Chapter 45.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

Days after days, L had been there to take care of Hee Young. He would use a wet towel to clean her body and her face. He would make sure that she is not dehydrated too. It has been five days since Hee Young went into coma and every single night, L would stay over and keep her company. He was getting impatient. When will she wake up? Is it possible that she would never wake up again? However, the doctor didn't say anything of sort. If so, if she will never wake up again, L would forever be condemned. He would be blaming himself forever.

He was praying silently now in the hospital by the window in Hee Young's ward. 'God, if you hear me, please let Hee Young go through this and let her be awake soon. I will go through anything for her if that's what you want.' He pleaded and put his hands by his side, opening his eyes and looking over at Hee Young. 

He walked over and took Hee Young's right hand in his and brought it up to his left cheek, rubbing it against her hand. "Hee Young-ah, can you just wake up? I miss your smile, I miss your touch, I miss your beautiful charming voice. Please." He begged and used one hand to caressed her cheeks.

Suddenly, the door swung opened and L's parents came in. They looked at one another and nodded. They walked over to L and patted him on the shoulders while looking down at Hee Young.

"Myungsoo-ah, I need you to be home for awhile. Don't worry, a nurse will be here to take care of Hee Young." L's father told him and L looked at him.

"Can I just stay?" L asked and his parents shook his head.

"Please, Myungsoo-ah. It's only for awhile. We need to tell you something." L sighed and gave up, nodding his head.

He followed his parents out of the ward and cast Hee Young's body a last look before closing the door. He then went into the car park and took the car back with his parents. When they were back in their house, they got off the car without speaking another word and headed into the meeting room.

L closed the door behind him and walked over to his father and mother who stood straight in front of L's grandparents' portrait. "So, what is it?" L asked and L's mother glanced over at her husband before nodding.

L's father sighed and took small steps over to L. When he finally reached L, he held him by the shoulders. "Son," This was serious. L's father only called L by 'son' when it was something really serious. L nodded his head and his father continued, "I have a news to break to you. You're engaged." L's eyes widened and he beamed, his teeth showing.

"Really?!" He exclaimed and his parents looked at one another weirdly. "Thank you, Appa! Thank you!" His father was crushed into a bear hug and his father patted his back unsurely. "Now all I have to do is wait for her to be awake and I will marry her right on the spot!" L tightened the hug and his father got really confused. He pushed his son away and held him by the shoulders again.

He gave a look to his son and asked, "Why do you have to wait for her to be awake? She isn't in a coma."

"No, she is. You just saw her just now, she's still lying in bed.." L mumbled.

"Hold on. Who is it you're talking about?"

"Hee Young. Weren't you talking about Hee Young, Appa?" L asked and L's father sighed, he walked towards his wife and held his head in his left hand.

"No, Son. You're engaged not to Hee Young."

"What are you talking about? Then who else would it be? Didn't you want me to marry Hee Young? I'm ready to get a wife and make babies with her." L shrieked.

"No, Son. You're engaged to the Hwang's daughter. There is a change in plans. Hee Young isn't cut out for our family. She isn't an elite family member. She isn't rich and the representative wouldn't approve of her. I had to give her up and chose a rich family's girl. I chose the Hwang's. Their daughter has good manners and is pretty too. You'll like her too, I'm sure. I'm just really, really sorry for breaking you and Hee Young apart but I have no choice." L's father explained.

L's eyes widened and he walked over to his father, shaking him on the shoulder. "No, no! Appa! No! I don't want some other girl. I want Hee Young. You chose Hee Young, you like her! Why do you have to give her up?! What about me?! Don't you think I have feelings too?! Why do we have to keep listening to them?! We're not puppets! My life isn't a game for them! I am a human being too! For once, please. Just this once, give me my happiness. Please, I beg you, Appa." L went on his knees and hugged his father's legs.

His parents gasped and his mother covered with her hands, crying. His father was tearing too and he tried pulling L up but L refused to get up. "Get up, Son. I can't do anything. I've already signed a contract of marriage with them. I can't." His father continued pulling his son up.;

L stayed rooted to the ground and hung his head. "No! Appa! Please. I beg you! I won't get up if you're not helping me! I want my happiness too! I found happiness with my first love and yet, you had to bring us apart. Now that I found my other happiness, you're going to take that away too?" L looked up to his father with tears welled up in his eyes.

"I can't do anything. There's only one resolution to this. And that is only if I am dead. I should die, right? So I can give you back your happiness. Okay, I will go and kill myself out in the streets now." L's father started to move his legs.

L shouted and held onto his father's legs tight. "No.. no.. Appa. I will do it.. I will. Just.. don't kill yourself." L stood up from the grounds and wiped his tears. "Also, I will not treat Hee Young any different, just to tell you." L's father smiled sadly and pulled his son into a big hug.

"No problem.. Son. I'm just really sorry." L's father patted his son's back in a soothing way. His mother walked over too and joined the hug.

"Be strong, Myungsoo-ah." His mother told him and kiss his forehead.

After the drama was over, L's father had another thing to tell his son again. "Myungsoo-ah. I called the Hwang's daughter to come over. She should be at the door now." He said and led all of them out.

Right at that time, the door bell rang and L's father opened the door. The Hwang's daughter smiled sweetly and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Kim." L's father chuckled and stepped aside.

"Come in." He said and the girl went in the house. L's father led her to the living room and she bowed to L and his mother again. "Take a seat." L's father said and she sat on the couch, next to L.

"Myungsoo, this is _____ Hwang Mi Young. She likes to be called ____ though. ____, this is my son, Kim Myungsoo." His father introduced and the girl turned to L, bowing her head once again.

"Nice to meet you." She held out her hand and L shook her hand coldly.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

------

Comment and subscribe:D!