Chapter 57.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

A year since Hee Young had left.. Few months after L knew of Tiffany's identity.. And a few months since L had started to investigate Tiffany's biological mother's death. If the only way to push Tiffany away is to start from the bottom, that it would only be right to put her step mother behind the bars before he starts to persuade Tiffany in leaving him. He hadn't really been talking to Tiffany in the past few months and it hurt Tiffany badly that sometimes, she would cry and sob in Woohyun's arms who would craddle her like a baby. This big round of love was hurting a lot of people. The big confusion caused by Tiffany. L didn't tell Woohyun about Tiffany confessing her feelings to him but he found that there was something going on between Tiffany. It was like Woohyun knew but L felt that Woohyun knew more to the confession than he did.

L was looking through the papers Tablo gave him when he heard a knock on his office door. Before he could say anything, it opened and Tiffany came in with a cake box in her right hand. He looked down again, not wanting to look at her. He knew that there was nothing wrong with Tiffany. In fact, she gave up many things for him. It wasn't wrong for her to like him too since she hadn't any intention on having him falling in love with her. However, there was something dearly wrong she wanted. She wanted to marry him. And that was impossible because he clearly told her that he loved only Hee Young.

Tiffany closed the office door quietly and turned to walk towards his desk. Before she could take another step in front of his desk, he hissed, "Stop." Immediately, Tiffany stopped in her steps. "Why are you here?"

"I baked a cake. I brought some for you." She told him but he shook his head.

"I don't need it. Get going." He said coldly and this time, Tiffany bravely took another step.

"Just eat it please, Soo?" She pleaded and L slammed his pen down on the table, looking up into her eyes.

"Can't you see I'm busy? Why are you always around?! You should just leave! I am so fustrated with things that it's killing me here!" He pointed to his head. "And here!" He pointed to his heart. "I'm telling you Mi Young, I'm never going to marry you. You still remember you have to tell me where Hee Young is? And I will find her, I will find her and marry her, not you! So you should just stop pestering me!"

"Soo, I'm doing things for a reason.. Continue hating me but I won't leave." She put the box of cake down on his desk and her heels, her back facing him. "Eat that, it will make you feel better. And don't be too stressed up, you have to remember how to relax too." She finished and walked out his room.

L sighed, pulling at his hair before he shut his eyes and inhaled before exhaling. He opened his eyes and looked at the box of cake in front of him. Slowly, his hand crepted towards the box and he pulled it near him. He breathed twice before opening it and pulling the cake out. Once his eyes caught the writings on the cake, he glanced at the closed door where Tiffany went out not long ago.

'I wouldn't have hated you if you just left.' He thought and looked down at the cake again before a small smile went on his face.

Relax and smile always, Soo~

From Mi Young XD

He took the fork from inside the box and sunk the fork into the cake before pulling out a piece and stuck it into his mouth. He then remembered the time when Hee Young made him cup cakes and brought it to his office. Although that tasted nothing better than this, it still felt better in his mouth because it was made by Hee Young. Tiffany's cake tasted nothing like any cakes in the bakery but it had Tiffany's sincerity in it and he could feel it. Then, a big smile went on his face.

***

Tiffany smiled from outside when she saw L's smile after eating her cake. When she could ever see that smile again, she wouldn't know. He probably hated her a lot now. However, things will all be worth the while once it comes to an end. Everyone would have their happy ending and she would be able to tell her grandchildren how brave she was to salvage a poor man like L from all the nasty wrath of the upper hands. She sighed and left the glass panel at the left side of L's office, walking to the lift and taking it down to the ground floor.

When she came out from the lift, she bumped into someone's chest and she groaned, rubbing that sore part of her head. She heard someone chuckle and she looked up, seeing him, she smiled again.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and Tiffany pointed her forefinger up.

"Giving some retard relaxing cake." She mumbled and the guy laughed.

"Hmm... Since he'll be busy finishing the cake, why don't you accompany me to somewhere? Somewhere like... the ice cream parlour." At once, Tiffany's face brightened up.

"Okay! Call! Let's go!" She hooked her arm into his and pulled him towards the front of the building while that guy shook his head.

When they reached the ice cream parlour, they ordered their ice cream and sat at one of the table while Tiffany on her ice cream happily before a frown came onto her face.

"What's wrong?" That guy asked and she looked at his face.

"I was just thinking... Soo might want chocolate ice cream so he could cheer up. I know the things I said to him may be confusing right now but I just want something in him to snap so he could hurry up."

The guy took her right hand in his left one and caressed the back of her hand. "Yah.. you shouldn't be sad too. Where's the whiny and spoilt cry baby I knew? I'm sure he'll thank you at the end of the day. I know you kept stuff from him so he'll be able to brave up but you need to be strong too. I'm always here for you, okay?" He searched her eyes but got no response. Instead, she searched his too. "Hmm? Okay?" He asked and she nodded, looking down at her melting ice cream. His hand trailed from her hand to her right cheek, caressing it with his thumb. "Hey, I support you too. I'm helping too so don't put everything on your shoulders, share some with me, hmm? You don't have to feel guilty because I know that you love me and I love you too, that's all that matters, right?"

