You turned left and right looking for the camera shop. You looked straight and opposite you it was the camera shop. You literally facepalmed yourself and crossed the road entering the camera shop. The moment you entered there was camera flashing. Which you had no idea why but you looked around at the camera shop, hoping to find a note. Just then above the glass shelf there was a polaroid with a pink note stuck on the top. You reached for the polaroid and opened the note to read it first.

" You found me! " That was the only thing the note said. You flipped over the polaroid and it was a selca of Taemin doing a heart. A smile formed upon your face when suddenly someone turned you around by the shoulders. The moment you turned around you see Kris smiling at you. 

You : Oppa . 
Kris : Let's go for lunch .
You : But I'm in the middle of-

Kris leaned closer and whispered "I'm a part of this" . And he leaned away as you slipped the polaroid photo into your pocket as well as the rest of the notes. "Kaja , let's go for lunch" he said while holding on to your hand.

(Kris's POV)
I brought her to the restaurant that was a few minutes walk away. She didn't ask any questions and that was kind of a relief. She sat opposite me and ordered her food, and I did the same.

*Flashback*

Me : Yoboseyo ?
? : Hyung !
Me : Taemin ?
Taemin : Nae hyung .
Me : Oh , nae .. ?
Taemin : I have a slight favor to ask from you .
Me : Oh , bwo ?
Taemin : Tomorrow, I'm planning something and I was wondering if you could help me with something.
Me : What is it ?
Taemin : I'll let you know the details tomorrow morning !
Me : N-nae .

I walked towards the park as Taemin told me to meet him there. I sat down beside him and he smiled at me.

Taemin : Hyung .
Me : W-wae ? Is there something wrong between you and _____ ?
Taemin : A-ani .. I just want .. to ask you to help me .
Me : With .. ?
Taemin : I'm planning something, and.. if you could pass her this note and take her for lunch. 
Me : Eh ?
Taemin : I know .. you used to like her .
Me : And ..-
Taemin : And I know you're , avoiding her and just pushing her to me. But I want you to know and see that eventhough she's .. sort of, mine. There's still nothing wrong with you and her being friends .
Me : Ah .. 
Taemin : So .. hyung ?

I took a while to think , but then I answered him.
Me : I'm in . I'll help you with whatever you're planning .
Taemin : Assa ! So just wait for her at the camera shop, at about 11.30a.m. she'll be there. 
Me : Nae .

With that being said, I smiled at him ,he passed me a note and I walked back to my dorm. I kept staring at the note Taemin passed to me. Still not knowing whether I want to open it. I felt a hand on my left shoulder and I turned around. 

Luhan : Don't do it .
Me : W-what are you talking about ?
Luhan : you'll only get hurt .
Me : w-
Luhan : You know what I'm talking about. Whatever is in that note, it's not for you to read. And , it'll only hurt you and yourself more.
Me : How do you even know what this is about ?
Luhan : I didn't say I know what it was about, I'm just saying I know it's going to hurt you.

What else could I say? He was right. I hate it when he makes sense. I stuffed the note down into my pocket and just laid down on my bed. He was just.. right. I like _____ enough to just want her to be happy with whoever she chooses. And she chose Taemin. I respect that. So now I'm helping Taemin. What does this kid have in mind ?
*Flashback over*

She was just looking around when suddenly she caught me staring at her the whole time .

______ : Oppa , you want to ask me something ?
Me : A-ani. What makes you th-
______ : Because you were staring -shows tongue- Just ask!
Me : Ah .. are you feeling better ?
______ : Aiesh .. nae . Thanks for asking . 
Me : So .. do you know whose , giving you all this notes ?
______ : I think it's Taemin oppa, but I can't be too sure .
Me : Would you be happy if it's Taemin ?
______ : Hmm .. mollah .
Me : Aiesh , liar .
______ : -she let out a slight scoff- Nae , I'd be happy if he's the one behind all of this .
Lucky you , it is .
Me : So , you like him ?

She didn't say anything but nod her head slowly while smiling. Aish this girl. It's not going to be easy, but I'll just support their relationship. Just like what they say.

"If you really love someone, you would want them to just be happy. Even if the person they choose to be with isn't you."

It'll be hard , and I may get hurt now. But this is just God's way of telling me it's not the right time yet for me to love . I'm at the point where I feel, like I could've done something to just take her away from Taemin and make her fall in love with me instead. And I could also make her as happy as Taemin could. But , I guess .. everything happens for a reason.

Right ?