Chapter 53.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

A month now.. The pain L felt in his chest isn't that pain anymore. He had his friends who no matter how busy, would take time off to accompany him. He became quiet when he was in the office and would only talk when Tiffany came into his office. He didn't talked to his parents for two weeks now after he found out it was his parents who sent Hee Young away. He was truly disappointed with them but he never did throw a tantrum at them. He was tired of fighting and arguing. He wanted to save those for Hee Young when he finally could find her.

"A penny for your thoughts? Myungsoo?" Tiffany asked after noticing him spacing out as she sipped her hot chocolate in her hands.

"It's a penny of your thoughts, Tiff." He countered and she shook her head, setting her hot chocolate down on the coffee table.

"No it isn't, it's 'for'. You see, you pay a penny to know what somebody's thinking, legit, right?"

"No. Although that sounds right, it's a penny of your thoughts. It isn't nice to prey into what others are thinking so you only ask politely if you can know a penny of their thoughts. See, this is right." L explained as his hands went here and there to show her how it works.

"No it isn't. Although you sound right, mine is more legit."

"Go search up google, Tiff. You'll know I'm right." L crossed his arms as he leaned back. Arguing with Tiffany, was a different thing. It took his mind off stressful things.

"Okay, fine! I'll show you I'm right and you're wrong! Tiffany Hwang is never wrong!" She took her Samsung Note out and search the web. A moment later, "HAH!" She shoved the Note in front of L's face. "Look who's right and who's wrong!" She stuck her tongue out and L frowned, taking the Note from her hands.

He searched something again and snapped his fingers. "Hah! I'm right too! So we're both right!" He showed her the screen and she scoffed.

"Whatever, I'm still sticking to 'for'." She off the screen of the Note and kept it inside her purse.

A vague image of a young girl with brown locks till her shoulders flashed across L's mind. Then, that girl's voice spoke. "It's 'for', Soo. You never learn! It's 'for' not 'of'! You pay a penny to know what someone's thinking, legit, right?"

Tiffany's snapping of fingers brought him back and Tiffany looked into his eyes. "What were you thinking again? You were so.. lost." Tiffany said as she brought the cup to again.

"Tiff, your sentence.. I think I heard it before... It just.. seems really familiar." L told her and behind the cup, she smirked. "A girl also told me the same thing.. we argued on the sentence of 'penny of thou-"

"For."

"Whatever." Tiffany put the cup down again and glanced at him before looking down to her newly done manicured nails.

"So, any idea who that someone is?"

"No.. The image of her was blurry.. But from her size, she seems to be really young." L held his head in his hands and sighed. "She seems really familiar.. but I can't tell who she is.. I was only eight years old that time."

"Maybe if you think harder, you'll be able to remember. I'd never forget my childhood.. mainly because there were two very, very amazing best friends who accompanied me until I went to the states." She told him.

"Maybe next time.." He said and looked up. "You went to the states before?"

"Yeah, that was how I got my name, 'Tiffany'."

Another image appeared in L's mind. "Soo, I'm gonna miss you.. along with aegyo king.."

"I'm gonna miss you too.. when will you come back? Aegyo king refuses to come because he says he's angry."

"Maybe 15 years from now.. I was hoping he would come.. I wanted to tell him something.. Just.. take care of him when I'm gone, okay? When I am back, I promise, I'll repay you with a big, big favor! Okay? Okay?"

"Alright, alright. You promised! I will be claiming that favor when I need it most!"

"Oh please, I will know when is the time to use it! And by then, you'll be thanking me! You'll probably need it really badly in future!"

"I don't think there will be a day where I badly need your favor."

"Don't just assume, Soo. You'll never know~"

"Fine fine. You're gonna hug the plane to the states if you still don't get going."

"Soo,"

"Hmm?"

"I have a secret."

"What is it?"

"I think... I like Aegyo king."

"WHAT?"  Then, the image of the same young girl, ran off towards the departure gates.

 

"Myungsoo, Myungsoo, YAH!" Tiffany knocked L's head with hers and they both groaned in pain, rubbing the sore area. "Ouch..." She whimpered and L chuckled.

"Yah! Why whimper when you're the one who knocked my head?"

Tiffany pouted and smacked his head. "Idiot!" She yelled at him.

"Fool!"

"Stupid!"

"Retard!"

"You like egg tarts? They never sell them in Korea.. the best tarts are in Hong Kong! Someday, we should travel to Hong Kong together!"

"I hate tarts."

"Why?"

"Because they're like you! Retards!"

"YAH!"

"Myungsoo, it isn't nice to like this."

"What Aegyo King said, Idiot."

"Fool!"

"Stupid!"

"Knock it off guys!"

"Yah!" Tiffany knocked his head with her knuckles again. "Seriously, Myungsoo, what's wrong with you?"

"Sorry, just.. these images keep flashing in my mind."

"Should I ask a doctor to dig them out for you?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"I hate doctors!"

"Why?"

"They smell!"

"They smell! I hate doctors! I hate medicine!"

"Soo, there isn't even a doctor here. Take your medication!"

"I don't care, medicines are from doctors and doctors smell!"

"What stupid logic is this?! Come on! Or I'll tell Aegyo King you bullied me!"

"FINE!"

"KIM MYUNGSOO!"

"Huh?"

"Argh! I should really use a hammer to hammer your head. No matter how many times I remind you we're on Earth, you always run off to who knows what planet!"

L scratched his head, "Sorry." He apologised and Tiffany waved it off.

"Hey," Tiffany started and L turned to her. "I wanna ask, I know you like Woohyun previously but.. how did it happen?" She bit her lips, she was really curious.

"How did you know?"

"I... found out somehow." She said.

L sighed, "Well, I don't know when it started actually. We had this really good girl friend. I didn't know why but I acted like a girl when I was young. Without any of them knowing, I was always fighting for Woohyun's attention. Me and that girl were like enemies but we were friends. We made a bet one day when we were bored. We were both young and didn't know that there were such thing as a guy isn't supposed to love a guy. And so, we bet on who could make Woohyun blush first. In order to win the bet, I prepared many things to make Woohyun blush. Along the way, without knowing I fell for him. It was only in high school that it got stronger.. But that girl, before we even attended high school, she left. And I was left with all these feelings."

"Do you.. still like him?"

"No. I realised something actually. I thought I loved him. I was so wrong. I mistook admiration for love. To be honest, I hadn't noticed that until Hee Young left. I always thought he was my first true love and Hee Young was my second, able to overtake him. Then, I suddenly sat down and think one day. Woohyun is a nice guy and he has everything a guy wants. For me, I lack something. A role model. I got so obsessed with the thought of becoming Woohyun that I actually thought I loved him. Admiration, is what I would call it. Hee Young, is my first love."

"Yeah, so much for being gay. So what Hee Young did was actually to let you realise what you've been blinded with." Tiffany nodded her head and got up from the seat. "Well, we've talked enough and I think I managed to do my job. I'll be going now."

She took her purse and walked out the office room. L leaned back onto the couch and closed his eyes, smiling when he thought of Hee Young. Letting out everything, feels so much better than when everything was stuffed inside. He felt as if he was a step closer to Hee Young.

'Are you thinking of me now?' He thought.

***

'I'll be done soon, Myungsoo. Await my comeback.' Hee Young thought as she flipped to the next page.

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Anyone gets the hint?:D I hope this isn't too confusing for you guys x.x I'm getting really off plot now but ah~ whatever. Expect more chapters of Tiff, Infinite and L now~

Comment and subscribe:D!