Chapter 3.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

Promising her sister, Hee Young put on light make up, dressed herself casually and went out of the house. It was just yesterday when she saw the article and she was heading there today. She felt nervous, she needed the money but she didn't know if she would get chosen. Free lodge? Free food? Free clothes? She sure liked the idea of that.

Whereas girls would have taken a cab so as to not sweat and looked like they just came out of the sauna, Hee Young took a bus to save money. It was a 45 minute trip to the venue but she didn't mind, she had taken a day off at her workplace just for today so she could at least release her fustrations later on if the interviwer was being a hard nut to crack.

While she was in the bus, she took her mp3 player and stuck the earphones into her ear. Taking a book out of her bag, she opened and started reading. 

 


 

Coming down from the bus, Hee Young still had to walked quite a distance until she was in front of Infinite building. She looked up at the tall building standing in front of her before looking back straight. She huffed once and closed her eyes.

"You can do it. You can do it. For Hye Mi. For Hye Mi." She said and opened her eyes.

Just as she was about to walked, she got knocked at her left shoulder. She slightly fall forward and was about to land flat on the floor when someone held her. She looked up at the person and smile a little. It was one of the good things about her. She doesn't argue over small stuffs.

"Sorry." The guy said, Hee Young stood back up straight and shook her head.

"It's okay." She said and started walking off.

The guy ran and walked beside her, heading into the building.

"Why are you here? I have never seen you around before." The guy said.

"Just for something. Anyway, why are you wearing glasses?" She asked him while pointing to his glasses.

"The Sun is glaring at me so I had to protect my eyes. I guess I'll be seeing you around then." The guy said and went into the lift.

Meanwhile, Hee Young waited for the next lift and when it arrived, she went in along with the bunch of people, some going to work, some.. well, going for the interview of course.

When she came out of the lift, there was a long queue awaiting outside the hallway-everywhere filled with girls. She took a step and at the end of the queue, stood a women in her office wear, In front of her was a counter and Hee Young guess that to be where she had to register herself.

"Do you have your portfolio with you?" The women asked, uninterested.

"Oh, yes. Here it is." Hee Young said and took out the folio from her bag.

"Wait till your name is called and go into the room. Meanwhile, you can grab some food down in the canteen or wait in the chairs." The women told Hee Young.

"Alright." Hee Young said and went over to one of the seats to sit.

 


 

One hour...

Two hours...

Three hours...

Right now, it has been seven hours since Hee Young came for the interview. She realised she was the last to be interviewed and she had to be patient.

"Baek Hee Young!" A voice called and Hee Young stood up, walking into the room. It was finally her turn.

Opening the door, she slowly walked in and introduced herself before taking a seat. The person in front of her flipped through her portfolio and nodded.

"So, Baek Hee Young," The person started.

"Nae?" She asked.

"Why did you come for the interview? What do you need the money for?" The person asked.

"My sister asked me to, we needed the money for her treatment." Hee Young answered.

"Alright. Then, what do you see L as? What makes you think you are able to make him change his preference for girls?"

"I don't know him well. Honestly, I don't even think I am what you people looked for. I'm stupid, ugly and I don't know anything about being a rich person. My family background as you can see isn't that great, we're not even well-off.  I have a sick sister to take care of and my parents are dead. I don't understand what's the difference between love and like as I have never been in a relationship before. The only thing that I am able to assure is that I'm hard working, I am determind and I don't mind so much about the amount of money, as long as I can get enough to fund for my sister's treatment, I'm alright. I don't demand much." Hee Young finished.

"You're stupid, ugly and you don't have the qualifications, why bother coming? I think I'm done with you for now, you may go. I'll contact you again." The person said and Hee Young hung her head low, getting out of the room.

What she didn't know was that the person was following her moves from behind.

"What did you think, Hee Young? That you would go in there and tell your life story, hoping they would choose you? DREAM ON! This is reality Hee Young. You have no one but to blame yourself for not studying harder." Hee Young talked to herself and the person from her back chuckled.

He walked up to her and stood in front of her. She looked up, embarressed, knowing that the person had heard what she was talking.

"Hello, I'm Mr Kim and you're chosen. Welcome to the Kim's." Mr Kim stretched his hand out and shook hers.

"But... why? What? How?!" Hee Young shouted.

"Chill, Young lady. You're the one me and my wife are looking for. You have the qualities we're looking for so don't worry. I want an honest person and you're one. You're also naive to almost everything, this makes it easier for you to approach my son." Mr Kim explained.

"Oh..." Hee Young said as she nodded her head.

"I don't think we need a contract so, move in tomorrow. I will get someone to your house to pack your things and fetch you over to our house." Mr Kim told her.

"I don't have much to pack actually." Hee Young said truthfully.

"*Chuckles* Alright then. I'll be seeing you tomorrow." Mr Kim said and walked off.

After Mr Kim left, Hee Young jumped happily in her spot.

"Hye Mi-ah! I got chosen! We have enough funds for your treatment now!" Hee Young said to the air.

'I want to break the news to you now but... I guess you're asleep since it's dark right now.' She thought and decided to go home.

"I thought we could have been friends but I was wrong. Sorry, Baek Hee Young, I guess you have to get hurt because of him. I will only love one person and that is him, it can never be someone else, it always have been him." L said as he watched her walked away from behind the window panel.

 

 

Author's Note:

 

5 subscribers in a day... I can't even describe how thankful I am, thank you! *Bows* And to all the people who subscribed! *Bows* Especially, *drum rolls*

 infinite_saranghae

ManiacKaoru

MongZong

piratess

Thanks for subscribing to most of my works!:')

If you guys don't mind, can you click the upvote button if you appreciate this story?(: It's okay if you don't, I don't like forcing people:D

Comment and subscribe:D!