Chapter 70.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

 

Thankfully, L did nothing with Hee Young last night and she was able to wake up early for her fanmeet this morning. After getting prepared, she walked out of the room she shared with L to the kitchen. Jessica was already up like usual and sitting on the dining table, was no other than Sungyeol. After talking more with L last night, she learnt that the limo they took yesterday was Woohyun's and that Sungyeol was staying with L. Walking towards the table to grab a glass of water, she took a seat next to Sungyeol.

"Morning." She greeted lazily.

"Finally awake? Thought you'd never make it for the fanmeet." Sungyeol laughed.

"Obviously, you don't know me enough. I, as Hee Young's manager, will never let her be late for the fanmeet. Duhh~" Jessica said as she moved four omelettes into a plate and set it down on a table. "Where's your prince charmining?" Jessica asked when she saw an empty seat.

"Sleeping. Let him, I guess he's tired." Hee Young waved it off and started to eat.

"Tired? I don't think so. Ever since I came back from the States, all I see him do was just going out to meet Infinite and then coming home to do the housechores." Sungyeol scoffed.

"If Hee Young says he's tired, you don't have to say anything more." Jessica scolded him while pointing her fork at him.

"Fine." Sungyeol mumbled and he muttered something under his breath later that was almost inaudible.

And so, the three ate without L and Jessica left the house along with Hee Young to the venue of the fanmeet. Not wanting to be recognised on the streets, they took a cab over. Once at the venue, they got off the cab and took a doubletake at the crowd. It was packed with so many people and reporters that they were queuing to get in. With hasty steps, Jessica quickly dragged Hee Young to the backdoor.

"Did you see that?!" Jessica asked in disbelief when they were in the building.

"It's Hee Young you're talking to~ No, but seriously I can't believe this!" Hee Young squealed.

"They're here." A security guard talked into his walkie talkie and led them to the front.

"I'm nervous." Hee Young told Jessica as she took the latter's hands.

"Don't be. You will be fine. Be the confident Hee Young! You've practiced this many times over in the States. Now's the real thing so keep calm and be yourself. Hwaiting!" Jessica cheered her on.

"Hwaiting." Hee Young fist pumped the air.

"In 3, 2, go!" The security told Hee Young and opened the curtains.

At once, Hee Young was blinded with the many lights flashing in her eyes. They were so bright and glaring but yet, she loved it. Not because she was being arrogant or because she loved the attention, it's because all these came with her hard work and it showed just how many were supporting her. She walked over to the centre of the stage, bowed and took her seat. She smiled brightly at all the reporters and fans sitting in the crowd.

She took the mic and spoke, "Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Baek Hee Young, the author of 'Reality'! It's really nice to meet you all here, those that supported me by purchasing my works." She greeted. The lights from cameras were still flashing but it wasn't as glaring as before.

Very soon, she was answering questions asked by the reporters and she answered all of them with honest answers and a smile all the time. The few questions that she expected reporters to asked were all mentioned but a few she did not expect to be asked, were asked.

"So, Hee Young-ssi, I heard that you were the girl that was in the papers two years ago with L, the son of Infinite's CEO. In a certain part of your story around the back, it was almost the same too. What's the connection?" One reporter asked.

Confidently with a bright smile, she answered, "I'm going to be very honest. I don't wish to lie because it will just make people think otherwise. 'Reality', is based on a true story of mine. And yes, the man in the book is L."

Whispers and mutterings went around the room after and Jessica was biting on her thumbnail nervously. It seemed everyone was shocked.

"So why did you write your own story? As we know now, the girl in the story had no education until she left the man. So, it means you don't have another career besides an author now."

"I started writing my own life story to keep it for myself to remember in future. I originally wanted to become a business woman when I went over to New York to study. However, while I was there, my lecturers said I had the potential to become a author. So I thought to myself, 'Why not give it a try?' And so, I started to think of ideas to write a story. I couldn't think of any no matter how hard I tried to, the only thing I could think of, was my diary. I took it out and read through the things I had gone through before deciding to write it out and publishing it as a book. I wanted to be famous, to be rich, to be recognised in order to fit in to the elites, I wanted to become one so I could be with L. I used the money L's father gave me to publish my own books and I wanted it to be a success, which it did. I was so happy when I heard that my books had sold a total of 40,000 copies in a month which I had not expected to be honest although I want to be successful.

However, my goals of publishing a book has changed after I met with L yesterday. He isn't rich like he used to be but it's okay with me because I love him for who he is, not what he is. I thought to myself then, 'Why did I try so hard to fit into his world and everything just end up this way?' After all, I did want to become recognised so I could be with L with his father's approval. Why did everything ended up being so easy when I worked so hard for it? I don't regret anything though. Life's a challenge with many obstacles in the way. If you can't get past one, you will never get past the other. Trying so hard to fit into his world was a stupid action of mine but thinking about it, if I did not try, I will never be where I am, I will never be able to meet those new amazing friends of mine much less learning about life. It took a lot of effort for me to be able to study and remember everything since I haven't been studying for so long. Everything I initially thought I was doing for him, was actually for myself. I did it to build my career and look where I am now, I get to meet my fans, these gorgeous beings.

