Chapter 49.

L's ual Preference (Unrated Ver.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hee Young got in the car and it drove off for the airport. Along the way, flashes of memories with L flashed across her eyes. One by one, tears started to slipped without her knowing. When she realised she was tearing, she shut her eyes and exhaled.

'Just this once, Hye Mi and no more.' She thought.

They drove past the Infinite building. 

"Sorry." The guy said, Hee Young stood back up straight and shook her head.

"It's okay." She said and started walking off.

The guy ran and walked beside her, heading into the building.

"Why are you here? I have never seen you around before." The guy said.

"Just for something. Anyway, why are you wearing glasses?" She asked him while pointing to his glasses.

"The Sun is glaring at me so I had to protect my eyes. I guess I'll be seeing you around then." The guy said and went into the lift.

She chuckled, that was when she first bumped into L. He looked so suave that time walking under the sun in his glasses.

"You! You were the one that bumped into me that day! I recognise your lips!"  Hee Young attracted the attention of L's parents and they looked at Hee Young again.

"So? Don't you have manners, pointing your fingers at someone higher than your level is being rude. I should have known better that you would be uneducated." L said coldly and his parents gasped in shock.

"M-myungsoo! What are you saying?!" His mother scolded.

"W-what? Y-you are so... different than what I t-thought you were." Hee Young stuttered and retracted her finger quickly.

"You don't even know me, stop acting like you do." L hissed.

"KIM Myung Soo." His father emphasised on the surname to show that he was pissed with L's attitude.

Ignoring his father, L walked to Hee Young and held her chin, examining her face.

"You're..," He paused. "Ugly, disgusting." He spat out.

Hee Young took it in and treated it as a compliment. With a smile, she responded,

"Thank you."

Hee Young shook her head. What had kept him that cold last time? One answer, afraid of losing his love. And then, recent memories started coming back to her. How he tortured her, how he pushed her away and how, they finally became friends. She shook her head to get rid of those thoughts and wiped her tears away.

"Enough of sobbing now. I'm one strong girl. I won't give up that easily." She whispered to herself and took out the two very precious thing from her pocket. The bracelet and the necklace. "Time to let you go now." She muttered and slide the window down, throwing it out from the car.

What she hadn't known was that the two very important and precious thing to the two of them, landed somewhere near someone's foot. The car drove away and at that moment, L felt something below his feet. He stepped back and looked at the ground. He saw something shiny and bowed down to pick it up. Bringing it up to his face, he saw the two things that he had forgotten long ago. His necklace and bracelet. It was one of a kind and it was the only one in the entire world. Obviously, the only person who had it was Hee Young because he gave it to her.

His head snapped up and saw the car's back fading far away. Horrified, he quickly ran after the car. He kept yelling 'Hee Young', 'Hee Young' but of course, it was of no use. Thinking it was stupid to chase after a car without confirming that it was indeed Hee Young in it, he gave up and sat at the sidewalk path.

The first place he thought of to go was the hospital. He quickly got up and flagged for a cab, getting into it and told the hospital's address.

 

Hee Young breathed out and took her passport from the guy. Without looking back even once, she confidently walked towards the departure gates and left. 'I'll see you again in five years time, Myungsoo. If I fail to complete my goal, I will not be back.' She thought.

 

When L went into the hospital, he went straight for her ward but when he barged in, he saw the nurse packing her bed.

"No, no, no!" He shouted and ran towards the nurse, pulling them away from the bed. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He roared at them and they winced, moving back.

"P-packing." They answered and he glared at one nurse.

"What for?!" He asked.

"T-the patient left a while ago.." She answered and L froze.

Reality hit him hard and his assumption just now wasn't wrong. It was indeed Hee Young. Why did she leave? Where was she going? Was she so upset and angered that she had to leave? If so, where will he find her?

When the nurse was folding the blanket, a note slipped out from underneath. Before the nurse could pick it up, he went for it.

'I will be back. Stronger than ever. Await for my comeback.'

Was all that was written on the paper. No sign, no name, no symbol, just these few words. Will she ever be back? How long did he have to wait? His phone rang and he picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" He answered the call and the line was silent until a shriek was heard. He pulled back and looked at the caller ID before putting it back to his ear. "Tiff, speak. I don't have time for you now."

"HEE YOUNG IS GONE. SHE LEFT SEOUL TWENTY MINUTES AGO!" Tiffany hollered over the phone and L's eyes widened. He rushed out of the ward and went to the emergency exit, going down by the stairs.

"What did you say?!" He asked exasperatedly.

"Hee Young! She left-"

"I'm going, talk to you later." He hung the phone and ran down the flight of stairs. For once, he was glad he knew Tiffany. For once, he was glad Tiffany's family was the one operating flights in the airport.

A call came again when he was in his car, ready to take off anytime. Hurriedly, he picked the phone up again.

"What is it?" He asked, starting the car with his hands and his phone stuck in between his shoulder and ear.

"Forget it, Myungsoo... She's gone already." Tiffany said weakly and L stopped whatever he was doing.

"What?! To where? Tell me!" L urged and he heard Tiffany clicking away.

"She's headed for New-" She got cut off and L held the phone tighter.

"Tiff, Tiff!" L called but she didn't answer.