"Thanks, Woo." She said and Woohyun moved her face up to look into her eyes.

"Where's my 'Aegyo King'?" He asked.

She smiled a little and breathed, "Aegyo King."

"Louder."

"Aegyo King!"

"Louder!"

"AEGYO KING!" She screamed and everyone in the store turned to look at her. She hid her face in embarrassment and Woohyun chuckled.

"Still cute as ever." He told her and when she looked up again, Woohyun stole a kiss from her lips. "I'm waiting, Mi Young. Don't forget that I'm always here."

She didn't give any reply. Instead, she pulled him closer and locked their lips together. That was all it needed to put his trust on her. They didn't need to say anymore as their heart spoke the same language, "Thanks for being there."

 


 

"Hee Young~" Jessica chirped from Hee Young's bed. Hee Young gave no reply and Jessica frowned, going over to Hee Young's laptop and slammed the screen shut.

"YAH!" Hee Young screamed at Jessica and shoved her aside, opening her laptop screen quickly. "LOOK AT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! NOW ALL OUR WORK IS GONE! AND MY PAGES... MY PAGES! THEY ARE GONE!" She yelled and Jessica smiled timidly when Hee Young glared at her.

"Oops? Sorry?" She apologised and Hee Young stormed over to her. Hee Young pulled Jessica up from the floor and shoved her in the bed, hovering over her legs and tickling her sides.

"Oh no! Sorry won't do!" Hee Young hissed playfully as Jessica laughed.

"Hahahaha! So- Hahaha! S-Sto- HAHAHAHAH!" Hee Young stopped and Jessica pouted. "I'm sorry okay~ Don't be mad~ I'll do that project for us again!" She persuaded and Hee Young crossed her arms.

"You better!" Hee Young pointed at Jessica who quickly nodded.

"Anyway, what was those pages you were talking about?" Jessica asked and Hee Young walked back to the laptop.

"That.. I'm working on something." She said and recovered her lost work.

"Hey! You could recover the lost works too!" Jessica said accusingly when she saw the screen back to how it was before she slammed the screen shut.

"This means that you aren't clever, Jess. Now listen more during class." Hee Young shook her head and suddenly stopped, turning her chair around to face Jessica.

"Jess, have you thought of what you want to be in future?"

"Not really. I only want to marry a rich guy and have babies with him. It doesn't matter if I need to love him or not. I just want to have enough money for myself and my family, a roof over my head and a guy that loves me more than I love him. What about you?"

"Hmm.. Good question. I've been thinking.. I've spoken with Miss Clarkson too. She support what I want to do too. She said that I have the potential. I wanna be a writer, an author. I was working on my first book just now. I hope it sells well when it's out."

"Really? What is it about?"

"It's about how a guy loves another guy but couldn't confess because it was stressful for him. Then, his father gives a reward of 50 million to whoever could make his son change his ual preference so his son could settle down on a family, have babies and they could give an answer to the representative of the government. This girl, who has to pay for her sister's treatment, decided to join because she needed the money for her sister. When that guy first saw her, he didn't want to be changed. However, over time, love blossoms between the two but it wasn't enough to overcome the difficulties that came when harsh reality smacks them in the face. Guilt, hate, love, money, status all clashed at once. The girl then parts for some reason and the guy is expected to find a solution to all these." Hee Young explained.

"Why does it sound kinda familiar? It sounds something like your life. But anyway, what is the ending of the two?"

"In fact, I'm writing my life story out, Jess. I hope many people will be able to read it and see the purpose I'm trying to deliver to them. As for the ending.. I haven't decide on that one."

"Why not?"

"You will know when I released the book then, Jess~" Hee Young turned around in her chair and started typing furiously again.

Jessica shook her head and looked at the photoframe by Hee Young's bedside. It had a picture of 7 men wearing high school clothings.

'Whoever you are in the photoframe, from what I always hear from Hee Young, you don't actually deserve to be loved by her.' Jessica thought.

 

 


 

Author's Note:

Hmmm... are things too confusing for you guys? I hope I made sense in this chapter x.x And people, L broke the glass cup because he was shocked that Tiffany didn't go with Woohyun but instead him, not really because Tiffany was 'Cry Baby'. Hope it clears some misunderstanding. And... let's rewind back a little shall we? So Tiffany said she loves L but later, she's loving with Woohyun O: So... can anyone actually guess what's going on? ^^ And oh yeah, this might end a little before Chapter 80, depending on how the flow goes.(: Btw, subbers here, you are now all called 'Gems' from now on(: Tell me if there is anything wrong with the words or grammar here ^^

Comment and subscribe:D!