Chapter 70.

Letting Go, To Hold On

published on 25/12/12

A/N : ON MY DEFENSE, I have no idea how people work Tarot cards, but I do know that they roughly can tell the future or your feelings. So, this is all ficiontal :p


(Your POV)

You just sat down beside Taemin while the lady smiled at you. Just then she shuffled her deck of cards and laid all of them on the table.

You : O-oppa , how do you know this is real ?
Taemin : I don't know , hyungs told me she's really good.
Lady : You don't believe me? Alright. The two of you , place a finger on one card .

You placed your finger on one card and Taemin placed his finger on one. She took two of the cards and showed them to the two of you. You had no idea what it meant but then she said ,

" The relationship between the two of you , is .. the two of you just recently got together as a couple , am I right?"

You and Taemin exchanged glances and looked back at the lady , and nodded your head slowly . 

Lady : Do you trust me now ?
You & Taemin : N-nae ..
You : H-how long have you been doing this ?
Lady  : say , 25 years ?
You : Wah ..
Taemin : And the people you read the tarot cards for , were they satisfied ?
Lady : They never come back to complain, so I guess it worked well .
You : Ah .. 
Lady : Now I'm going to tell the two of you , the feeling you have now, what you want , what you're going for, and what's going to happen in the near future .

You and Taemin nodded your head and she asked "Who first?" You pointed at Taemin and he nodded his head.

The lady shuffled the cards and placed them faced down. She told Taemin to pull out 5 cards and placed them in order. After a while Taemin was done and she removed the rest of the cards. Slowly she opened one by one and a smile formed on her face.

She looked at Taemin and said "What you're feeling now, you're feeling extremely happy. That's all. There's no other feeling to what you're feeling now other than happiness. Moving on to what you want, you want true love and success. What you're going for , you're not going for anything at the moment. You're just living life to wherever it takes you. Lastly , what's going to happen in the near future .. there will be tears. That's all I can interpret. But sooner or later it will fall into place."

Taemin blinked his eyes a few times as he was shocked to hear what she said. Then he cleared his throat and said "m-move on to her."

The lady had a smirk on her face and shuffled the cards again. She placed the cards faced down in front of you and you already knew the procedure.

You pulled out 5 cards and placed them in order. There was one or two cards that was the same like Taemin's .

"Ah .. you have a few similarities like this boy here. What you're feeling right now, you're tired . Just tired. In a few aspects. Tired physically , and tired from trying to please everyone but you're holding it all in. You're also afraid of hurting people so what's why you're holding back, but in the end, you hurt yourself. Next , you also want true love and success. What you're going for is success. You're , in some kind of field where you're going to achieve something soon. Lastly , you have the same card like this boy just now. There will be tears , but sooner or later , it will all fall into place."

You were stunned. She was true about , practically everything. Except the last one, there will be tears ? Sooner or later it will all fall into place ? What did she mean by that ? Taemin paid her and thanked her. He held onto your hand and pulled you out of the tent. The two of you walked by the sidewalk , not knowing where you were walking. The walk to wherever was quiet. No one talked , or said anything.

(Taemin's POV)
Tears ? Fall into place ? What was going on? Was something going to happen between me and _____? Slowly she broke the silence and said "Y-yah ! Where are we going ?" , I replied her with a slight "oh?"
______ : we're walking and walking , but where are going ?

I didn't answer her instead I said "D-did what she say to you , make sense ?"
______ : Eh ?
Me : What she said about you , and everything. Was it true ?
______ : Aiesh oppa ! You can never believe things like this. What matters now is you're happy. And I'm happy. Together we're happy. Isn't that what matters ?
Me : I guess .. that's true .
______ : Of course it is ! -grins- Now where to ?
Me : Hmm .. how about ice skating ? There's a skating rink up ahead .
______ : Kaja !

She linked her arm with mine and skipped her way to the skating rink while dragging me.

I guess what she said made sense. Maybe I was just thinking too much , but why do I feel like , what the lady predicted and interpretted , was true ?

I didn't think too much about it and just enjoyed my time out with her. Ice skating. There were people staring at us, as they recognized me as SHINee's maknae, but I told them that I'm not SHINee's maknae, I'm just Taemin. Of course I just gave them autographs. ______ didn't mind as she was just skating around , looks like she has experience in skating. She didn't even look my way when all the fangirls were asking for autographs. 

