Chapter 61.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 18/12/12


(Your POV)
Your crush : H-how long have you been there ?
Taemin : I-I thought you were still sitting down on the bench.

You didn't say a word but instead just walked up to Taemin and cupped his cheeks. "_____-ah.." Taemin murmured but you cut him off as you kissed him. You can feel on his lips that he was shocked but slowly he joined the kiss. Taemin's lips tasted like chocolate mint from the ice cream he ate earlier. Every second during the kiss felt amazing as you can imagine the nightlights just surrounding the two of you eventhough it's broad daylight. Slowly you broke the kiss and leaned your forehead on his forehead. Of course you needed to tiptoe.

You : This .. this is enough for you to call me yours right ?

Taemin slowly nodded his head as a smile formed upon his lips. You turned around to face your crush. You walked closer and closer towards him until his back leaned against the wall. You leaned closer towards his face and he closed his eyes. That's when you knew he was expecting a kiss. You leaned away and took a step back. He slowly opened his eyes and said "You .. really don't want me back?".

You shook your head and gave him a smile. He pulled you in for a hug and of course , you hugged him back. You once had feelings for him. You weren't going to slap him or anything. Nor even hate him. It's not worth it. As much as you wanted to slap him or just hate him, he once made you happy.You his back as he buried his head onto your shoulder letting out silent tears. You slowly broke the hug and wiped off his tears as you cupped his cheeks.

You : It's the end for us , but it's not the end for you. Another girl out there , will be lucky enough to be yours.
Your crush : How .. how can you just let go of me so easily ? 
You : It wasn't easy. But this guy -you said while turning back to take a glance at Taemin- , he helped me through everything. And slowly I guess I fell in love. Someone will be there for you ______(your crush's name). And that's not me.

Your crush slowly nodded his head and he walked towards Taemin.

(Taemin's POV)
_____'s ex-crush : Don't ever let her go , you hear me ?
Me : Never .
_____'s ex-crush : I.. I wish the two of you the best.

Just then her crush left us walking away. Or correction , ex-crush. Just then she looked at me and formed a smile upon her lips. I walked towards her and carried her. Her arms wrapped around my neck as I carried her , walking back to the apartment .

Me : Are you feeling better ?
______ : Hmm .. I guess so .
Me : since you're feeling better, let's go out tomorrow .
______ : eh ?
Me : We'll stay home today, and make sure you fully recover and we go out tomorrow.

She smiled and nodded while we walked up to the apartment. I lay her down on the sofa . I sat beside her and let her lay her head on my lap. She was looking up to my face when I was just using my finger to slide it from her forehead to her nose and her lips. She just closed her eyes and went to sleep. I leaned down closer and kissed her on the forehead. Slowly I got up , letting her head rest on the pillow on the sofa.

I walked towards the kitchen to cook for her lunch, since it was nearing 12.30 p.m. anyways. I didn't realize time flies so fast. Again, I had to reach for the packet of ramen. Really screw Minho hyung for putting it on the highest shelf. I took the stool and placed it in front of the cabinet.

*flashback*

I jumped a little to reach it . The moment I got it I lost my balance and thought I was going to fall so I closed my eyes tightly. I realized I didn't fall and I opened my eyes . I turned behind and see ________ holding on to my waist . I just froze and got down from the stool . 

"Oppa , you should've been more careful " She said while fixing my shirt and took the ramen away from my hands.
_______ : but thank you for helping me reach the ramen -smiles-
Me : Oh .. no problem -rubs the back of my neck- 

*flashback over*

Without knowing a smile formed on my lips just thinking back of what happened a few months ago. ______'s room will be ready in about two weeks. No longer will she be needing to sleep on the sofa. I guess it must be pretty hard sleeping on the sofa all the time. Finally she'll have her own bed. I stepped on the stool and tried to reach again without jumping. Cause the last time I did, ______ was there to catch me. Now if I fall, I'm done and I'll injure myself. But I still couldn't reach it. Just then I felt arms snaking around my waist. I turned around slowly and see ______ hugging me from the back . "Reach for it oppa, I'll be here" she said while still being half-asleep.

I jumped a little and reached for it again. Yet again I lost my balance but ______ hugged me tight letting me to balance myself on the stool. She slowly unwrap her hands from my waist and walked back to the sofa to lay down.

I found that really cute. The way she can just do skinship with me naturally. I have a plan on how to ask her to be my girlfriend, but I'll need to discuss with the rest of the hyungs. From the kitchen while waiting for the water to boil, I was watching her. She was using her phone half way when slowly she put her phone down and fell asleep. I didn't realize where I was placing my hand and I placed it on the hot pot. I let out a soft shout which woke _____ up immediately. She sat up straight and walked towards the kitchen rubbing her eyes. I still didn't know what to do eventhough my hand was burning. She just pulled me closer to the sink and switched on the tap. I tried not to let out any noise but I couldn't. She said "Oppa , just let out the pain through screaming, it's okay" while getting the first aid kit. I kind of listened to her as I let out soft shouts with my mouth closed. She switched off the tap , wiped my hand gently with a cloth and pulled me out of the kitchen to apply some medicine.

She sat down beside me and within 2 minutes she was done with applying medicine and anything else needed. A little of my skin was peeling off but it didn't hurt that much. Before I could get up , she said "Stay here oppa. I'll take care of it."

I nodded my head slowly and listened to her. I didn't want to just disobey her and maybe make her a little more stressed than she is now. She was getting really stressed and I could feel it.

She went to the kitchen and within 10 minutes she came out with a pot of ramen and a set of bowl and chopsticks without saying a word. She went to lay down on the sofa to continue sleeping. I didn't even have the chance to tell her that I was actually trying to cook this for her. Of course I was hungry but my priority was her health today. I guess I just made it worse. I didn't eat, instead I went closer towards ______ that was laying down on the sofa. Her face was pale again. I placed my hand on her forehead, her temperature was rising. She was also sweating cold sweat. I went to the bathroom to get the piece of cloth with a pail of water. I dipped the cloth with water and squeezed the excess water to place on her head after folding it nicely. I took another cloth , made it damp with the pail of water and wipe her arms and her face. To try lower down her temperature. 

When I was done I walked towards the dining table to eat some ramen. About 30 minutes later I was done eating and there was still some ramen left so I left it there. I went to the kitchen to clean the bowl and chopsticks. When I was done, I gave a quick call to Mike Hyung .

Mike : Nae ?
Me : Hyung .
Mike : Oh , wae ?
Me : When ______ is sick , what does she usually eat ?
Mike : One thing for sure is she doesn't eat ramen, it makes her vomit. 
Great , I didn't know that . Nice going Taemin .
Me : Then what does she eat ?
Mike : She eats chicken porridge . 
Me : Is there a certain recipe for it ?
Mike : I'll come over to help you with it.
Me : chincha ? Gomawo hyung !
Mike : Don't be too happy I'm helping you that easily , it's because it's ______ we're talking about here.
Me : Nae , see you .
Mike : Mmm.

After that he hung up and I slipped my phone back into my pocket. I sat beside _______ as she was still deep asleep. She must've been really weak. Why did you stress yourself out ? Now I'm worrying so much for you. And I'm actually doing my best to make you feel better. It's my fault , I should've not suggest for us to walk under the rain. Just then there was a knock on the door. I walked towards the door and opened the door , expecting it was Mike-hyung. "Annyeong Hy-" my voice drifted off as I saw carefully who was at the doorstep .

"Haneul , what are you doing here ?"