Chapter 64.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 20/12/12


(Taemin's POV)
I had a few difficulites on trying to cook the chicken porridge. I got confused with the instructions, but I managed to pull through though.

After 20 minutes, yes I know I took a long time, I succeeded in cooking a pot of chicken porridge. Tasted pretty good if you asked me. Which .. no one asked. I walked out of the kitchen while carrying the pot , and placed it onto the table. She's fallen asleep again. Once I placed the pot down I went back to the kitchen to take out a ladle and a bowl with a spoon. I came back out and placed it on the dining table. I sat beside her. Her head was resting on her arms that was on the table. She must've been tired, I mean waking up every now and then. I laid my head down on the table just facing her. The moment she opened her eyes, I kept staring at her. Just watching her like that , made my heart flutter.

She murmured "You're done?". I nodded my head and she sat up properly. I scooped her some porridge into the bowl and fed her some porridge. At first she wouldn't let me feed her,but after a while of pouting and showing my cute side, she gave in. 

______ : This .. 
Me : Does it taste good ?
______ : How did you know how to make this ?
Me : Oh ? Mike hyung gave me the instructions and recipe .
______ : It's been ages since I've had this .
Me : Eh .. ?

Slowly a tear rolled down her cheek. I put down the bowl and just .. froze . "W-wae.. ?" I asked while looking at her as she pulled herself together.

______ : This recipe .. was my dad's . He used to make this all the time whenever I was sick. As a kid I loved this. 
Me : T-then .. ?
______ : Then I came to Korea , and I never really tasted this since. Maybe just once in a while whenever I'm sick. But whenever I eat this, it just brings back the warm feeling . And , I miss that . A lot . But taste wise , this was not bad. Lee. Taemin .

Is it weird that I love the way she calls my name ? The way she can say my name cutely , yet so mature. That really pulled me in. Slowly she grabbed the bowl and started to eat. I just realized she didn't really eat much this morning. And the fact I took so long to actually cook this. After she was done, she went to sleep.

I sat at the dining table just thinking , about the plans I'm going to do. Which I needed to call Nichkhun. I've never really had a serious conversation with him, but I wanted his help with this too. I checked the time and it was 5.08 p.m. I got his number from Minho, that was close to Taecyeon . Within seconds of beeping , he answered.

Nichkhun : Yoboseyo ?
Me : Nae , hyung ?
Nichkhun : Oh ? Who's this ?
Me : SHINee's maknae , Taemin-ah .
Nichkhun : Oh Taemin-ah ! Nae nae nae . 
Me : Hyung , I-I have a favor to ask .
Nichkhun : Nae .. bwo ?

After a long conversation with Nichkhun , he agreed. Everything was falling into place. I just have to try to make it right tomorrow. Just then there was a knock on the door and I opened it. It was Minho,Key,Onew and Jonghyun .

Me : Hyung ! Didn't you say you're coming back tomorrow morning ?
Minho : Plans changed !
Key : Let us in !
Me : YAH ! softly .. ! she's sleeping . 

I opened the grill door and they entered , to go straight to their rooms. After a while , when they settled down, I gathered them in my room. They were confused at first .

Key : And what are we doing here ?
Minho : To help our maknae .
Key & Onew & Jonghyun : Eh ?!
Jonghyun : Y-yah , I thought you didn't want our help ?
Me : Now I need it .
Onew : Assa ! What do we need to help with ?
Me : We're all going to get busy. You in ?
Everyone : NAE !

(Your POV)
When you opened your eyes, you realized it's morning. Somehow , you feel a lot better. Like everything , fever, body aches are gone. You sat up properly and rubbed your eyes. It was awkwardly quiet this morning. Maybe Taemin went back to his room to sleep or something. Since you're perfectly fine again, you still wonder how you could just sleep all the way through night and skipping dinner.

