Chapter 37.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on ; 08/12/12 . 


(Taemin's POV)

After Minho hyung gave me back my book , I just laid down on my bed pushing aside my book . Minho hyung just laid down on his bed and went to sleep . I had this feeling inside of me , but I didn't know what that feeling was . Words can't describe it. Like a part of me wants to go out there, and be with _______ . The other part is telling me to not do anything. I just went with my gut and walked out of my room . I closed the door gently and walked towards the living room . I grabbed a stool and sat beside _______ that was laying down on the sofa with her eyes closed . The more I look at her , the more she reminds me of Haneul. I leaned closer and closer towards her face . I closed my eyes and just gave her a peck on the cheek . The moment I opened my eyes , she was already looking at me with her wide open. 

"M-mianhae . I-I didn't know what came over me" I said while stuttering between my words . "G-gwenchana." she said while getting up and walking into the bathroom.  I didn't know what I was doing. I must've thought of Haneul when I did that. W-what was I doing?! I got up and walked back to my room . I laid down on my bed with my cheeks burning up . What was I feeling ? What am I thinking? How could I just do that to her? Before I could continue with my train of thought , Minho pounced on me and I sat up .

Me : YAH HYUNG !
Minho : Bwo bwo bwo ?
Me : Hyung ..
Minho : Yah , wae ireoni ? (why are you like this ?)
Me : I-I don't know what I did .
Minho : explain to me .
Me : Just now , I sat beside _____
Minho : And ..?
Me : I just , kissed her on the cheek .
Minho : bwo ?!
Me : Bu-
Minho : why did you do that for ?
Me : I-I think because , I was thinking of Haneul .
Minho : Yah . We kept pushing you towards _____ because we really think you two would suit each other well. I know you miss Haneul , but you can't do this to _____ . If you don't like _____ the way you like Haneul . Then I think you shouldn't be with ______, it'll only hurt her .
Me : I know ..
Minho : What if she develops feelings for you ? And the only reason why you're being like this to her is because she's reminding you of Haneul ? Then Taemin-ah , I think you shouldn't go for her .
Me : But hyung .. I miss Haneul a lot .
Minho : I know you miss her a lot . She's in another country with another boy , Taemin . It's been a few years now. It's time you gave her up.

After Minho said that , he got up and went to his bed to lay down.  I laid back down onto my bed . And just closed my eyes. Maybe , it's just time I let Haneul go ..

 

(Kris's POV)
After kissing her on the forehead , I quickly walked back to my room . Why on earth did I do that ?! I think it's because I just miss Haneul. She must be shocked right now . Aish ! I got back to the dorm and went into my room .  I laid down on the bed while giving out a heavy sigh . Luhan came and sat on the bed by my side and asked "Hyung , what's wrong?"

Me : I-I did something .
Luhan : Bwo ? What did you do ?
Me : I kissed , _______'s forehead .
Luhan : Do you like her ?
Me : I-I don't know .
Luhan : Are you , doing this because she reminds you of Haneul ?
Me : I really don't know .
Luhan : I don't think it's a good idea .
Me : What isn't a good idea ?
Luhan : you doing this to her .
Me : W-why ?
Luhan : She's just an innocent girl . I bet she doesn't even know who Haneul is. You're using her hyung, it's not good. What if she finds out that you're only doing this because she reminds you of your ex-girlfriend ?
Me : I guess .. you have a point.
Luhan : Until you fully let go of Haneul , I don't think you should show your emotions like this .
Me : What if I can't forget Haneul ?
Luhan : Then it's your choice . If you're going to hurt _______ , don't.

After Luhan said that , he walked out of the room . As much as I hate to admit it , I think Luhan's right. I-I can't think straight right now .

