Chapter 55.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 16/12/12


(Taemin's POV)
While carrying her bridal style, her phone was in my hands. I just kept looking at her while walking. This poor girl. She didn't even tell me she was sick. I don't think we'll be able to help Max together. I think I'll help Max and his girlfriend alone. Just as I reached to the front door with ______ in my hands , Minho opened the door. He didn't even asked what happened . I think he knew about it. I laid her down on the sofa ,placed her phone on the table and touched her forehead. It was really hot, her temperature was rising up. I went to take a pail of water and a cloth. I placed it beside her . I dipped the cloth in the water and squeezed the excess water. Then I folded the cloth nicely and placed it on her forehead.

Babo-yah .. why didn't you tell me you were sick? Now I'm worried here for you. Silly girl.

I placed my hand on her cheek and caressed her cheeks gently. Just then her eyes slowly opened. She tilted her head to face me and murmured "oppa.." I held her hand tightly and told her "Don't worry, I'm here to take care of you. I'm not leaving your side." with a smile. She managed to form a smile on her face as she slowly closed her eyes. I feel the grip of her hand loosen so I let go of her hand to wash up. I remembered that I have to help Max hyung.

I got up and went to take whatever I needed to wash up and proceeded to the bathroom to wash up.

(Your POV)
Just then you opened your eyes and see Taemin is gone. You just remembered you have to help Max and his girlfriend. You removed the cloth from your head and felt that your temperature went down just a little. Which was better than nothing.

You reached for your phone and gave Max a call . He answered in just a few seconds .

Max : HEY ! So you guys ready ?
You : Oh ? Nae .. we're going now .
Max : great ! Thanks so much !

Just then you slipped your phone into your pocket and see a pail of water beside you. You tried to remember what happened and how you ended up back at the dorm. You tried so hard to remember but nothing rings a bell. You pushed yourself off the sofa to stand up. You felt really weak , your body aches for some reason. As though you couldn't walk properly. Even standing was a problem. Were you pushing yourself too hard ? You took a few steps, one step after another was getting harder and harder. And before you know it you were on the floor. You tried not to let out any sounds as you thought that maybe someone could hear you. Just then you see the bathroom door opened and you placed your hand over your mouth. Taemin stepped out of the bathroom washed up with a towel around his neck. He suddenly turned around and saw you on the floor. He ran towards you and lifted you up on his lap. "Yah ! What are you doing?!" He shouted as he lifted you up and laid you down on the sofa.

"I-I was trying to walk to-" You tried to explain but he hushed you and said "Don't worry, I'm going over to help Max by myself.".

You : Bu-
Taemin : No buts , you're staying here. Once I'm done I'll be back as soon as possible .
You : Geundae oppa.. don't you have plans .. ?
Taemin : I did , but I finished it extra early today. If I didn't finished it earlier , I wouldn't be here.

He gave you a pat on the head and told you to stay put. He also told you that the rest of the SHINee oppas isn't coming back today, as they had a schedule which needed them to stay over at another apartment. You wondered why only Taemin could be excused but he didn't explain why. Sooner or later , he left the dorm to meet up with Max's girlfriend.

You laid down on the sofa thinking , maybe you should try to wash up .

(Taemin's POV)
As soon as I left the dorm , I walked down to the sidewalk and see Max waiting in his taxi. I got in the taxi and told him it was just me going to see his girlfriend instead of bringing ______ along. He questioned why but I told him she fell sick all of the sudden. He told me to tell her to get better and drove off to his girlfriend's house.

The moment I reached there he said he'd wait outside for me. I walked up to the front door and knocked on the door. I could hear a woman shouting "The door's opened!" I opened the door and see a woman in a red dress with her hair laid down. I entered the house and closed the door. She turned to face me and said "So you must be Taemin, your name sounds familiar though!" with a smile. I nodded my head and said "I'm here on Max hyung's behalf" with a smile.

She leaded me to the living room where we both sat on the sofa. She introduced herself.

? : I'm Max's girlfriend , Anna .
Me : Nae , nice to meet you Anna-noona .
Anna : So .. how are you going to help me ?
Me : Maybe .. you could start off by telling me what's wrong ?
Anna : Ah , I see .. Alright it all started when.-

After 20 good minutes , she was done explaining to me how she felt and everything that Max did. It seemed like she saw him cheating with another girl. But how sure was she ? I asked her "Did you ask him about it?" . She shook her head and said "He should be able to tell me if he's cheating."

Hold on a minute, you never talked to him about it and you assume he's cheating ? How can there be a relationship if there's no trust ? of course these are just my thoughts. If I were to say this outloud I'd get slapped across my face. So I said "Maybe you could talk things out with him?" . She shook her head and denied my suggestion. I got up and walked out of the house. She was probably dumfounded. I went up to Max hyung and opened his car door on his side. His eyes widen on the actions I was doing but I pulled him out , slammed the door and dragged him into the house. Anna's eyes widen in shock , and so did Max's. I pushed both of them together and said "Max hyung , Anna thinks you're cheating on her with another lady. Anna noona , Max really loves you. Maybe if you two talk it out, it'll be alright".

Within 30 minutes , Max and Anna talked it out , and they sealed it with a kiss. That's when I knew everything was alright again. I sat down by the sofa and Anna wanted me to meet her younger sister that was around my age. Meeting her couldn't be that bad right?

Just then she called out her sister by saying "YAH! COME DOWN HERE!" . I heard a familiar voice shouting back "ALRIGHT!"

I turned my head to face the stairs as I saw a familiar looking girl coming down. Just as she reached down , she stared at me and I stared at her. She said "Taemin?" , then it hit me in the guts.

 

It was Haneul .

(Your POV)

You kept laying down on the sofa, you checked your phone and it was already 7.45 p.m. , frustrated that you were still sweaty , you pushed yourself to sit up. You thought , maybe Taemin will be taking a longer time to come back. So you tried to stand up. It was a little dizzy , but it was still bearable . You slowly walked towards your luggage to take out a pair of sleeping clothes. The moment you got the hold of the clothes you nearly collapse but you held onto the luggage bag tightly trying to stand up properly. Then you took your towel to proceed to the toilet. Slowly walking towards the bathroom you were using the wall as support. When you entered the bathroom , you closed the door and locked it.

You were feeling a little dizzy but you went to the sink to wash your face. You were feeling just a little bit better after that. You placed your clothes onto the toilet bowl lid and the towel by the sink. When you were done washing up, you wrapped the towel around your body when suddenly you slipped ,knocked your head by the sink and fell to the ground. You knew you fell because your back met the icy cold floor. You tried to get up but you couldn't. Tears were filling your eyes and your vision was getting blur . You tried as hard as you can to just keep your eyes opened but slowly it closed, and it was all black .