Chapter 60.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

 

 

Three years had passed now. In just one more day, Tiffany would official be 'Mrs. Kim'. Throughout these three years, no matter how much L tried ways and means to break off the engagement and marriage, it didn't worked. These three years, the Hwangs and Kims were both busy preparing for the big day of their child. Just a year ago, news got out that the two big families were marrying a year later. Being the big icon, news spreaded far until it reached Hee Young.

No, this couldn't happen. She strived so hard and was about to reach where she wanted to be, just two years more.. but why did the marriage got brought forward?! So, everything was useless now? Everything she did, were all not of use anymore? She had to see the guy she loved, marry another girl after she tried so hard to change him?

She couldn't stop and go back to Korea to stop the marriage, there were important things she needed to do in New York and she didn't had the time to go back to Korea. So that was it, L.. was going to marry another girl. It was the end for the both of them. This, was the ending for Hee Young and L's love story.

 

The night before the big day, both Tiffany and L shifted in their beds. One was thinking whether she could survive the next day. The other, was dead, on the inside. So eventually, he still lost the battle and was a puppet for those upper hands to play with.

Morning came and Tiffany got up from the bed, going to prepare herself. When she came out, her hands were shaking terribly and she kept swallowing her saliva, nervous about later. There were knockings on her room door and she went to open it. The servants bowed at her and she nodded. They then proceeded to move the dress and make up into her room. She closed the door but before it got shut entirely, she caught L's eyes from opposite her room door, staring at her with a questionable look. She ignored it and shut the door, walking and going in front of the dressing mirror.

The servants started on her make up and were putting foundation on her face skin. She stared at her reflection in the mirror right in front of her and a small smile crepted onto her face.

'Hey, Tiff. Do you think what you're doing now would be the greatest gift for Soo? Do you think he'll like what you prepared for him? It's finally the time to act out your plan.' She spoke in her mind. 'You're beautiful. I just hope you'll survive later to be able to wear this dress and walk down the aisle with him after all these is done.'

"Miss, can you close your eyes? I need to put the eyeshadow on." Without replying, Tiffany shut her eyes. The servant then started to put the eye shadow on her. Feeling relax for that moment, Woohyun suddenly flashed across her eyes. She remembered what he told her over the phone the night before he went to sleep.

"Mi Young, I don't know what you plan to do and whether you'll finish the ceremony and officially be Myungsoo's wife but I just want you to know, I'll be here as long as you need me. I know you love me and that's all that matters. Returning his favor, I'll respect whatever decision you make. If you decide to marry him and he bullies you, tell me. Friend or not, I'll cut his balls and feed it to the dogs in my backyard, okay? Be happy, I'll see you in that beautiful white dress tomorrow. Mi Young,"

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"You can open your eyes now. I'll put on some lipstick and we'll be doing your hair." She opened her eyes and once again, stared at her reflection. Would he be mad if he knew what she had planned later on? If risking her for future happiness of others, she was willing to do it at any cost.

Soon, the servants were doing her hair. Would her father be happy to see her marry not because he didn't want to see her but because his little girl was growing up and finally marrying someone? Those memories that she had spent with him when she was young, those memories where her family would go on a picnic and sit under the tree, reading stories and her parents kissing, not afraid that it would taint her innocent mind. Those young girly giggles when L . Those admiring eyes whenever she stared at Woohyun doing something she couldn't. She was now a big girl and she made the biggest decision a friend would ever do for a returned favor.

Her hair was done, her make up was done. Now all she needed to do was wear that white dress resting on her bed. That beautiful white dress.. was a gift from her late mother. The servants left her alone in the room and she sat next to the dress, caressing the laces. A tear slipped from her left eye and landed on her left hand.

"My beautiful baby girl. You're like the Sun. Everyone knows you're there but they can't look at you because you're oozing with confidence that blinds them. Someday, I hope you'll marry someone you really love and wear that white dress I gave you. I will be there watching you, hand in hand with the man you love."

"Omma, are you watching with a smile from above right now?" Tiffany muttered and got up from the bed. "Except, I'm not marrying someone I love." She took the dress and slipped off her robe, wearing the dress and zipping it up. She went in front of the mirror to look at herself.

"Aigoo! My daughter looks so pretty!"

"Am I?" She asked herself.

She turned to the door when someone knocked on it. She walked towards the door and opened it slowly. Suddenly, a hand came in and held the door, opening it wide before slipping in and shut the door behind him.

"We have our last chance, we can run, we can go somewhere far while they're busy. Let's go!" The man said and pulled her wrist along with him towards the door.

Before the door could fully open, she pulled her wrist back and slammed the door shut. The man jumped and turned around, glaring at her. "Stop playing around, Soo. How far and how long can you run away from reality? Our life has always been played with by the ones that are stronger. If we run now, how long can we run? Five years? Ten years? What? Twenty years? You know that by running, it won't solve the problem. It never will."

"How would you know if you'd never try?! I told you, I won't marry you!"

