Chapter 63.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

Right after L left the hospital, he went running out of the building, flagging for a cab to get home and get his passport along with some clothes. Not long after he raised his arm, a cab stopped right in front of him. Hurriedly, he opened the door and got into the backseat. After he closed the door and said his address, the cab drove off.

When he reached the mansion, he got off the cab and slammed the door closed. He had asked the cab to wait for him as he wanted to go to the airport later. Once L got in the house, his parents stood up from the couch hastily and walked over to him.

"How's Tiffany?" His mother asked but he didn't reply her. Instead, he headed up to his room and dragged one luggage out. He went through his drawers as he threw stuffs out of the way while finding his passport. Just as he was taking his clothes out and putting them inside the luggage, his parents were at his room door. Seeing that he was practically throwing clothes into his luggage, his mother asked, "Son, where are you going?"

This time around, L replied his mother. "I'm going to find Hee Young." He didn't looked up while speaking and so, he did not see his parents frowning in disapproval.

"What do you mean you're going to find Hee Young? She won't be meeting you anymore." His father asked, confused.

"Oh yeah?" L slammed his luggage and locked it before turning to his parents. "Why? Because you guys told her to pretend not to know us? Not to know me? Because you gave her a big sum of money to get lost?" His parents gasped. "Well, surprised, aren't you? A nurse heard what you were telling Hee Young the other day. I'm really disappointed in you guys. I told you I needed by her by my side but you guys just didn't bother how I felt when I was talking to you, didnt you? I agreed to your stupid plans and went by your bidding but not anymore. Not after what you've gone back against. Tiffany has her own happiness to seek too so stop playing around with us by setting us together in a marriage. We don't love one another, I won't love anyone but Hee Young so I'm going to bring her back here and make her my wife, whether you like it or not." He took his luggage and a handcarried bag before he brushed past his speechless parents.

Once he went down the stairs and was about to head out the door, his father spoke with authority in his voice, "You take another step and you're no longer part of the Kim family, you hear me? You are going no where."

L scoffed and took a step. Now, he was out of the house. "I had enough of all these . I am going. Till then, goodbye, Mr Kim." L then closed the door behind him and walked cooly towards the cab, entering it without even turning back once.

 

"Is this really our son?! Where did my well-behaved son go to?! Did you swap him with another child when he was born?!" L's father shouted as he turned to his wife.

"You know what? I think for once, our son is right. We've done wrong and went too far. You're blinded with wanting to be always on the top. It's time we give our son some slack. We shouldn't interfere with his love life anymore, I think it's enough now. Besides, Hee Young's a nice girl." His wife snapped at him but in a more nicer tone.

"You're siding him too? I really don't know what to say. I don't wish to talk right now, my head hurts so I'm going to bed. We'll talk about this tomorrow." L's father started walking into the room.

"You know what I said is making you think twice." He stopped walking and he was standing still on the steps of the stairs. "I know you want to give our son a beautiful love story, just like ours. Just like how we fought for our love. He reminds you too much about our past, doesn't he? You created white lies about our marriage to him because you wanted him to believe that arranged marriage could end up being happy too. But you know not all arranged marriage will end up happy. Because we all marry at a young age when we're in a arranged marriage and we tend to rush into our actions. We're not all grown up yet and we would argue a lot and lots of disagreement will be made. What he's doing now is almost the same as what you did when our parents were in the same position too. You walked out of the family just for me. However, do you really want him to end up being like you? Walking out on your family, creating a name for yourself, suffering and withering in the cold out there and still too ashamed to acknowledge your family, can you bear to see him suffer like this? Do you want him to be like you? Always following what others tell you so you'll stay at the top?" His hands balled up into a fist so tight that his knuckles were turning white. "Think about it. I'm sleeping. You can sleep outside on the couch tonight and come back in when you've thought of the right decision." His wife finished and brushed past his shouders, bumping them in the process.