The reason I named it 'Reality', was because I wanted people to know, although things might be hard for you but as long as you believe and as long as you work hard, you will be able to achieve what you want. If people don't accept you for who you are and looks down on you, prove to them that you're not all that little. Also, I hope with this book, arranged marriage with unhappy parties will be stopped. Putting two people that aren't in love together won't have a happy outcome. Give common people a chance, it doesn't mean that because they aren't elites, they are not fit to be with your child. I hope the governments will be able to look more into this matter." Hee Young finished and everyone in the room applauded. Jessica who was at the back, was crying tears of joy at her speech and applauded loudly.

"One more question, everyone is curious as to why you left the back unknown, there's no ending to it, it isn't complete, why so?"

"That's a good question. I left it this way so you guys could see how me and L end up being. Our ending will be the ending for the story. If you guys want a happy ending, I should marry L, right?" The crowd chuckled and nodded their heads.

"Okay now, let's take a short break and the fansign will be commenced after." The MC announced and Hee Young got up from her seat, running off to the back.

When she reached the back, she hugged Jessica who was sobbing right now and pulled away. "How did I do? God! I WAS SO NERVOUS!" Hee Young sighed.

"Good won't be able to describe how well you did! DAMN!" Jessica cried out and sobbed louder.

"Why are you crying?!" Hee Young panicked.

"You were so amazing!" Jessica told Hee Young.

Break was over and Hee Young went back up to have the fansign. She beamed at every fan that went up to her and thanked them.

"Unnie! You're so cool! You're my idol now!" One girl said and Hee Young chuckled.

"Hmm.. Unnie is a great student in University so you should be too, okay?" Hee Young asked and the girl nodded. Hee Young then signed the book for her and that girl went off later.

It was about half an hour now and the line was only left with two more fans. She was expecting a book but what came to her was a piece of paper. Shocked and confused, she looked up to see L's father there.

Her eyes widened and she gasped. "Aren't you going to sign it for me?" He asked but she didn't reply. "If you don't the fan behind won't be able to get your autograph too."

Quickly, she took her marker and opened the cap. L's father pointed to a certain spot and told her to sign above the line. She quickly signed it and L's father smirked.

"Thank you." He thanked and went off.

After signing her autograph for the last fan, everything ended and Jessica went home with Hee Young. When Hee Young opened the front door, party poppers popped and she screamed. The Infinite boys laughed hysterically and high-fived one another. Tiffany was just behind, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Poor Hee Young, she must have been frightened because you idiots." Tiffany said and walked over to Hee Young, her right arm going over Hee Young's shoulders.

"Tch, mood spoiler." The boys mumbled.

Hee Young gasped when she saw Tiffany walking over. "Unnie! Y-you're walking!"

"Of course I am! I RECOVERED TODAY!" Tiffany screamed and Jessica went to hug her.

"That's why, we're celebrating today! It's two occasions in one day! Hee Young had her fanmeet and you're recovered!" Sungyeol chirped.

"Did you wish I'd never recovered?" Tiffany gaped at Sungyeol.

"What?! Really?!" Woohyun glared at Sungyeol.

"I think so too. You better be careful, I think he has desires for Tiffany too. I mean, have you seen his eyes?! They're twinkling everytime he looks at her!" Jessica butted in.

"You!" Woohyun pointed at him.

"Victim here! I'm innocent!" Sungyeol protested.

"Hmm.. he does seems like he has someone he likes." Hee Young said thoughtfully and glanced at Jessica. However, Woohyun thought she was glancing at Tiffany and he was angered over the thought of another man liking his girl.

"LEE SUNGYEOL!" Woohyun shouted and chased the running Sungyeol.

"Help!" Sungyeol called and the other members except L went to help.

"You girls are devils, I swear! How did you guys become BFFs so fast anyway?!" Sunggyu asked and the girls grinned.

"That's because we're all mature women with mature mindsets, not like you guys!" Tiffany stuck her tongue out and L chuckled.

"HYUNG!" Sungyeol called for Sunggyu.

"Coming!" Sunggyu replied and went off.

"Yah! Calm down Woohyun!" Dongwoo pulled Woohyun away.

"Poor Hyung.." Sungjong said.

"You need to calm down, Hyung." Hoya said calmly.

***

L pulled Hee Young over by the waist and looked down at her. "How did the fanmeet go? Did any guys tried to pick you up?"

"It went well, I think. And no, because they all know that I belong to Kim Myungsoo now."

"Aigoo, cheesy aren't you!" L pinched Hee Young's nose.

"Awww!" Jessica and Tiffany hugged one another and made smooching sounds. "Gotta leave this area before I get a toothache, it's too sweet!" Tiffany winked and Jessica followed.

"I saw someone though."

"Who?"

"Your father."

L's eyes widened at the mention of his father. "What did he do?"

"Nothing, he just wanted me to sign a paper. You don't think he has any intentions of asking me to sign a paper, does he?"

"I don't think so, he's not that kind of a person."

 


 

Author's Note:

Hmmm.. Weird father L has. O: ALSO! Please, please watch this trailer and tell how it is x.x If it's bad, I'll have to redo it O: Sorry for the y quality, Photoshop decided to play April fools day on me even though it's HD. ._.