Chapter 72.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 27/12/12


(Your POV)
You kept staring at the phone wallpaper when suddenly someone snatched the phone away from you. You looked up and it was Taemin. 

Taemin : W-what are you doing ?
You : N-nothing I just wanted to see the time .
Taemin : Did you see the wallpaper ?
You : Ani .

Taemin let out a relieved sigh and said "So where to now?" You looked around and didn't really feel like walking around anymore. Before you could say anything Taemin said "Let's go home."

You : You said the words right out of my mouth.
Taemin : Kaja !

The two of you got in a taxi and reached home. The rest of the SHINee oppas were out. Not knowing where they went, you left your phone on the dining table.

(Taemin's POV)
She placed her phone on the dining table and walked into the kitchen. I closed the door and sat by the dining table just waiting for her to come out. She came out and sat opposite me . 

_____ : Oppa , pass me your phone .
Me : Waeyo ?
_____ : Just give it .
Me : Andwae.

She showed me her tongue while taking out her phone and I didn't know what she was doing but then she placed her phone back down on the dining table and went back to the kitchen. I looked at her through the glass wall and she smiled at me. I smiled back at her, but I was just wondering what did she do with her phone? Just then her phone vibrated and she shouted "Oh ! The alarm sounded! Now I can make coffee."

Ah , she set an alarm to give a specific time for the water to boil. That's pretty weird. Just then her phone vibrated again, seems like there was a second alarm. "Oppa ! Can you off the alarm for me?" She shouted through the glass window. I nodded my head and reached for her phone. Just as I turned off the alarm I see her wallpaper . It was a photo of me, a few months back .

*Flashback*

She took out her phone and snapped a photo of me. 

Me : Yah , how can you take a photo of me like this ?
_____ : Now we're even !
*Flashback over*

I looked at her through the glass wall and she was already looking at me. She mouth the words, "You don't have to feel insecure now" Just then I realized , she purposely set that alarm to let me see her wallpaper. 

(Your POV)
That was the whole point. For Taemin to see that you were also using the photo you took of him as the wallpaper. (You started to use it the moment you had feelings for him) You knew that he felt insecure using your photo as you thought that maybe he was thinking he was the only one. But he wasn't. So you set two alarms. One to really set when the water is boiling which was a fat lie and the other for him to turn it off. Just when the first alarm went off, it turned off by itself. But the second one requires someone to off it. So when the second one rang, you told Taemin to off it. Through the glass wall you were looking at him and his eyes widen just staring at your phone. You knew he saw the wallpaper. He looked at you and you mouth the words "You don't have to feel insecure now".

He smiled and looked down at the phone. Then he took out his phone and put the phones together to see the wallpaper beside one another. He was smiling to himself.

You made two cups of coffee with the boiled water and brought out the two cups. You placed one cup in front of Taemin and one in front of you. He said thank you but didn't even drink his coffee, he was just staring at you drinking yours.

After taking a sip you put the cup down and stared back at him.

You : Yah .. I'm not pretty ,you should really drink your coffee before it gets cold .
Taemin : Bwo ?! Not pretty ? Yeah right .
You : Yeah , I'm right . -shows tongue -
Taemin : Since when ..?
You : Since when I used the photo ?
Taemin : Mmm .
You : It's a secret .
Taemin : Aish chincha .

Taemin got up ,took his phone and knelt down beside you. You turned to face him and he snapped a photo of you. "Yah!" You said while reaching for your phone. Just as you reach for your phone you turned and his lips met yours. While kissing he took a photo of the two of you. Even when the photo was taken he still didn't break the kiss. Slowly your arms s around Taemin's neck as your legs wrap around his waist. The two of you break the kiss, to get some air, before you could even take a deep breath, Taemin pressed his lips onto yours just as you got a little air. He lifted you up, by holding onto your thighs and carried you to your room. He laid you down and laid down beside you. Both of you just panting from the kiss. Taemin, that was still holding his phone, took his phone and took yours away from you. You had no idea what he was doing, You leaned on his chest and he was changing your lock screen. He cropped himself out from the photo of the two of you kissing and set as the lock screen. For his he cropped you out of the photo and set it at his lockscreen.

"Oppa what ar-" you asked but your voice trailed off when he placed the two phones together with the screen locked.

As he placed the two phones together, the photo was completed. It's like, a couple wallpaper? The picture on his phone was completing yours and vice versa .


(This is an example of what I mean , to those who don't get it . :) cause it's hard describing it. 

Photobucket


(Your POV)
A few weeks have passed by , you and Taemin have been extremely busy. He's been busy with all the promoting and you were busy getting prepared for your debut. Everything was ready, but that you need to keep practicing everyday to make it perfect.

Your relationship with Taemin was still going strong. Though nowadays he'd just chill in your room and sometimes sleep in your room instead of sleeping with Minho. The two of you avoided going out for the time being. It was a Thursday and tomorrow is your debut date. Tomorrow you're appearing on Music Bank , and Inkigayo. Your debut song was released a week ago and it hit the top 100-K-charts already. It really shocked you as you never thought it'll get that much publicity. Around last week just a few days after your song was released , your song was playing in the supermarket. Your album already sold more than 100,000 copies in Korea, Japan and China.

The MV for your debut song, "Let it be". The storyline sort of suited the song. The song was about a girl not being able to live up to the expectations of the guy she liked. In the end the guy had another girlfriend and this girl just has to let it be and accept the fact he wants another girl. The whole concept of the song is to let other people realize that they don't have to change themselves just for someone else because one day a person will love you for not changing at all.

You were in the SM building at the dance practice room, just practicing the dance one more time before you rest, then it's vocal practices with Joo-Unnie .

After the last practice you leaned against the wall with Mike. 

Mike : Yah , you'll be fine . Don't worry about anything .
You : How sure are you ?
Mike : You've been practicing for a few months now. It'll be perfect.

When Mike said that, EXO entered the room and surrounded you and Mike. In unison all of them said "HWAITING!" You thanked them and told them you had to leave to meet Joo-Unnie. Even though you had an hour break, you didn't really want to eat anything other than just drinking water. Instead of meeting Joo-Unnie , you walked out to the garden, and sat by the fountain. Your phone vibrated and it was your bestfriend .

Your bestfriend : HEY GIRLFRIEND!
You : Hey ~
Your bestfriend : So your debut performance is tomorrow isn't it ?
You : So it seems.