"Thank you." L thanked and paid the driver before getting out and taking his luggage. He rushed into the airport and bought the earliest flight to New York. It was three hours before his flight and he waited at the seats nearby, checking his watch at times.

'Wait for me, Hee Young. I'm coming for you. This time, I'm chasing you, not the other way around.' L thought and smiled at his plane ticket.

After three hours, he checked in and was waiting for the gates to be open so he could enter the plane. As he was waiting, he went around the duty-free shop out of boredom. He stopped at one particular shop when he saw something.

Once he entered, a staff came up to him. "Hi, how can I help you?"

"Oh yes, I saw that chain outside, can I get that?" L pointed to the display outside and the staff went to take it out.

"You mean this cuffs? They're actually for display only, they're not for sale." The staff explained. The cuffs had a chain that was broken in the middle so that a couple could wear it. It was something like a bracelet except more unique.

"Can't you sell them to me? Please, I need this badly. I want to give them to my girlfriend for our wedding gift. Please, you can name any price." L pleaded and the staff thought about it for a while.

"Can you give me a minute? I'll ask my boss to come talk to you."

"Yeah, sure."

"Meanwhile, please take a seat over there." The staff gestured to a seat and he nodded.

 

***

Not long later, the boss came out and looked all over the shop for that one person that was asking to buy the cuffs.

"Sir?" The man spoke and L stood up immediately. The man stretched his hand out for a handshake and L returned the favor. "I heard you wanted to buy the cuffs that were on display."

"Yes, can you? Please, it'll be really meaningful if you can." L looked sincerely into the boss' eyes.

"Just one question, why the cuffs? There are rings, there are bracelets and necklaces, why the cuffs? Wouldn't it be weird?" The boss tilted his head as he asked. From far, a woman dressed with expensive clothings and bags were walking in.

"I believe I know why you created these cuffs. They are made of fine quality too. Who would spend that much on just cuffs? You made it not to sell, but to show your wife that is walking in that your love for her is forever chained to her and although to others, she might not be the best but to you, she is always made of the best qualities you could ever find in a woman which explains the material used, am I wrong? It's the same reason why I want these cuffs. My girlfriend doubts my love for her. I need to show her that I will only be able to love her and only her. What you've made, is one masterpiece, sir." At once, the boss smiled.

Right at that time, the woman that was wearing branded goods, walked up to him and hooked her arms with him. His smile got bigger and he turned to kiss that woman on his lips. "Very nice and simple explaination. You were right but how did you know that this amazing woman was my wife?"

"You made two sets of cuffs, sir. The other ones are on your wrist and your wife's." L pointed to the man's wife's wrist. "You two must have a beautiful marriage and love."

"Young man, I'll give them to you. I've seen no man at your age that has such belief in love. You earned my respect. I'll have them packed but just before that, can I know your name and your girlfriend's?"

"I'm Kim Myungsoo and my girfriend is Baek Hee Young. Thank you, really." L bowed at the man and his wife.

"You're very welcome. I have a special gift for you too." The boss said and smiled at his wife who smiled later after the man had whispered into the woman's ear.

"Just to thank you in future, can I know your name?" L asked and the man chuckled.

"I'm Kim Songbok. Ask your father, he'll know me."

"Oh, are you my father's friend?"

"No, I'm someone much closer." The man chucked and patted L's shoulders. "Here, I have them all packed and done." The man passed the bag with the cuffs in it over to L.

"Once again, thank you. I have to go now, the gates are opened and I need to catch the flight."

"Sure. And oh, tell your father, come home to see his parents. They're both not very well now and they wish to see him before they die. They've been nagging at me a lot to bring him over but I am a little afraid to see him now."

"Sure! I will after I'm back." L said and went out from the shop.

Once L was in the plane, he took out the box with the cuffs and looked at it once again. Then, he saw something. There was a engraving.

'My love will always be chained to your heart.'

- Kim Myung Soo

 


Author's Note:

Updating from Taiwan^^ Wrote this yesterday morning at 4am x.x Hope it's alright~