"My mother tried once, it didn't work. So she ended up with my father and with time, their love blossomed. We can be like them too. No use trying to run, Soo. Just accept it and face it. You're marrying me." Tiffany said and walked passed him, bumping his shoulders and going out of the room.

L slipped down and held his head. It hurt from all the thinking. And the only solution he was able to come out with, was to run. How far, he didn't care. He just didn't want to marry someone he didn't love.

 

Right now, they moved over to their wedding location. Somewhere with grass, flowers, a river and sun. It was the exact setting like how her father married her mother. Her father wanted to live that moment again. There was a road, not far from the stage. The road were filled with cars, many cars. They were driving past the location every second.

L looked at his wrist watch and sighed. This was the ending for him. Many reporters and television broadcaster came too. He wonder if Hee Young was watching.

And she was. Her hands trembling and her thumb nail in between her teeth, biting on it. Jessica was beside her, watching the news too. Every now and then, she would look over at her friend to check if she was okay.

In L's waiting room, Tiffany knocked on the door and came in with a bottle of water in her hands. L glared at her, not speaking. The members of Infinite glanced at L before glancing at Tiffany. She kept the same calm face and looked at the members.

"Guys, would you mind if I have a word with him first?" She didn't need to name who 'him' was. They all knew. Woohyun stared at Tiffany for a little too long before nodding.

"Let's go." Woohyun said and went out with the members.

Once they were out, Tiffany took slow steps towards L. When she right in front of him, she passed the bottle of water to him but he smacked it away. She didn't do anything but gave a small smile.

Getting irritated with her presence, he spoke, "What do you want?" coldly.

"Let's have a small talk before the ceremony starts shall we? We haven't had one in ages."

"And why should we?"

"Because I might not be able to survive for another small chat soon." This time, L frowned and turned to her.

"What do you mean?"

"So, you found out where Hee Young was. How do you like the setting? I like it because my Omma and Appa had their wedding like this too. Hmm.. I suddenly want some ice cream. What do you think? You want some too?"

"This is not what I'm asking."

"Right.. So, do you hate me now? Cause I think you do seeing you haven't be talking to me for years."

"Mi Young." L warned.

"Listen. I just want you to know I never regret meeting you. Or Woohyun. You guys are the two very important person next to my mother and father. If I don't managed to survive, do me a favor will you? Well, not exactly a favor because I won't be able to repay you if I die. Just like nineteen years ago, take care of Woohyun for me. And if I don't managed to survive, go and seek your happiness. That's my present and my returned favor for you. Also, tell my father that after all these years, although I wasn't the best daughter in his eyes and although he didn't really like me after my mother's death, he is still my father and I love him."

"Why are you saying all these?" Tiffany didn't replied him. Instead, she her heels and picked the bottle of water up, shoving it to him.

"I'm nervous too so don't think that I'm very brave to do this. To be honest, I'm scared to death." She started to take steps towards the door. With every step, she spoke, "I," Another step. "Will," Another step. "Miss," Another step. "You." The final step. She turned around to face him from the door and smiled. "I wish you happiness, Soo." Then, she went of the room.

L was confused. Why was she saying all these? It was their wedding day, not her death day. The members of Infinite came in and told him it was time to go to the aisle. He took his suit jacket and went out of the room. He waited at the end of the aisle for Tiffany.

Not long later, Tiffany appeared, her arm hooked in her father's. As she took each step foward, L can't help but noticed that she was trembling. Was she that nervous on her wedding day? Still, the small smile on her face didn't fade.

 

 

Hee Young who couldn't bear to see the news anymore, shut the television off and went into her room without any word which stunned Jessica.

 

 

All of a sudden, when Tiffany and her father was almost reaching the center of the aisle, she paused and whispered something into her father's ear. L saw her father frowned before nodding. Tiffany unhooked her arm from her father's and bended down to fix her heels before coming back up. Then, she whispered something into her father's ear again and this caused an even deeper frown on her father's face. It was really confusing the audience and L.

Tiffany and her father was almost reaching the center of the aisle, she paused and whispered into her father's ear. "Hold on. My heels kind of have a problem. I'll fix it." Her father frowned and nodded. Tiffany unhooked her arm from her father's and bended down to fix her heels before coming back up. Then, she whispered into her father's ear again. "Appa, I love you~ Don't forget it!" This caused an even deeper frown on her father's face. Her eyes catched the incoming vehicle on the road near the aisle and she counted her timing. She closed her eyes and sighed before opening them.

"Thank you for coming on this special day everyone!" She shouted before she did something that made everyone gasped before screams and shouts could be heard.

 

 


 

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUN! What will happen?! So, people who judge Tiffany for being bad, you might change your perspective on her now.. or not? But you will, the next chapter! On the side note, did anyone cry on this chapter? Because I sure did used some tissue while writing!:/ You really have to thank Sistar19 for coming out such song that was able to make me come here to write ><

Comment and subscribe:D!