Chapter 67.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

Right when Hee Young was done with all the dishes, she set them on the dining table as Jessica took the utensils over. She grimaced when she saw Sungyeol telling all the things they went through for the past three years. How she managed to live through that, she'll keep it for her future generations to be told. Then, she saw Sungyeol patting L's back and she smiled gently.

"Boys, the food are ready!" She called out and both Sungyeol and L stood up from the couch, coming over. "What do you think?" She gestured to her masterpiece and L nodded his head in approval.

"Looks nice but can't be too sure it'll taste the same." He cringed his face and Hee Young frowned.

"Don't eat it then." She started pulling all the dishes towards her. A hand stopped her from doing so and she looked up.

"He said it, not me. Damn! This all looks delicious! It's been three months since I last ate your cooked food." Sungyeol quickly took his seat and pulled all the dishes towards him. He turned to L and said, "You know I've been suffering with beef burgers for the past three months thanks to the girl in the kitchen. She's obsessed with them I tell you." L chuckled at that comment. "Stop laughing, are you going to eat it or not? Trust me, her cooking improved a lot. You can tell by seeing she has not burned down the kitchen yet."

"Sungyeol Oppa!" Hee Young complained and Sungyeol nodded his head.

"It's true! You have no idea how many times the kitchen had to be renovated due to her trainings. I almost went broke." Hee Young raised a brow at him and Sungyeol smiled meekly. "Okay, maybe I took it too far but you know it's true. You burnt the kitchen down the first time you tried cooking fried rice. The second time was when you were apparently boiling Gingseng Chicken Soup. And the third time was..." Sungyeol tried recalling it.

"When she was using the oven to make pizza." Jessica butted in and Sungyeol snapped his fingers.

"Thanks, Sica. Right. When she was using the oven to make a pizza." L gaped at Hee Young who was blushing deeply.

"Are you going to keep your mouth shut and just eat it before I packet it away?!" Hee Young hollered at Sungyeol.

"Fine, fine. Geez, are you on your period?"

"NO!"

"Then-"

"DON'T EAT-"

"Okay, okay! Yah, quick. Take your places before the food is gone." Sungyeol told L and Jessica and they each took their seats.

Seeing that Hee Young still had not taken her seat, L pulled the chair next to him out and patted it, looking at her. She huffed once before heading over to take the seat next to him.

"Alright, don't be mad anymore. You know he was just playing with you. Look at him stuffing his mouth with your food, I'm sure he loves your cooking." L patted her head and she just pouted. "Alright, I'll give it a try and tell you how you fair, okay?" Hee Young did not reply him and so, he took a spoonful of stew chicken and stuck it into his mouth. "Ehmm! This is good!" L praised her and she looked at him with twinkling eyes.

"Really?"

"Yes! I did not expect you to improve this much within three years Hee Young, you surprised me!"

"Eat more then!" Hee Young started picking more and more dishes for him until his plate and bowl were full of dishes.

"I shall not be polite then!" Then, L started digging in while the rest chuckled at him.

"Sungyeol Oppa, try that dish, Jessica made it specially for you." Hee Young was starting her revenge now.

Jessica choked on her rice halfway and looked at Hee Young, horrified. Underneath that innocent face she made up, Jessica saw Hee Young's sly smirk.

"R-really?" Sungyeol stuttered as he looked at Jessica.

"No, I did-"

"Yeah, she also said that she hoped you'll like it when we were in the kitchen. She added a special ingredient too. Something like.." Hee Young turned to Jessica before sticking out her tongue. "Love."

"L-love?" Sungyeol's face started to turn pink.

"Don't talk non-"

"You like it?" Hee Young asked when Sungyeol ate the dish Jessica supposingly 'made' and he nodded vigorously. "Isn't that so sweet?" Hee Young clasped her hands together as L laughed. "I'm going to be a cupid for that two." Hee Young whispered into L's ear.

"Oh? My Hee Young wants to play a cupid now? That sounds hot. Will I get to see you in a cupid suit? I bet you'll look hot!" L playfully said.

Both Jessica and Sungyeol chorused at the same time. "*cough*Hormones.*cough*"

 


 

After a tortuous lunch with much teasings, they all finally finished their food and washed the dishes. As Hee Young decided to go ahead with her being the cupid, she acted as if she had something to pick up in the campus and asked if Jessica could go. Being the gentleman Sungyeol 'is', he insisted on following along which went according to Hee Young's plans. No matter how much Jessica refused, he insisted and so, they were out to the campus. Before leaving the doors, Hee Young walked over to Sungyeol and told him to bring her out for a date. It was obvious that he liked Jessica, everyone could tell.

"What about us?" L asked as he hugged Hee Young from behind.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked as she held his arms that were around her waist.

