Chapter 56.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

L took a day off work today as he needed to see someone. Tiffany wanted to follow him out but he pushed her back into her room and locked her in there, which caused her to scream loudly. He wore his blazer and took his suitcase before leaving the house. He walked towards his car and entered the driver seat. Just then, his phone rang.

He looked at the screen once before picking up the phone. "Yeah, I'm going to be there in five minutes." He spoke into the phone before hanging up.

He started the engine and shifted the gear. He was about to step on the accelerator when he heard Tiffany's piercing scream from her window. He lowered his window and looked at her window where she was screaming at him.

"You idiot! I will never forgive you for locking me in here! You hear me?! YAH! YAH! YOU IDIOT! YAAAHH-" L shook his head and wind up his window before stepping on the accelerator.

She might be saying that she will not forgive him now but it will be different when he goes home and give her the strawberry ice cream. That will definitely settle her whinings.

 

Not long later, he stopped in front of the cafe near the Infinite building. He off the engine and got out the car, locking the doors as he walked into the cafe. He looked around for someone before going over to a table.

"Have you got the folder?" L asked. The waitress came over and he ordered a cup of coffee.

"Yeah, like you asked." The guy passed him a big brown envelope as he sipped on his drink. L took the envelope from him and opened it, looking through the papers and photos. "Tiffany Hwang Mi Young is born on the 1st of August, 1995. (A/N: Pretend Tiffany is REALLY young here.) Her mother is a Korean-American who married Mr. Hwang in the early 80s. Their family has been rich since Tiffany was born. She has two best friends who were guys when she was 3 years old. Tiffany left Korea because her mother unfortunately died after a suspicious suicide when she was 7 years old and her father got a woman named Kim Soori to replace her mother. Her step-mother sent her away because she felt that Tiffany needed more discipline and was too spoilt by her father. At the age of 13, she returned to Korea. She was supposed to return after she reached 21 years old but she managed to return early after she caused a chaos in the States. It was peaceful for the last five years... until..." The guy stopped and L looked up from the file.

"Until what, Tablo?" L asked. At that time, his coffee came and he sipped on it.

"There seems to be something funny here. I know that Tiffany is your fiancee but.." The guy paused and glanced at L who was sipping on the coffee. "You might wanna put the cup down because this will come as a shock for you." L pulled away from the cup and set it down on the table. "When Tiffany was 17 years old, her father was in the same situation as your father. She needed to get married ASAP and make babies. So, her father looked through the eligible guys in Korea to be her husband. There were five candidates up for her. One was named Lee Howon then there were Kim Jongin, Lee Sungmin... you and..." The guy hesitated before speaking again. "Nam Woohyun." L's hand slipped to the right and the cup of coffee fell down the table, shattering into pieces of glass causing the waitress to rush over and clean up the mess.

"W-what?" L stuttered as he looked at Tablo.

"Yes. And.. the final person her father chose was actually Woohyun, not you. She was happy and she agreed with the marriage until someone told her that you were also in an arranged marriage supposingly and that you were pitiful because when you fell for the girl, your father didn't want her anymore because she wasn't rich. That person also told her that your father was looking for someone in the elites to marry. The funniest and weirdest part is this, she backed out from the agreement and told her father to choose you. She said that she knew you from young and you would be able to love her, maybe even better than Woohyun would. She also said that this way, she would be able to return a favor to you. Her father didn't want to at first, but eventually agreed after she threatened that she would return to the states. That was how her father came into contact with your father and that was how she became your fiancee."

L frowned, he didn't know what Tablo meant by Tiffany saying she knew him from young. "Hold on, she said that she knew me from young? How?"

"I told you, she had two best guy friends when she was 3 years old. One was you and the other was Woohyun, did you forget that already?"

"What?!" L exclaimed. "You mean.. you mean she was that girl?! All along?! But I didn't even know it was her! It can't be!"

"She is your childhood friend, Myungsoo. I didn't tell this to you but she asked her father not to tell you or your family that she was your childhood friend. She said she wanted it to be a present for you."

"Tablo, thanks but I got to go somewhere now. If I have another job for you, I'll call you again." L didn't wait for Tablo to reply him instead, he ran out from the cafe and into his car, driving back home at full speed.

***

The tires screeched to a stop outside the Kim's mansion and L got out from the car, slamming the door and not even bothering to lock it, he ran into the house. He took two steps up the stairs at a time and finally came to a halt outside Tiffany's door. He heard her singing to a song from outside and he breathed heavily. Slowly, he took out the key and unlocked her room door.

