Chapter 24.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on ; 03/12/12 . 


(Your POV)
Yeon-Unnie was explaining to you what's going to happen the whole day . Considering that it's your first time in training , she didn't plan much for you to do . You don't see why she needed to drive you anyways . SM Building isn't that far . It's a walking distance . Say , 2 kilometres ? Well you're used to walking so , getting a ride didn't seem much .

You : Unnie , couldn't I just walk to the SM building ?
Yeon-Unnie : Yah , Neo , michyeoseo ? (Are you crazy?)
You : A-ani ..
Yeon-Unnie : Since I'm your manager , it's only right I fetch you around ! -grins-
You : Ah.. but .
Yeon-Unnie : Yah , no buts . Once I really don't have time , you can start walking . arraso ?
You : Arraso .. so .. who is my vocal teacher ?
Yeon-Unnie : You'll see for yourself .

You two finally reached the SM Building , of course . There was traffic jam and whatnot . You'd rather just get out of the car and start sprinting . If you did that you'd be able to reach there faster . The moment you entered the building , f(x)'s Amber and Sulli was there . They were looking at you the moment you came in . Then Yeon-Unnie called them over .

Amber : Annyeonghaseyo . f(x)'s Amber inmida ! -bows-
Sulli : Annyeonghaseyo . f(x)'s Sulli inmida ! -bows-
You : Nae ,annyeonghaseyo , _________inmida . -bows-
Yeon-Unnie : You girls can try to get to know each other a little more while I call your vocal teacher .
You : Nae Unnie .
Sulli : You can just call us Unnie too ! 
Amber : Yah .. she's younger than us ?
You : Nae .. I'm 18 this year .
Amber : Wah , she's so young !
Sulli : So ! How is it like being with SHINee ?
You : Normal I guess .
Amber : Wah , you're not a SHAWOL ?
You : I'm not , my friends are .
Sulli : Ah .. do you know any of their songs ?
You : Uh .. not really .
Amber : How about f(x)'s songs ?
You : I know a few !
Sulli & Amber : Yah ..CHINCHA?!
You : Nae , uhm . Nu Abo ?
Sulli : Nae !
Amber : Do you know the song we recently released ?
You : Hmm .. Electric Shock ?
Sulli & Amber : Wah .. daebak ! 
Sulli : Now we can rub it into SHINee's face that she knows us better !
Amber : Yah .. let's do it later !

Sulli and Amber were really playful and joyful . Which made you smile a lot . After a while they had to leave and bid you goodbye . You sat at the sofa by the lobby waiting for Yeon-Unnie to get the vocal teacher .

 

(Sulli's POV)
Somehow , that new girl , _________ . By talking to her for such a short time , I could tell she's really sweet and nice. She reminds me of Taemin's ex-girlfriend . Am I the only one that thinks that way? Just then we had to leave , we bid her goodbye and I walked out with Amber .

Amber : Sulli-ah .
Sulli : Hmm ?
Amber : Doesn't that girl remind you of-
Sulli : Taemin's ex-yeojachingu ?
Amber : So I'm not the only one that thinks so ?
Sulli : Yah .. wouldn't it be nice if they got together ?
Amber : yeah .. it's been a long time . Taemin got really hurt back then .
Sulli : It's been 2 years , do you think he recovered ?
Amber : I hope he does , he's young and soft , but he's a fighter .
Sulli : True ! We're going to be late ! KAJA ! 

 

(Your POV)
Just then Yeon-Unnie was nowhere to be found . You just sat there tight and your phone vibrated . It's a message from Yeon-Unnie . 

To : ________ .

From : Yeon-Unnie

" _________ -ah ! Come up to the second floor ! Find the VOCAL ROOM . I'm here waiting ! ^^"

Aish chincha , couldn't she just come down for you ? You're not used to being here . But well , you can't complain. She's already really nice . You stood up and pressed  and waited for the elevator . After 2 minutes the elevator came down and you entered the elevator . The moment you got in , you pressed the second floor and the elevator door was closing . Just then you heard someone shouting "WAIT !" .

You pressed the  ► button . Which opened the elevator door again . He looked familiar but you didn't know where you've seen him . He thanked you and took off his cap . Still , it doesn't ring a bell who he is .

?   : Oh ! You're the new trainee right ?
You : Nae , annyeonghaseyo ______ inmida ! -bows-
?  : Ah .. ________ , that's a nice name . Annyeonghaseyo , EXO-M's Wu YiFan inmida ! But they call me Kris -bows-
You : Ah ..
Kris : You don't have to call me sunbae , call me oppa -winks-
You : Nae , Oppa .

Before Kris could say anything , the elevator reached the second floor and he was also about to go out . He realized you're getting out too , so he let you get out first .

Kris : So I'll see you around ?
You : nae oppa ! 
Kris : Annyeong , hwaiting !

