Chapter 52.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

It's been a week since Hee Young settled down in New York City. The fact that her sister and babies isn't here anymore slowly sank in and she learnt to let go. The apartment she stayed in with Sungyeol was a little small but it had a comfy feel to it. The Sungyeol she knew in Seoul was different from who she knew now. He was much.. serious. He prepared everything single thing for her. From meals all the way to buying her pads.

L's parents had 100 million won transferred over to Sungyeol account for Hee Young and she told Sungyeol to keep it with him. She would ask for the money if she needed it, like now. She couldn't just sit around and do nothing in New York. This wouldn't help in building up her reputation. She took some time to search the internet for a good University near their apartment and ended up with New York University. She called them up and was told to prepare her documents and bring it over to the institute before taking her entrance exam as she didn't have any certificate with her to see what level she was in.

Today, she woke up earlier than she usually do and tied her hair up into a high ponytail. She checked herself in the mirror for the last time before she took her bag and left the room. Sungyeol was already up and preparing breakfast for the both of them in the kitchen. She took a seat at the dining table and waited for the breakfast to be served. Soon, the meal was finished and they both dug in.

 

Hee Young wiped with tissue and smiled at Sungyeol. "Thank you~" She chirped and Sungyeol waved it off. "Oh, and remember to write a cheque for me. I need it latest by tomorrow if I'm entering the university." She told Sungyeol and he nodded.

"Why don't you just open your own bank account and I'll transfer you back the money?" He asked and Hee Young chuckled.

"Because, I might just spent the money away. Besides, I trust my Oppa to keep the money for me." She gleamed at him and he gave up.

"Oh alright!" He surrendered and she leaned forward, giving a peck on his cheek.

"Thank you, Oppa. Thank you for being a brother to me. At least I have a family member now and I am not alone." She told him and he softened.

"Anytime, Hee Young. I must also thank you for being a sister to me when I am all alone." He spoke and got up from his seat, taking the plates into the sink. "Don't you have to go now?" He asked and she bolted up from her seat, running off to the front door.

"Yeah! See you later!" She shouted and the door clicked closed after she left.

 

Hee Young waited for the bus and when it came, she went in. Not long later, she got off the bus and arrived in front of the university. She puffed her cheeks and exhaled before she entered the campus.

"Hi, I'm here for the interview and here is my documents." She spoke with broken English accent. Thank god Sungyeol taught her English back in Seoul. She could put it to good use now.

"Alright.. Okay. Take a seat, I'll process your application and you're good to go for the exam." The lady told her and she nodded, thanking the lady.

When she took her seat at the waiting area, a girl was leaning her head back at the headrest, snoring lightly. Hee Young stiffened when she heard the girl munching on air like a pig. The girl's hand then smacked Hee Young's thighs when she shifted making Hee Young jump. The girl got startled too and she woke up, looking at Hee Young. Hee Young took a glance at her and she was an Asian too. Great!

(They are talking in English here.)

"Sorry." The girl mumbled and turned to the other side.

"Are you here for the entrance exam too?" Hee Young asked and the girl turned back to her.

"Yeah." The girl answered her.

"Oh I am too! Let's be friends! Which country are you from?"

The girl examined her from head to toe before speaking in Korean. "Weird.." She then spoke in English again. "South Korea."

Hee Young beamed happily and took the girl's hands in hers. "I am from Korean too!" She exclaimed in Korean and the girl finally smiled.

"Really?! Great! I thought I would be the only Korean here!" She squeezed Hee Young's hands.

Hee Young chuckled. "What's your name?"

"Jessica, Jessica Jung." Hee Young furrowed her brows.

"I thought you are a Korean, why do you have a English name?"

"Oh you see.. I'm not Korean actually. Well, I am Korean by blood but I was born in Sans Francisco so I have the English name." Jessica explained and Hee Young 'oh-ed' before nodding her head. "What's your name?" Jessica asked this time.

"Hee Young. Baek Hee Young." She told Jessica.

 

"Ladies!" The lady at the counter called and they stood up, holding hands while walking over to the lady. Hee Young could feel that this girl right here would be her best friend already. "Here. Go to room 50 and pass this slip over to the examiner then you can sit for your entrance exam." The lady passed them a slip of paper and they thanked her before going out.

And so, Hee Young sat for her exam and waited for the results along with Jessica for an hour before it came out. They both screamed in happiness that they got into the same major they wanted and they got to attend university. It was a great achievement for Hee Young considering she had never studied after her second year in high school. After they went out for a meal with one another, they separate ways and Hee Young went back to her shared apartment with Sungyeol. Now that she was in the university, her goals got clearer and she was a step closer. She was going to make sure she passed through university and build up her reputation so she could get L back.

'I'm a step closer to going back to you, Myungsoo.' She thought and closed her eyes, drifting off to dreamland.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Gahhh! This was the worst chapter ever! It's so boring ): But I had no choice because I needed to explain what she was doing in New York. Hee Young won't be appearing much in future chapters until she returns to Seoul so get ready for more of L's chapters. I hope I didn't bore you all out. :/ My eyes were so blurry while writing this chapter I hardly wanted to write any words. x.x This was the only chapter left ): I need to write in order to update the next time x.x Recently, things has been up and down I don't have time to write ): My exam for piano is coming up soon and I also need to settle my dance classes ): Then... yeah. I'm also reading a storybook that is SOOOO good you can hardly stop. I'm trying hard to create a trailer for this story too but unfortunately, I don't know why Photoshop is being a to me ): It takes 2 hours or more to export the video D: So... hopefully my next update will be by next week. I will keep you guys update once I have my trailer up:D

Comment and subscribe:D!