(Your POV)
What on Earth is going on ? Why is Kris oppa acting so weird ? Also , Taemin oppa is also acting a little strange. But somehow , your heart beats really fast whenever they two are around you . Aish , you can't be thinking this . You can't. You walked back to the sofa and laid back down on the sofa. You tried to sleep and sooner or later you did . You decided to try to avoid Taemin and Kris for the time being. You needed to focus on training . You did your normal routine as usual in the morning and headed to the SM Building. The moment you entered you went straight to the second floor using the stairs . When you reached the second floor,you walked towards the vocal room but there was no one. So you walked towards the dance practice room ,also, there was no one. Is today a day off? Before walking back to the vocal room, you came across a room. You heard voices inside the room. You opened the door slowly and saw SHINee except for Taemin and EXO except for Kris. You wanted to go in but you heard their conversation , which made you stood there and listen instead of going in.

Minho : What I'm saying is , I think they both might fall for ________ at the same time .
Kai : And what if they do ?
Key : How about we don't help them ?
Luhan : It's the only way we don't help. If we keep pushing either Kris or Taemin to ________ , we won't know if they love her for who she is or because she reminds them of Haneul .
Tao : But in the end , one of them will get heartbroken .
Suho : That's how they will learn . Broken hearts will make them stronger  .
Minho : Suho hyung has a point. They got their heart broken once but I'm sure, they'll get through it.
Lay : So the bottom line is , we don't do anything to help ?
Chen : How about we help ONLY when we are certain they want our help?
Jonghyun : Alright , we only help them when they ask us for help . Everyone agrees ?
You can see everyone nodding their head in agreement. 
Xiumin : So , are we dismissed ?
Onew : Yeah I think we're done discussing . 

Everyone got up and they saw you standing by the doorstep . Their eyes widen and they froze . "H-how long have you been there?" Minho asked while stuttering between his words. "Oh , I just opened the door because I heard noises." You said while trying to cover up the fact you've been standing there the whole time . "Did you hear anything?" Kai asked while looking at you . "Listen to what ?" You asked . "Oh , nothing." Kai added .

And just like that everyone pretended like nothing happened . Well damn straight you knew everything already. Today you went to the vocal room for vocal lessons with Joo-Unnie . The moment you got in , she was already waiting for you. Then she began practice as soon as you came in .

Vocal practice was normal, just trained on weaker areas that you need working on. At 12.30 p.m. , it was break time and this time Joo-Unnie didn't need to go anywhere so she stayed in the vocal room , and so did you. You never really go for breaks . You were leaning against the wall and looking at the ground . Just thinking . Who is Haneul? Is she someone important? Somehow you felt like you've been used. But you could also understand that Taemin and Kris have been through pain .

Just then Joo-Unnie said ,"Spill it all out kiddo."

You : Oh ?
Joo-Unnie : You heard me , what's bothering you ?
You : N-nothing .
Joo-Unnie : Aiesh -she said while walking towards you and sitting down beside you- , I know that look anywhere.Boy problems ?
You : N-nae ..
Joo-Unnie : c'mon , tell it to me . Yeon-Unnie isn't here to comfort you , so I should instead .
You : Unnie , is it okay if I don't mention names ?
Joo-Unnie : arraso , so tell me .
You : There's this oppa , we just met , and he kissed me on the forehead suddenly after some time. And there's this another oppa, we also just met , and all of the sudden he just kisses me on the cheek . Unnie,what does this mean?
Joo-Unnie : It can mean either they like you , or they just really like skinship. Though guys don't do these unless they have feelings for a person.
You : But Unnie , what if lets say for some reason ,I remind them of someone they used to like ?
Joo-Unnie : Then that's possible . They might find themselves attracted to you because you remind them of someone they used to love . It's painful for both you and that oppa. 
You : Unnie , why does it hurt for me ?
Joo-Unnie : Of course as a girl , you want to be loved because of who you are. Not because you remind them of someone they used to love . They are someone they USED to love for a reason. _______ , don't think about this so much. If either one of those oppa's really like you ? They will show more than just a kiss. Kisses mean nothing if the feelings aren't there.
You : Wah unnie .. how do you know so much ?
Joo-Unnie : Yah , I'm an Unnie for a reason. Kaja , let's practice !