Chapter 43

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

 

Couple of hours later, the doctor came out from the ER and walked towards L and his parents. He took off his mask and looked at them sadly. "Which of you is the babies' father?" The doctor asked and L stepped forward, his parents behind him. The doctor shook his head at them. "I have one good news and one bad news. Which do you want to hear first?" The doctor asked and they all looked at one another.

"Either one will do." L answered and the doctor looked at his parents before looking back at L.

"The bad news is, you've lost all three babies. The good news is the babies' mother is still alive. However, she is still in coma." The doctor said and everyone gasped, except L.

L's parents cried when they heard the news. Months of being together, memories spent together, all gone now. L lost his soul. It was his fault. His fault that Hee Young had to suffer this. His fault that he couldn't protect her. Why did he even asked for a this night?

"What caused this?" L's voice barely a whisper.

The doctor turned to him and slit his eyes. "Don't you know? Are you really that stupid? It's my first time seeing a father who is so irresponsible!" The doctor scolded L.

L looked up with angered eyes. "How do you think I'll know? No one told me! I am not irresponsible! I love my children and my wife. I love them. Why do you think I would want to kill my babies?!" L pulled at the doctor's collar.

"Really? Tell me, what did you do before this happened?" The doctor asked and L slowly let loose of the doctor's collar.

"I breathed into her.." L whispered softly.

"THAT was what caused an air embolism. A blockage of a blood vessel by an air bubble when you blow into a pregnant woman's womanhood. You ought to know better. She's in room 13." The doctor said and walked off.

Once again, the strong willed L had cried. He was the actual cause of his babies death. He killed them indirectly. How will he ever forgive himself? Although they weren't expected to come in the first place, he had learnt to love them over the past few months.

Just then, L's father's phone rang and he picked it up. "Yeobuseyo?" He answered. Then, there was a loud voice over the phone.

"What is it that I hear the girl's pregnant?! Get rid of the baby! Kill it, abort it, DO SOMETHING. The baby WILL NOT arrive into this world, you hear me? The representative shouted.

L chuckled when he heard the representative's words. He walked over and took the phone from his father's hands before his father could speak.

"Is everything in my life a game to you? Am I a toy to you? Am I your puppet? Do I need to listen to everything you say? Why can't I have my own life and decide things for myself? Don't worry, we need not abort or kill my babies anymore because I killed them. Are you happy? You have one less trouble now. Go on, give me more assignments to do. After all, I am not a human being to you, right?" L said sadly over the phone.

His parents gasped and his father quickly took the phone from his hands. His father gestured his wife to bring L to Hee Young's room first. She nodded and guided L to Hee Young's room. After L's father was sure that his son was gone, he put the phone back to his ear and answered it.

"Excuse me?!" The representative shouted.

"Sorry for my son's behaviour Sir. However, I do agree with him. I will do what I promised but from now on, I hope you won't be interfering in my family's business." His father hung the phone and smiled.

"Just once more, after this is done, you're free, my son." He whispered and headed for Hee Young's ward.

 

When L entered the ward, he immediately ran to Hee Young's bed and took her left hand in his, rubbing it against his cheek. L's mother shook her head sadly while looking at them in a corner. L used his free hand and caressed her cheeks. His heart ached from the pain of losing his flesh and blood and from seeing Hee Young's pale and weak face. She was just there, lying on the bed, eyes closed with no movements from her body whatsoever. The only thing that told him that Hee Young was still alive was the life monitor at the side, beeping steadily to her heartbeat. The doctor hadn't told him how long would she be asleep for. He hoped that it wouldn't be too long.

He wants to apologised, apologise for causing their babies' death. Apologise for causing her pain, apologise for not being able to protect her. To seek forgiveness from her. "Hee Young..." L mumbled with a drop of tear slipping down his cheeks. "I'm sorry.. I am really, really, really sorry. A thousand sorry(s) won't be able to explain how sorry I am. I am a murderer, a killer." He struggled out and buried his face in the bed. "Why... why did I even suggest us to make love? Why?!" L choked on his saliva.

"Myungsoo.. it's enough.. You don't have to keep blaming yourself. You don't know either." L's mother pulled him up from the bed and leaned him back on the chair. "There, my son. I miss them too but maybe this fate. I am sure they'll be overlooking you and Hee Young's love from heaven." She consoled her son.

L's father entered the ward too and sighed, going over to his wife and son. He cast a glance at his wife and nodded before giving his son a fatherly hug. L cried in his father's chest, trying to feel better. It did, but the pain in his heart was still there.

After an hour in the ward, looking after Hee Young, L fell asleep with a tear-stained face, his hands still holding Hee Young's left hand in his and his face facing towards her head. Over at the couch, L's mother lay her head on her husband's shoulder. "What do we do now?" She asked her husband while looking at her son and Hee Young.

"We'll have to continue with our plans." L's father said and his wife pulled back, looking horrifically at her husband.

"What?!" She hissed softly, careful as to wake her son up.

"We have no choice, Yeobo. This is the last and final time we're going to listen to other's orders. We've sign the contract of marriage and we can't back out. Not unless the other party backs out." L's father tiredly looked at his wife.

She too, sighed and nodded her head. "I guess we only have that choice.. It's lucky the Hwang's daughter is a nice lady. Or I don't think I'll be able to tolerate being nice." She said.

"We'll act when he's not around her. That is the only time for us to move her away." L's father said and his wife nodded again.

L woke up from the voices his parents made and he looked up them. Sensing he was awake, his parents looked at him too.

"Come on, get up. You need to go home and rest too." L's mother said as she pulled L up from the chair.

"No. I'll stay here. I want to be with Hee Young until she wakes up. I want to be the first person she sees when she's awake." L insisted and pulled his arms back.

"Son, don't be sill-"

"No, Yeobo. It's okay. Let's just let him stay here. I'm sure that's what Hee Young wants too. We can bring him clothes to get washed up in the hospital." L's father interrupted his wife. He gave a her a look that said 'It's not time.' His wife nodded and went to her husband.

"We'll get going. Call us if you need anything. I'll bring your clothes tomorrow." L's father said and L nodded. He left the ward after that.

L turned back to Hee Young and took her hands. "My dream came true.. This was the nightmare I dreamt about. Never had I expected it to be true.. Wake up soon, okay? I've decided to make you mine now. My heart is clear, I love you, Hee Young. I love you so wake up, okay?" L kiss her forehead and sat back down on the chair. After not long, L fell asleep with his head on the bed. However, deep in his head, he heard babies giggling and three different young voices calling, 'Appa, we love you too. Don't be too sad. Have faith that we'll meet again on Earth someday. And that someday, we'll bring our siblings along too. Always keep the faith for infinity.'

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Tears, Tears! DAMN IT! I NEED TISSUES! /runs Don't kill me! I didn't say that the babies wouldn't die, I said they wouldn't abort the babies! /readers throw bricks at me. Get ready for more tissues:/

Comment and subscribe:D!