Hearing the door unlock, Tiffany quickly got up from her bed and ran towards the door. When L came in the room, she gave him a hard smack on his head before pouting.

"You idiot! I told you I wouldn't forgive you for locking me in here right?! Grrr! You idiot! YAH! Try doing it one more time and I'll let you taste my fist, IN YOUR MOUTH!" She screamed at him. "You idiot, you ! You retard!" She scolded and scolded but stopped when she got no response from him.

Sensing that she had stopped, L looked into her eyes. His gaze penetrating into hers and it was so deep that it made her take a step back from him. "Tiff, I found out something today." He spoke, his voice husky. He needed water but that can wait.

"What is it?" Tiffany asked.

"I know you're Cry baby. I know that you are me and Woohyun's childhood friend. I cheated, I asked someone to check on you."

"Took you long enough. That's okay, I was waiting for you to cheat. You took long enough to figure out you could use a PI instead of trying to search your past. Not bad, Soo. Not bad. So, Hee Yo-"

"But that's not all that I found out. I found out something else. Do you know what I found?"

This wasn't the Myungsoo that she normally was with. No, she could sense the guilt in his tone. "W-what?"

"I found out that you weren't supposed to be my fiancee. You were supposed to be with Woohyun and you were supposed to be happily married with him by now and have your happy ending. I found out that you are with me.. because you felt the need to repay me that favor you promised years ago. That you did that after hearing Hee Young would be leaving me and a rich girl would be replacing her place. Why, Mi Young? You shouldn't be helping me, I only took care of Woohyun like how a friend should, I don't deserve that big of a repayment. I know you promised to return me a big favor but giving up your happiness for this is just too much for me to take. Leave and be with Woohyun, Mi Young. Have your happy ending." L held her shoulders and looked into her eyes directly.

"No. Yes, I am here to repay that favor but I am also here because I want to change how things work for the elites once and for all. I'm sick and tired of all these arranged marriage bull. I am sick and tired of how our lives are just like a game board, display for the upper hands to play around with. I'm staying until I have finished my job, Soo. And that is marrying you. I love you, I don't love Woohyun anymore, can't you see?" Tiffany held his face in her hands.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"I said, I love you, I don't love Woohyun, I love you."

"Don't kid around, Tiff. It isn't funny."

"Who told you I'm kidding? Aren't you curious why I left Korea?"

"Because your mother suicided and your step-mother sent you overseas."

"Partly, yes. But no, my mother didn't killed herself. Many people thought she was the one that killed herself but I was there, Soo. She didn't kill herself. My step-mother did. She pushed my mother off the building so my father would marry her." She chuckled darkly while tears started trickling down her cheeks. "Lucky or not, my father still isn't ready for marriage so she isn't my official mother. When she wanted to sent me over to the states, I agreed because I could no longer face her. Everytime I see her, the memory of her pushing my mother down the building would flash across my eyes. I am afraid of her, Soo. That is why I left." She looked down to her feet. 'Sorry for lying, Soo. But this is the only way.'

"The only thing that kept me alive and going in the states and to come back here, was you. You were my only source of energy. Everytime I thought of your smiling face, I would tell myself, 'It's okay' because I could come running into your arms after a few years." Tiffany finished and looked up at him.

"You're lying, Tiff. You never did love me. I know you love Woohyun. I saw those eyes you gave him! You love him! Not me!"

"You can deny my feelings but it will always be there. Don't worry though, I won't force you into loving me because I know your heart will always be with Hee Young." She backed away from him and laid on the bed, covering herself with the covers. "By the way, since you managed to give me two answers, Hee Young is in a state of America that starts with 'New' and has three words. Now leave my room, thank you." Without any word, L walked out of her room. Before he closed the door, Tiffany called him.

"Off the light. I want to be in the dark for a while." His hands went up to the switch and switched it off before closing the door.

L went into his room too and laid down on the bed, sighing and covering his eyes with his left arm. 'What in the world, Mi Young.. This isn't the time for you to start loving me.. You should be loving Woohyun.. You just made me hate you, Tiff. Before we complete the marriage, I will make sure you tell me where Hee Young is so I will win her back.'


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

So, the secret is out guys. Now you know the actual truth O: There is one thing that isn't though and I'll leave it to you to figure out what isn't true. (: And BURRRRNNNN~ Tiffany loves L? Whoops, I'm sure many people are hating on Tiffany now. Don't be too quick in judging a person though! And the same thing again, forgive me if you've spotted mistakes (:

Comment and subscribe:D!