(Your POV)
Of course , you were skating around by yourself. There were fans of Taemin wanting his autograph. So you gave him some space. Just then you feel someone's arms snaking around you waist. You stopped skating and turned around , it was Taemin. He rested his chin on your shoulder and said "Mianhae" . You were just standing there with his arms still wrapped around your waist. "What are you talking about?" while trying to push away his arms but he didn't let go .

Taemin : That you have to skate around on your own while these fangirls are after me .
You : Pft , you don't have to apologize .
Taemin : But I want to .
You : What if I don't accept your apology ?
Taemin : I'll do this .

He turned you around by your waist and pulled you closer. You can hear gasps from fangirls watching . "Oppa , I don't think it's a good idea"

He leaned closer towards your face and said "What is ?" , "The .. people .. watchi-" he cut you off as he pressed his lips onto yours. You can hear squeals from fangirls and people were snapping photos. He bit your lip causing you to smile during the kiss,  and not really care about the other fangirls. Slowly he broke the kiss and leaned his forehead onto yours , staring into your eyes.

Taemin : Just remember , I'm yours . And you're mine. What other people say or think , doesn't matter.
You : Geundae , wouldn't SM , have a problem with this ?
Taemin : To be honest, SM told me to get a girlfriend. So that people would get rid of the concept of me getting treated like a small kid all the time. He was fine when I told him Haneul was my girlfriend.
You : Ah .. 
Taemin : But of course , she means nothing now.

He pecked your lips and leaned away holding your hand to skate around. After a while of skating , the two of you decided to sit at the bench, still wearing the skating shoes. 

(Taemin's POV)
Just then my phone vibrated , I took out my phone and see it's a call from SM . Honestly , damn. Did the fangirls just upload them online? I answered the call , preparing myself to get a hell load of screamings and shoutings but then the first thing he said was "CONGRATULATIONS!"
Me : Eh ? 
SM : Those fangirls uploaded the pictures online. The moment they were published I saw them.
Me : I can expla-
SM : You don't have to . I gave you permission to have a girlfriend . I just didn't think that it'll be ______ .
Me : N-nae , kamsahamida president .
SM : So how would you like to feature in her debut album ?
Me : EH ?!
SM : Yeah , maybe perform with her during her debut as well ? As her dance partner , of course. Duet will be planned some time after .
Me : Are you serious ?
SM : Why ? You don't want it ? I'll ask Minho then.
Me : Ani ani ani , I want to . I'd love to .
SM : Alright , maybe you two can write a song together. Considering _______ has good composing skills. 
Me : Nae , kamsahamida president !
SM : Just one more condition .
Me : Oh ?
SM : Don't kiss like that again in public especially when there are a lot of people. Who knows what people might think watching the two of you kiss each other like that.
Me : N-nae , president .

Just as I got off the phone , _______ was already staring at me. "W-what did he say ?" I looked down to the ground and said "He wants us to break up" . "B-bwo ?" she said while stuttering . I turned to face her and cupped her cheeks "I'm just kidding ." She pushed away my hands and said "Yah , Lee Taemin."

Me : Bwo ? _______ ?
_______ : Don't trick me like that again !
Me : But he told us not to kiss like that again .
_______ : Well who was the one kissed me first ?
Me : Lee Taemin .
_______ : Exactly .
Me : There's more good news though .
_______ : Eh ?
Me : He wants us to do a duet , and probably making me as your dance partner during your debut.
_______ : C-chincha ?!
Me : Hmm .
_______ : Are you taking up the offer ?
Me : of course ! If I don't Minho will be doing it with you.
_______ : Aish , why did you take up the offer .
Me : Bwo ?! You want Minho instead of me ?!
_______ : Hmm ..
Me : Yah _______ !

She cupped my cheeks and said "I'm joking , Oppa ".


A/N : Hey guys ! So firstly ,

MERRY CHRISTMAS !

Secondly , I'm starting another fanfic. This is a KAI x READER fanfic. Where if you're interested you can click here .

Lastly , hope you enjoyed this chapter ~