"Hmm.. I haven't been to New York before. Why don't you give me a tour?" L kiss the nape of her neck and she closed her eyes blissfully. He wouldn't take it too far, she knew. After all, she had already told him she wasn't ready.

"Okay but first, you need to get changed." She told him like a mother and he saluted to her, running off to the bathroom.

***

The two got changed quickly and left the house. L made sure to bring that one important thing along with him before he left. They locked hands once again and entered the lift before they walked out of it and out of the lobby to the central.

"I can't cover the entire New York since it's already afternoon so I'll just tour you around this place. Get yourself ready because I'm going to take you around to where I had my last three years spent in." Hee Young informed him.

The first place she took him to was the all time favourite of hers. The place where she and Jessica normally went to whenever they felt like grabbing a burger. She ordered a set of beef burger with fries and a coke and another with potato wedges and a lemon tea.

"Here. The beef burgers here are the best, you gotta try it. Jessica and I always loved the interior here. It feels like home. Whenever we feel stress or just plain hungry, we would come here. Remember Sungyeol Oppa telling you that he had been eating burgers for the last three months? We ate here. I'll never get bored." Hee Young said as she passed him his set and unwrapped her burger before taking a bite. True, they had finished eating not long ago but Hee Young could stuff more food within her. L had space in his stomach too since he was a living eating monster.

They were done not long later and the second place Hee Young took him to was the campus. She spreaded her arms like she wanted to embraced the campus before turning over to meet eyes with L who was watching her.

"This, is where I had spent my three years studying in. It has lots of memories contained here. Just yesterday, I graduated. I came with the purpose of having my foundation built so I could be successful and I could have you back. It didn't matter whether you wanted me back or not, at least I know I made the effort in getting you back and even if we wouldn't end up being together, I would have a new life for myself. It was here that I met Jessica too. Those memories are still fresh in my mind. She was sleeping like a pig, snoring lightly and munching the air. I still wonder until today what she was dreaming about that she smacked my thigh. My lecturers are also a great help in molding me to who I am now. I had the chance of being a student again after so long and it felt great to be here with all these amazing people, all fighting for one thing in their life; survival."

L's eyes softened and he walked over to her. At once, he grabbed her and pulled her in for a hug. He caressed the back of her head before pulling back and claiming her lips. He pulled away later and took her hands.

"I am glad that you not only did it for me, but for yourself too. Don't ever throw those memories away, I know they all hold great meanings in your life." L told her.

The next place was a bridge. She didn't go there often but still, it had been a place where she had seek comfort in when she was feeling down.

"And here, is where I always came without Jessica and Sungyeol Oppa's acknowledgement whenever I feel down. Although it's just a place and it can't speak to me, it helps calm my mind and allow me to take a look at the world again. When I was upset with the fact that you weren't here, I'd take a walk here and take a sit there," Hee Young then started pulling him under the bridge. "Like this," Hee Young crossed her legs and L followed along. "And start to look around for other inspiring things to keep me going. You can't see any now since well, you're happy. However for me, I saw a young girl falling down after a few steps she took. Instead of crying, she stood up and dusted her little hands like it didn't matter at all before taking another few more steps. When she hit her goal, she started crying but that was because she was overjoyed. And so, I thought to myself. If a young girl like her could fall and not cry, why must a big girl like me cry over something I know wouldn't change by just simply crying? If I could be like her, trying hard to achieve her goals, in the end, I would be the one crying in tears of joy too."

L nodded his head. She was a strong girl but like other girls, she had a frail heart under that strong exterior too.

"Hee Young," He called. "Are we done for the day?"

"Yes, I can't bring you to much places so I'm sorry." She apologised.

"It's okay. I shall be honest then. I do know New York. I've been here once. But that's not the point. The point is.." L bit his lips. "I have something for you. It's nothing much but I want you to remember that no matter what others say or do, you will always be the only one I love. And just like this," L stood up and pulled Hee Young along with him. He then led them out to the open space, right in front of the bridge. He then took out a box before opening it. He held up the cuffs that he had gotten from the duty free shop in the airport back in Korea. "I want us to be chained together with our love. People may break us apart like this chain is but the cuffs will always be there like our love do. Please don't feel insecure anymore. I hope that with this, you'll know what you really mean to me." L then put the cuffs on her wrist before putting another on his.

"Oppa?" She called him this time and he locked his gaze with her. "Why must you be so sweet? I'm having a bad toothache now." She complained before she leaned forward to kiss him. Right at that time, the sun was setting and they both shared a kiss under the dark night sky.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Quick! This is big news! The rich tycoon of Infinite is cheating on his fiancée with another woman! Snap it at a angle where you can see his face but not the girl's! This article would be the bomb I'm telling you!"