After he said that , he walked away . Of course , you didn't know where he went . You're still new here and you don't know where are all the rooms . Just then you took out your phone and read the text once again . You turned left and right , because you didn't know which way to go . Suddenly you hear someone behind you saying "Are you lost ?" . You turn around and you saw someone that yet , looked familiar but you didn't know who he was . He had a sweet eye smile , and looked pretty young for his age as well . Well who are you kidding , you're pretty young as well . 

? : are you lost ?
You : Nae ? Oh .. nae .
? : Annyeonghaseyo . Exo K's Do Kyungsoo inmida ! But they call me D.O. -bows-
You : Oh . Annyeonghaseyo _______inmida ! -bows-
D.O. : So , where are you headed to ?
You : I'm heading to the Vocal Room .
D.O. : Ah  , first day at training ?
You : N-nae .
D.O. : don't be afraid of me. I won't bite .-grins- , come I'll take you there .
You : Kamsahamida -bows-
D.O. : Let's go !

He walked you to the vocal room and knocked on the door . You hear Yeon-Unnie's voice saying "come in!" , He opened the door for you and Yeon-Unnie thanked D.O. for leading you to the room .

You : Kamsahamida sunbae -bows-
D.O. : It's nothing , just something for my hoobae . Annyeong! hwaiting !

After he said that he closed the door and well , off to meeting with the rest of EXO . They're nice . In fact all of them are nice. But somehow you just want to be back in JYP , with 2PM , Wonder Girls and Miss A . Have they forgotten you ? That's what you were thinking . Am I betraying them ? That thought also came into your mind .

You walked towards Yeon-Unnie , and sat down beside her . 

Yeon-Unnie : Your vocal teacher , is coming in soon .
You : How old is she ?
Yeon-Unnie : She's older than me by 3 years .
You : And how old is Unnie ?
Yeon-Unnie : Try to take a guess ! 
You : Hmm .. 20 ?
Yeon-Unnie : Eyhhhh , gomawo ! But no .
You : Ah mollah . ( I don't know )
Yeon-Unnie : I'm 25 , I'm old right ? -pouts-
You : Ani , Unnie , you're still young .
Yeon-Unnie : Ai ! Gomawo !

Just then the door opened and a woman came in . She was well dressed ,yet so  simple . She was wearing a black dress right above the knee level .Sleeveless and had long brown wavy hair . Her eyes were big and bright . Somehow she looked like Yeon-Unnie . Just that the hair color is the different .

Yeon-Unnie : Yah , you're late !
? : I'm not late , you're just early .-grins-
Yeon-Unnie : Yah Unnie ! The trainee has been waiting ?

What ? Did she just call the vocal teacher her Unnie ? Are they sisters or not related ?

? : Annyeong ! Han Joo Hee inmida. 
You : Oh annyeonghaseyo ______inmida .
Han Joo Hee : I already know your name , my sister told me about you .
You : s-sister ?
Han Joo Hee : -turns to Yeon-Unnie- You didn't tell her ? Fine , I will . I'm Yeon Joo's older sister . I'm 28 , which means I'm three years older than her . A vocal teacher with 8 years of experience , Nice to meet you . let's get along well shall we ? -smiles-
You : Oh nae . but what do I call you ?
Han Joo Hee : Hmm .. what do you call my sister ?
You : Yeon-Unnie ..
Han Joo Hee : call me Joo-Unnie then .
You : Arraso , Joo-Unnie !
Yeon-Unnie : So you two will be alright by yourself right ?
You : I think so .
Joo-Unnie : No , you stay here .
Yeon-Unnie : Ah wae ?
Joo-Unnie : Where do you have to go ?
Yeon-Unnie : there is a meeting I have to attend !
Joo-Unnie : Then just leave , why make yourself sound so free ?
Yeon-Unnie : Aish chincha -looks at you- _______ , I'll try to fetch you after your practice , if I can't then I guess you'll have to walk back .
You : Nae Yeon-Unnie !

Then Yeon-Unnie left and Joo-Unnie was there with you alone . Instead of actually starting to practice singing , she sat down beside you and told you to tell her anything about yourself . You started off by telling her you got kicked out of JYP and what not . After that she listened carefully and told you to sing . You were nervous , but you got  a grip of yourself . You sang I'm Yours by Jason Mraz . Of course maybe the pitching wasn't right at certain points . But after you sang your song finished , you sat back beside her and looked at her . Slowly she smiled and turned to you .

"You sing with heart and emotion . You have potential . I watched your audition clip , and I loved it . Now I love your voice even more . We just need to fix the pitchings for your voice and train you  . In no time you can be on stage for your debut " Joo-Unnie said.

When she said that you just hugged her , and thanked her so much . She was in shock but she hugged you back. She broke the hug and asked what's wrong .

Joo-Unnie : Yah .. what's wrong ?
You : It's just , I've been waiting for this so long and I-
Joo-Unnie : Don't be afraid . JYP don't know what he's lost . You , are a rising star . You just have to start practicing and you'll be on stage in no time . This time , it's yours.
You : Gomawo Joo-Unnie , chincha gomawo .
Joo-Unnie : so let's start practicing shall we ?
You : Nae !