Christmas bells (MiNayeon)

ONESHOT TWICE

The bells are ringing ding-dong, ding-dong

sleigh rushing along the snowy path,

in a heavenly round dance the crescent moon dances with the clouds,

blocking the bright stars behind their light.

My family and I made our way to the center of the city, because they were decorating a tree for the upcoming Christmas. For a long time, my whole family was complete, and I enjoyed every minute while my little hand squeezed the palms of my older sister. Everything around shone and shone, so beautiful that it even took your breath away. In the city center, besides us, many people admired the Christmas fairy tale. My eyes were turned to a girl dressed like a fairytale princess in all white with a cute knitted cap in the shape of a penguin. That girl was so serious, with a cute balloon, straight posture, black hair and a pretty constellation on her face. I wanted to see her smile, and I wanted her to smile because of me. I could fulfill such a desire myself, therefore, having gathered all the courage, I sat the first steps towards it.

That's how I first met you.

You will remember something completely different, talking about an eccentric girl with "hare" ears on her head and with the same smile that ran up to you, giving you a figure molded from snow.

- Unnie still claims that it was a penguin, but I only saw an elongated snow ball with some kind of eyes.

I remember that you smiled at me.

Then it was just a meeting, we became friends later, when I accidentally saw you walking along the school corridor, chatting cheerfully with your friends. Momo and Sana, they were the ones who helped us start the conversation. I will always be grateful to them.

You didn’t recognize me right away, you even avoided me, but I didn’t give up. One day Sana came up to me, smiled and handed me a note with a nice handwriting:

- Unnie, the next step is yours. MiNayeon is the best duet! If you need help, please contact me!

The note, in small handwriting, reads:

I remembered you, unnie.

And that's it, nothing more. But that was enough for me.

Literally, the next morning, in the school corridor, you stopped in front of me and shook hands in a friendly way, smiling shyly:

- Nice to see you again, Nayeon-unnie.

- I'm happy to know your name too, Mina. And then in my thoughts, I called you "Penguin".

Gradually, our feelings began to dominate romantic relationships, our views began to intersect more often, hugs more tender, words timid.

The first dates turned into evening dates and sleepovers at home.

The first kiss symbolically took place under the tree, in the city center, where friends invited to the Christmas party.

Momo then conspiratorially took me aside, pointed to the right corner, where there were the fewest toys on the Christmas tree, and said in a whisper:

- Invite Mina-chan to take a photo here.

-Why here? - I asked with curiosity, looking in the direction where no one took a photo.

- Just do it this way, - Momo left me unanswered, pushing Mina, who was walking toward us, with a hot drink.

I obeyed Momo, invited, took Mina in that direction, as soon as we began to take photos, our eyes noticed the mistletoe attached at the top.

- Do you mind, Mina? - I asked timidly, giving her a chance to refuse, but in response I received only a shy smile and a small step closer to me.

The first kiss is like sweet mulled wine, which is hard to refuse.

I wanted to drink it slowly, savoring every sip.

On the same day I asked to be my girlfriend and I remember your voice saying to me:

- Yes, I agree, Nayeoun-unnie.

Many years passed before we decided to live together. We finished school, university, started doing what we love, leaving almost no time for us.

But never thought to throw each other, never.

Together we went through all the hardships and hard times, in one such segment I asked her:

- Move in with me, Mina.

- Help me with my things, unnie, - was her immediate response.

What a joy it is to wake up next to the girl with whom I have been in love for so many years.

My Mina, now she is always with me.

There is only one last suggestion left to make.

Ding dong, the bells are ringing

Ding dong, ding dong

Sleighs rush along the forest path collecting snow flowers.

Ding dong, ding dong

Will a fairy tale knock on my door?

Let's check.

Christmas, Mina is waiting for me at the place where we met in childhood. I rush to the meeting, holding the treasured ring in my pocket. I'm nervous, worried, I don't know what to do if she refuses.

Mina watched Nayoung from the side, her smile shining brighter than the stars in the sky, warming the heart giving hope in a positive response.

Nayeon walks towards her, spellbound, admiring the girl, whose black hair is bridal in waves behind her back. Nayeon also noticed that Mina wrapped her cute little penguin scarf around her neck, which she gave her for her birthday. She had to work hard on him, but all the crocheted fingers were worth the loving smile and shining eyes of Mina.

Her heart was pounding loudly in her ears, her fingers were nervously squeezing the box, her step was getting closer until she was completely opposite Mina.

- Did you wait long, Minari?

- No, some 10 minutes, unni - the girl joked, taking Nayeon's hand, pulling her closer.

- I'm sorry, I was in a hurry, as I could, but traffic jams ...

- I'm just teasing, unnie. - Gaining courage, she leaned forward and gently kissed Nayeon's reddened cheek from the cold. - You're cold, you're trembling all over... 

- Mina, baby, I need to say something - taking a breath, taking a step back, getting on one knee, hesitantly asked: - Miyu Mina, you are my light, you are my melody, I am happy for every day that gives me you , I…

- Nayeoun-unnie, get up, the ground is cold right now. - Caring only for Nayeon to get up, Mina barely listened to the girl’s words, but the following words caught her attention:

- I love you, Mina. Be my wife!

Ding dong, wedding bells are ringing

Happiness knocked on my door

because then...

I finally heard the cherished:

- Yes, yes , yes !