Instead, he heard a woman reprimanding someone in the background.

"What are you doing?! Don't tell him you fool! It's great that the extra girl is gone! You should be celebrating instead of leaking information!" The woman screamed and a slap was heard. A very hard, loud slap.

He heard Tiffany's whimpering and he winced slightly. He had to admit, she was getting to him. Not in a romantic way but he figured she could be a friend. A good friend he needed when he needed someone to talk to. Just, maybe.

He held onto the phone, wanting to hear more of the conversation. "No! I am not happy! Are you happy breaking couples apart? I bet you enjoy doing that huh? Since you yourself did not end up in a happy marriage and ended up married to my father!"

"You.. idiot!" Another slap was heard.

"Stop slapping me you ! You ing moron! I'm going to tell my father about this! He's gonna have you cut up into pieces for touching his daughter!"

"Oh and how are you going to do that? Cry and run to him? You do know that I act very well too. I'm your father's favourite mistress for your information. He listens to me a lot."

"I'm going to call him now! Pass me my phone!" A sound made by the gush of air made L's ear listen attentively.

"There's no wa- What is this?! He's still on the phone?!"

"You're going to die when L tells my-" The line got cut off and L growled.

Tiffany got caught because of him. He had some sort of responsibility too. He threw his phone and drove off to the airport. Not for Hee Young but for Tiffany.

 

The door swung opened and a red face L came in. Just when Tiffany was about to get another slap across her face, the culprit was pushed against the wall with her neck choked.

He spat on the floor and leaned into the woman's face. "Nice to meet you, Mother-in-law. Very nice meeting you." L hissed.

"Who are you?" The woman kept hitting his head to get him to release her but he didn't. Instead, she got pushed into the wall further.

"Don't you know your Son-in-law? Oh, I forgot. Two-faced es like you don't bother checking up on stuff. I don't need to be a gentleman to woman like you too." He said and checked on Tiffany who was burying her face in her arms at a side. "How are you able to beat up your daughter like this? Just for the sake of her so-called happiness?" L asked, pointing to Tiffany and the woman scoffed.

"Don't remind me about her. She isn't my real daughter. She's the previous 's her father got married to's daughter. That worthless piece of sh-"

"Don't talk that way about my mother! She's nothing as low as you!" Tiffany cried, getting up and advancing towards her.

L was confused. He didn't know Tiffany's family was this complicated, though he knew Tiffany's dad had lots of mistress.

"What are you going to do? Slap me? Don't forget your secret is wi-" A slap went across her face and L stared at Tiffany in shock. Tiffany she herself was shocked too. She started backing away as she looked at her palm that slapped her step-mother. She had no choice. She didn't know what came over her. She only knew that the fact that woman was using her secret to threaten her pushed her over the edge. "Why you.." The woman started taking her phone out and was about to dial someone's number but L smacked it out of her hands and slammed her head hard against the wall, knocking her out.

"Let's go!" L shouted and pulled Tiffany along with him out of the room.

When they reached the rooftop, Tiffany was spacing out. She came back to Earth when she heard L's chuckle. She turned her head towards him and he looked at her too.

"You're.. different from what I thought you were going to be. I thought you were going to be naive and innocent like Hee Young too. You two are alike except for one point. You dare do things beyond what you can imagine but Hee Young can't. Very brave, I applause you for that."

Tiffany scoffed and punched his shoulders softly. "Yah.." She laughed and suddenly, L's face became serious.

"You never told me about your family. What exactly is wrong with your family? What was she talking back there? What secret?" L asked and Tiffany searched his eyes.

"You never once bothered listening to whatever I say. If I told you something now, you probably won't be believing me as well." Tiffany turned to the skies.

"If you don't try, you'll never know." L answered her and she shook her head, turning her head back towards him and patting his shoulders.

"You will know one day, Myungsoo. Everything that happened happens for a reason. I am here for a reason, whether it is for you, or for me. I have a secret, but you will know when the time is right. Now, is not the time. You still have yet to mature, Myungsoo. And I very well think you don't deserve Hee Young now." She told him seriously and he frowned.

"Why?" He asked, not getting why he wasn't worthy of Hee Young.

"You will realise it by then, the answer why. For now, if you want to know more about me, try searching your past. I am sure you are able to find your answers. I'll give you a starting point. 'Cry baby.' If you managed to find out who that is, I will give you another clue on where Hee Young is. That woman was half right, I shouldn't tell you where Hee Young is. You should earn the answer yourself." Tiffany finished and was about to walk off when L held her back by the wrist.

She looked down to their hands before looking back at him. "You have.. someone you like, right?" L asked and Tiffany smiled her eyesmile.

Slowly, she pulled away. "Yes. And he is a really, really, really nice person."

"That's good. I'm sure he is a lucky person to be able to have you like him. Sorry if I thought you were a brat before but after knowing you, you've changed my view on you. Friends?" L initiated and Tiffany shook his hands.

"I'll be going now." Tiffany waved and turned, leaving the rooftop.

"Be back soon, Hee Young. I'll try my best to find you too." L spoke to the skies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

NEW GRAPHICS~ How is it?(: I just want to ask something, am I getting further away from the title? Is it just me? I think it's drifting further away from the original concept...

Comment and subscribe:D!