Chapter 48.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been two whole days since L went to see Hee Young. He was afraid of how she would react to him being there. And of course, he wouldn't let her just be there by herself. He did asked his parents and Infinite to take turns in visiting her. If you were wondering how he could just be away from her, you were wrong. He did visit her, just silently at night. He would look at her face and think of how she had been becoming thinner, hadn't she been eating? That did it when he came in on the third day and she was crying in her sleep. He very much wanted to hold her in his arms, to tell her he was there, to tell her that everything was alright but he knew, it wasn't.

He her hair and sang a lullaby to make her feel better. This was the only thing he could do. He did it gently so as to not wake her up. He hummed along to finish off the lullaby and Hee Young found herself dreaming of L in her sleep. She dreamt that he was here, at this very moment.

She snuggled closer to his hand and muttered, "Myungsoo?" L on instinct retracted his hand back quickly, afraid she would be mad if she knew he was here. She whimpered in her sleep as if she's almost in great pain and a tear slipped from her eyes again. "Myungsoo?" She called again and this time, L took a step closer.

"Yeah?" He answered and Hee Young felt as if he was really here. She opened her eyes and locked onto L's. He was stunned, he hadn't expected her to wake up.

"Why?" She asked when she realised he was really here. "Why, Myungsoo?" She asked again.

L was confused and he took her hands but she pulled away, facing to the other side. "Why what? I don't understand a word you're saying, Hee Young."

"Was I really that burdensome? Was I not good enough? Where did I went wrong? I don't understand.. I heard you talking to Sungyeol that day.. Myungsoo. The day you said you wanted our babies to disappear. Have you had any idea how much that tore me apart? And yet, I pretended that I heard nothing, I kept you by my side selfishly, thinking you would one day, just one day really fall for me. And I thought I did, those few months of pregnancy really led me to believe that you were serious on becoming our babies' father. Those caress, those kisses, those touches, they really led me to believe you were really in love with me." She sighed and turned to look at L. She searched his eyes and spoke again.

"But when I woke up, the very first sight that greeted me was you and another girl hooking arms. My world just went flashing by just like that, in a snap. I don't know what went through me, I can't have myself seeing the man I love in another woman's arms. I pushed you away, Myungsoo. And you did allow me to push you away, listening to that woman. After you left, I had a talk with her." She scoffed, "More like an argument. That was when I found out that our babies were missing too. And it occurred to me that your burdens were gone so you held no more responsibility for me. I thought you loved me and even without our babies, you will still be here. But I was wrong, Myungsoo. So wrong. Did you enjoy ing her, Myungsoo? Was she good? Was she better than me? I thought that you were another reason for me to live but I guess it's only my sister now." Hee Young finished and L tried to defend himself by telling her that she misunderstood everything but she cut him off.

"Just... get out, Myungsoo. I don't wish to talk to you now. Maybe in future but not now. I am still not prepared to face you. Please.. just.. get out." She faced the other way and L gave up. He sighed and nodded.

"Okay." He said and turned her face by the chin. "Just let me do something I've been dying to do for the past few days.." Before she could reply him, his lips landed on hers and pulled away almost too quickly for her to push him away. "Thank you, Hee Young." He said and turned to walk out of the ward. "Just one last thing, I'll be back again tomorrow." He whispered and went out of the ward.

"Did you realise you haven't once told me 'I love you'? I bet you didn't.. that just proved how much I meant to you.." Hee Young muttered and closed her eyes. 'Hye Mi.. I miss you. Unnie misses you. I need your bubbly and positive mindset now.. when will I see you?' She thought.

 

L went back to his car and went in the driver seat. He groaned in frustration and slammed his both hands down on the steering wheel. A loud horn sounded throughout the hospital carpark and Tiffany held his hands from the passenger seat.

"You okay?" She asked, peering at his face. "How did it go? Did she woke up?"

L sighed and shook his head, pulling his hands out from hers. "I'm not at all okay, Tiff. She woke up.. and she wasn't too happy about it. I had a talk with her and she misunderstood us." L explained.

"Yeah.. I know.." She said. "And that was the reason for the slap the other day.." She whispered to herself and L didn't caught what she said. He was too busy thinking. "You want me to go down and explain it to her?" She asked and her hand went up to the door lock, when she was about to leave the car, L held her back.