You went to the bathroom to wash up, and just freshen up. It felt really good just showering ,and feeling fresh. You went to dry your hair and after about 5 minutes you were done with everything. Since you still had another day break, you decided to stay home. Just as you tried to take your phone that was on the table yesterday , it was gone. It wasn't there. Instead you found a little note. You took it and read it .

"Good morning sunshine! Oh that sounded so cute. Didn't it ? ^^ Annyeong. I bet you're wondering where your phone is right now. Want to find it don't you ? Once you read this, you're in the game. I think you're smart enough to follow the rules right? You know like, a mission game? This is what it is! To get your phone, you have to follow the rules. Hwaiting!

Oh , next , go to the door. Get ready to get out!"

What the heck ? Who the he-

*flashback*
Taemin : Are you feeling better ?

You : Hmm .. I guess so .
Taemin : since you're feeling better, let's go out
Me : eh ?
Taemin : We'll stay home today, and make sure you fully recover and we go out tomorrow.
*flashback over*

Taemin. He's behind all this isn't he. Since he wants to play, you'll play along. You have nothing to do anyways. Plus mission games are fun. They're .. entertaining. You got up and walked to the door with your purse and keys in your pocket. When you opened the door another note fell down. You picked it up and opened it .

"I see you chosen to find your phone. Next stop ? To the supermarket !"

Why the supermarket ? But anyways you walked out of the door and headed towards the supermarket. When you entered the supermarket, cashiers and workers there were smiling at you. Though you had no idea why. Just as you walked pass by the second aisle , you see an Ahjumma. That looked quite familiar , as you walked closer to her, it finally hit you.

*flashback*
Ahjumma : Thank you , for saving me from that fire .
You : It's alright -grins-
Ahjumma : for a 12-year-old , you're pretty bold .
You : Yah . Is that bad ?
Ahjumma : Ani , that's really good . I'll never forget you .
You : Nado . 
Ahjumma : come visit me often , arraso ?
You : arraso .
*flashback over*

Ahjumma : ______ .. ?
You : Ahjumma !

You went up to her and gave her a tight hug. It's been 5 years since you've seen her and she hasn't changed a bit. Though you have a lot . She broke the hug and you sat down beside her.

Ahjumma : Yah .. ! Look how beautiful you've blossomed !
You : Yah ahjumma , am I a flower ?
Ahjumma : Aish chincha! You're still the same old you .
You : Ani , you said I blossomed !
Ahjumma : So how have you been ?
You : I've been good . How's business ?
Ahjumma : same old same old. I want to get out of here. 

After 10 minutes of just talking to her, you pretty much forgotten about the whole mission thing until she stopped talking and said "OH! ". You looked at her with a confused expression and she pulled out a note to pass it to you.

You : W-what is this ?
Ahjumma : You know. I have to get back to business !

The ahjumma just stood up and walked towards her working place to serve customers that need help with choosing the type of chicken parts they need. You just sat there dumbfounded. Coming to your senses you opened the note.

"Feel good meeting Ahjumma again ? I hope so! Next stop! Cafe !  "

You let out a soft "Aish chincha" as you got up from the chair. You walked out of the supermarket and towards the bakery across the street. You see a note on the window. You took it and opened it .

"I see you found the cafe! Now get in there and eat something. I know you haven't had breakfast ^^"

A slight smile formed upon your lips as you entered the cafe. The waitress led you to a table where there was another note on the pepper shaker. You took the note and opened it. 

"I hope you don't mind eating chocolate cake with mocha latte! "

Just as you finished reading the note, the waitress served you a chocolate cake with a mocha latte. Since Taemin(as you thought he's the one behind all this) ordered it, might as well you just eat it. Looking at the clock in the cafe, it was 10.35a.m. After eating it you put the notes in your pocket and got up to pay for it. As you reached the cashier , you told them what you had eaten and drank but he just smiled and passed you a note. Wondering what's wrong you opened the note .

"Jjang ! It's paid for! ^^ You didn't think I'd let you pay right? On to the next stop! Pet cafe!"

Aish , what does he actually have in mind ?