Chapter 58.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 17/12/12


(Taemin's POV)
"B-bwo ?" I said while looking at her . "Aish , oppa.." She said with a slight pout. 

Me : I didn't .. hear you properly. One more time . Just one more time ?
______ : Na . do . neol . jo . a . hae . ( I . like.  you . too )

I leaned closer towards her and just hugged her tightly. My heart was beating really fast and I didn't know what was going on, but I felt like I was on top of the world. Just then I hear her saying "o-oppa" I realized that I was squeezing her too tight and she was still in pain. I let go of her and she took a deep breath. I stared into her eyes and she stared back at me. 

Me : You heard everything I said ?
She nodded her head slowly and grinned . Aish .. even when she's hurting she still can manage to force out a smile. I was about to say something when she spoke .

______ : when , did you meet Haneul ?
Me : Oh ?
______ : You .. you said you met Haneul today ..?
Me : Oh nae .
______ : How ..? 
Me : When I helped Max hyung today .

"Omo I forgot ! " she said trying to get up and reach for her phone. I pinned her back down to the sofa. And her eyes widen as I did that. Even I was shocked I did that. Slowly I let go of her wrist and said "It's alright .. I took care of it." She nodded her head slowly and sat back up facing me.

______ : W-what did you do when you saw Haneul ?
Me : I told her , she means nothing to me anymore.
______ : G-geundae .. what happened to your jaw ? -she said as her touched my jaw with her fingers-

I held her hand and said "It's nothing , really ". She gave my hand a slight squeeze and gave a pout. 

Me : Arraso arraso . Someone punched me as he saw what Haneul did to me and what I did to Haneul .

(Your POV)
Taemin : Arraso arraso . Someone punched me as he saw what Haneul did to me and what I did to Haneul .

What .. did he do to Haneul ? And what did Haneul do to him ? You gathered some courage and asked "So.. what did Haneul do to you ? "

Taemin : she .. she kissed me .
You : b-bwo ?
Taemin : but she caught me off guard ! 
You : she kissed you once ?
Taemin : A-ani .. 
You : T-then ?
Taemin : She .. she did it twice .

You looked down avoiding Taemin's eyes. Well it's true he didn't like her anymore , and that he likes you now. But the fact that he just let Haneul do that. Maybe he wasn't ready to move on just yet. You pulled your hand slowly away from Taemin's hand. You could feel he was going to say something , you knew that wasn't the only thing. There was more. And in the first place , Haneul kissed Taemin , twice . But what does that have to do with him getting injured at the jaw? You tried to change the topic and asked "B-but how did you injure your jaw?" .

Taemin : Kris hyung .. 
You : He punched you ? -you said while looking into Taemin's eyes-
Taemin : N-nae .
You : Waeyo ?!
Taemin : B-because he saw everything .
You : He was mad that Haneul kissed you ?
Taemin : A-ani .. 
You : Then .. ?
Taemin : He was mad because , I walked back towards her and kissed her.

That just made your heart drop. He liked you , but he kissed Haneul ? That's when you felt , he really isn't ready to give Haneul up. You looked into Taemin's eyes and he was going to say something but you shook your head and his eyes widen. "I-I can ex-" he stopped talking the moment you tried to move . "Yah ! What are you doin-" He tried to continue his sentence but he kept on stopping the moment you made a move. You lifted your hands and placed it on Taemin's shoulders. It was really hurting your arms but you pulled it together. "Stop moving ! You're hurtin-" you cut him off by saying "Oppa .."

He kept quiet and focused on what you were about to say .

"Maybe .. you're still unsure of your feelings.. You may still like Haneul . And if you have a chance with her then why don't you just take it and forget this all ever happe-"

Taemin cut you off with a kiss as he cupped your cheeks. You were taken by surprised but slowly you closed your eyes and joined the kiss. The kiss was deeper and deeper as you felt his lips pressing onto yours. His lips were soft , delicate and sweet. Slowly he broke the kiss and he slowly removed your hands on his arms. He cupped your cheeks again and leaned his forehead onto yours .

Taemin : That was what I was trying to prove .
You : O-oh ?
Taemin : I kissed her , to show her that a kiss with her meant nothing. A kiss with you ? I could feel every ounce of my heart just melting when my lips touched yours .

You blinked your eyes a few times as your cheeks were burning up. He gave you a kiss on the forehead and walked to his room.

You sat down there , dumbfounded . Like you were trying to process everything that just happened. You touched your lips and just realized everything that happened , really happened. And Taemin does like you, geniunely , likes you. You snapped out of it the moment he walked back and smiled at you.

(Taemin's POV)
I walked to my room to open the door wide open and push aside the blanket on my bed. I walked out of the living room and see ______ still looking at me with a confused face. I walked closer towards her and lifted her up.

______ : oppa ..!
Me : Don't worry , you're safe with me .
______ : w-where are you taking me ?
I walked towards my room and laid her down on my bed . I walked out of the room to grab my phone and her phone to bring it into my room. When I entered my room she was just laying on my bed while I closed the door.

______ : why am I laying here instead of the sofa ?
Me : Because you'll be comfortable here .
______ : I-I'm confused .
Me : don't be. 
______ : Oppa .. as in , I don't know .. what's going on . between us .

I walked towards the bed and lay down beside her. Her eyes widen but somehow she didn't push me away. I put my arm around her letting her use my arm as a pillow. I looked at her and said "I like you , and you like me. That's what's going on between us" . She looked down and I could see her blushing. Slowly I pulled her closer towards me and she fell asleep. I couldn't fall asleep. How could I fall asleep at a moment like this ? I'm still pretty much shocked the fact that I just kissed her like that. Felt like an electric current running through my body at that moment. I just kept staring at her face. Her lips , her eyes , her soft cheeks .I got tempted wanting to kiss her lips again but she's sleeping. She'd wake up if I did that. Just then her arms slowly wrapped around my waist. I think she must be deep asleep and just hugged whatever was around her. I placed my other hand on her waist and pulled her a little bit more closer. I gave her one last kiss on her forehead and closed my eyes .