"Don't. There's nothing you can do. I tried explaining it to her but she didn't want to listen. She said not now." L said but Tiffany insisted, wanting to get out of the car so L yanked her back. "Don't." He said lowly again. "You've done enough damage in my life already. Don't go irritating Hee Young as well. Mind your own business and you're safe." L said and buckled his seatbelt. "Buckle up. I'm sending you home." He said and she obeyed his orders.

So that night, L sent Tiffany home and went back to his own home as well. However, before Tiffany entered the front gates, L called out to her. "Thanks for accompanying me tonight, although it was my parents' orders. However, this does not mean we're on good terms. I still have a bad impression of you for coming into my life at it's finest suddenly." Before she could reply, he sped off. A small smile crept onto her face and she timidly wave at the passing car.

"You're welcome, Myungsoo. I've always got your back since young, have you forgotten? I hope you've got my back as well when time reveals everything.." Tiffany softly said and went into her house.

 


 

"WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!" Hee Young screamed at L's parents. They bit their lips in guilt and repeated once more.

"We.. don't need you anymore, Honey. You've done a very good job in changing Myungsoo and we appreciate it a lot." L's father said and Hee Young pulled the IV drip out from her hand and grabbed his collar.

"What do you mean you don't need me anymore?! Huh?! I came with good intentions and for who knows why I fell in love with your son. And now, you're breaking us apart?! I thought even with his heart changed, you two would support me and him! So it was a plan between you two?! You two set him up for this?!" She kept shaking L's father and he held her hands in his, pulling her off his collar.

"Calm down, Hee-"

She cut him off. "How do you expect me to be calm in a situation like this?! You're saying that I have to leave here for good just to avoid Myungsoo and see him get married with another girl because I am not up to your standards! Haven't you thought of the consequences before you decided on who to set him up with?! You just brought me in by seeing my character and not my status and when someone higher says you need to find another girl, you change your decision?! Why?! Why?! I have already lost everything now! I lost my babies! And now Myungsoo too? My sister isn't even by my side!" Hee Young screamed and L's father held her shoulders, looking into her eyes.

"I'm really sorry but I can't back out now. I've already signed a contract with the Hwangs.. Myungsoo agreed to it too." L's father said and Hee Young looked at him in the eyes.

"Are you sure? Is it true?" She turned to his wife and she nodded in response.

"Hee Young, haven't it occurred to you that he hadn't once express his love in words?" And then, she thought back to what she realised yesterday. L never once said 'I love you' to her.

"It did.." She mumbled and L's father nodded.

"That's the answer you need. You aren't needed here anymore.. I'm really sorry but me and my wife really loved to have you as our daughter-in-law but.. the situation doesn't allow it."

"What about my sister? She needs.. money for her treatment.. I can't.. just leave." She shamelessly hinted she needed money.

"About your sister..." This time, L's mother butted in. "Promise me you'll keep calm about this." Hee Young waited for her to speak. "To be honest, she didn't go to America for treatment.. she did at first but.. she couldn't make it. She died.. she isn't on Earth anymore, honey."

Hee Young pushed her away when she was about to hug her. "What are you saying?! My sister isn't dead! SHE ISN'T! You!" She pointed at L's father. "You told me she was doing well in America! What bull are you saying?!" She cried.

The couple tried calming her down but she wouldn't and feeling bad for her, L's father told the truth. "Hee Young.. she knew she was dying soon and she called me. She begged me to bring her away from you because she didn't want you seeing her die. She knew you would react this way. So please, live well for her." L's father pleaded with her and dug into his blazer, pulling out a paper. "This is a note from her. She asked me to pass it to you before she passed away. Read it, and live well. I'll be transferring you over to the hospital in New York, Sungyeol will be taking care of you over there. If you miss us, feel free to call us but not Myungsoo. I don't want him to think back of the past and don't move on. Do it for you, your babies and your sister. Just give us this chance to help you. A thousand apologies won't express how sorry we are for you and the guilt is eating us up but we have to do it for Myungsoo. Think of it as your present to him. Do it for him, will you?"

Hee Young sighed, giving up. "I will.." She said and L's parents nodded. 

"We will be leaving now. Your clothes are already over in New York." They said and she just nodded lifelessly.

 

After the couple left, Hee Young laid back in the bed with a pillow supporting her back and she opened the letter her sister wrote to her. She on the bedside lamp as it was getting darker and read it.

Dear unnie,

UNNIE! How are you? I miss you badly, ): Days and days of not seeing you is tormenting me bit by bit.. Do you still remember the first time you held me in your arms when I was still a baby and you nearly dropped me? I can still clearly remember the time I cried and you actually stuck a bottle milk into my mouth thinking I wanted milk. I know you might be thinking that I was far too young to remember anything but I can. All these memories of us is slowly starting to fade day by day and I can feel myself starting to forget about events that happened just recently, much less few years ago. Before I start losing my memory, I had to write this letter. Just for an emergency you know? :D Excuse my bad spelling ><

Oh come on, don't cry. Remember my words, always look forward to the next day with a smile, whether or not you're feeling sad, angry or just plain depressed. I can feel that my time to meet Umma and Appa is coming nearer and I just wanted to write you my last letter.. You've been a great sister to me throughout the years of our growth, always working non-stop just to pay for my treatment. You even went ahead and auditioned for changing L's ual preference, although I had not expect you to agree to be honest. Well, I'm just really glad you went because.. YOU GOT CHOSEN! Which made me really happy. I was sure you are able to change L, with just your persistent itself. You might not realise but many people do. As cliched as it sounds, you have the purest heart a person can ever find. You have the will one needs and the beauty to captivate anyone.

I wanted to make sure that someone would be there for you when I won't be and that the person who would take care of you would be a person that would go beyond boundaries and risk their lives just for you. You are just that precious, unnie. I am sure that the one person who would do this would be L. I can see in his eyes the day he came that he is a keeper. Although I hope that no obstacles will be blocking the two of you from being together, I can't be sure. So, just an advice. Even if the world is against the two of you, even if you two turn your backs on one another, no matter how much your pride says no, stick with one another. A true love will blossom between the two of you. I dreamt of it, unnie.

Enough of that gay guy, I want some time to talk to my sister too! So anyway, don't be too sad when I am gone because I will be living in your mind, your heart and your soul. Just think of it... as a normal day. I don't want tears to be dripping when you realised I'm gone. I want a smile, unnie. A bright, genuine smile from you. I don't like tears, I hate tears. I have been seeing them from you ever since you found out about my illness and I don't like it one bit. You have always been living for me so when I am gone, for once, think for yourself, live for yourself, unnie. That is the only thing you can do for me. I'll be happy. I get to see umma and appa while you don't.

I get to have freedom! I get to be free from all kind of pain. I don't have to suffer like humans do. I'll feel free. Promise me something will you? From today onwards, after you've seen my letter, don't cry. Smile every single passing day and laugh at least three times a day. Live for yourself and don't care what others think. If you think something belongs to you, fight for it with courage.

Alright, I got to go. I can hear umma and appa calling me already >< Remember your promise to me! Although I can't hook pinkies with you, I assume you've already promised me! I'll be really mad if you break your promise, really really mad! :@ You see me?! Really mad! I love you, unnie. Forever and always.

Kisses and hugs,

Hye Mi.

When Hee Young was done, she found the letter with drops of water and she knew she crying. Remembering her 'promise' with her sister, she quickly wiped her tears and smiled. Although it was forced now, she was sure to bring a genuine smile on her face soon. And then, she laughed loudly three times.

'I love you too, Hye Mi. And yes, I know what belongs to me. I'll fight for what I believe is mine. Thank you, I'll meet you in future as my sister again. For the next life, and the next life after and the next next life after. I won't cry, I'll smile everyday. Rest well, my little sis.' Hee Young thought and kept the letter in her purse.

A knock was heard on the door and it slide opened. A head peaked in and the door fully slide opened.

"Miss, we got to go. Young master is on the way." The man reported and she nodded, getting off the bed and wore her shoes, following the man out.

Before she got into the car, she looked back at the hospital building once again.

'I will be back. Not in the hospital. I will be back for you, Myungsoo. Stronger than ever even if you don't want me anymore.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

So.. Hee Young is on the way to meet Sungyeol soon and... there will be a lot of chapters with L and Hee Young apart. Get ready for the ULTIMATE DRAMA. MUAHAHA! I sound evil here:/

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY SUBBERS! OMFG, SERIOUSLY?! I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. EXO M KNOWS AFF?! KILL ME NOW. https://twitter.com/DorkyInspirit/status/283461786429190144/photo/1

Comment and subscribe:D!