Heat (Mina / DaHyun )

ONESHOT TWICE

It was a bad idea - DaHyun repeated to herself again , shivering in her black jacket, waiting for her friend to come on "their extraordinary friendly date."

It was her own fault, because she saw what the weather was outside the window, and still decided to be cool, dressed like a summer, although the temperature outside showed only +13. Now she was freezing, trying to hide behind the ledge of the wall of the house that stood in front of the building from which her friend was supposed to leave. Maybe she would have come closer, but the strong, cold wind piercing to the bones did not give her such an opportunity.

It was a bad idea - it flashed through my head again - and why did I act so stupid? Why not make a date at a café somewhere? Why exactly here, on the streets, opposite her office? What makes this place special?

Kind thoughts answered her last question:

“This is where your first meeting took place. It was here that you fell in love with her at first sight. And this is where you are going to talk about your feelings.

Yes, her best friend was not yet aware of her plans, but nothing, she will soon find out everything.

DaHyun only prayed that her feelings would be mutual.

Yes, and the meeting was comical, she is still a little ashamed. In a nutshell, DaHyun just bumped into her while running (late for work) and spilled hot, scalding coffee on her clean light blue blouse. And in order to completely embarrass herself, she began to wipe this stain with her own hands. Everything happened on the street and, of course, everyone began to gather around, making the situation even more awkward and embarrassing.

How she forgave her and how they became the best is still unclear, but DaHyun did not complain. Absolutely not.

*

People were coming out of the building, which meant that the work was over for today, DaHyun sighed inwardly with relief, Mina would come out soon and they could go to some cafe.

Taking the phone out of the pocket of my jacket, I found the necessary contact "Penguin", typed a text saying that she was already here, while feeling the guards' glances on her.

It was almost funny how they looked at her, as if she could be a threat. Although she assumed that her black outfit was reason enough for them to be suspicious.

Sighing, she let her eyes roam the lobby, watching people crowding around groups of friends standing together and talking animatedly. People constantly left the doors, but the one she was waiting for was not visible among them.

Of course, there is nowhere to rush, but DaHyun's heart longed to hear Mina's soft voice, to see a warm smile and to feel her touch on his elbow.

To be honest, today she had completely different plans, without going out. Tomorrow she has an important test, she needs to prepare, but after Mina called, asking for a meeting, all thoughts were absorbed only by her.

DaHyun could never refuse Miyu Mina's request (any request) .

A fact that confirms many months of their friendship.

*

Soon, all the office workers left the building, the directors were the last to leave, and Mina was still not there. DaHyun was not worried, because knowing her friend's business-like side, she knew that Mina was leaving work later than the others.

The guards stopped watching her, but she still felt a little uncomfortable, just stood there alone.

After another three minutes passed, DaHyun pulled out her phone again and started writing, but the sound of her heels pounding alone on the asphalt forced her to close her phone. The girl she was waiting for said goodbye to the guards, looking guiltily at her.

- DaHyun , I'm sorry that it took so long, just today turned out to be a very difficult day and evening - Mina apologized when she was next to the girl. - Have you waited long?

- No, not so long, do not worry - waved her hands DaHyun , smiling tenderly at Mina. From the very presence of Mina, she felt warm and comfortable.

- Why are you dressed like that? It's cold outside - Mina chided, taking a step closer, blocking the cold wind that swept past with force, touching the tops of the trees.

- I was in a hurry to meet you - an attempt to joke, but a reproachful look from Mina made me shrug my shoulders apologetically.

-Even so, you need to dress for the weather, DaHyun. - Mina’s expression became thoughtful for a second, then the girl’s hands quickly untied the scarf around her neck.

-No, no, Mina, you don’t…- All the resistance went away when Mina's hands were circled around her neck and her face was very close to DaHyun's (so close that she could feel the warm breath on her cheeks).

“Here, now you will be warm,” Mina’s voice said carefully, still being in DaHyun’s personal space .

“Thank you,” DaHyun whispered with bated breath .

There was a moment's silence, then both stepped back from each other, but not far, their hands still touching.

- Let's go on a date? DaHyun started to ask , but Mina interrupted her, intertwining her fingers with her left hand.

- I changed my mind about the cafe, let's go home. To your home.

A common request from a best friend, nothing unusual here. They often hung out with each other. Mina often stayed at DaHyun's house and vice versa. There is nothing to worry about, everything is absolutely normal.

So why can't my heart find peace?

I have to talk about my feelings.

There is no point in waiting any longer.

*

In order not to be embarrassed to remain silent, they conducted a dialogue about everything and at the same time about nothing. Soon, they found themselves near DaHyun's house , took the elevator to the second floor, and approached the apartment.

DaHyun opened the doors, letting Mina go ahead, gaining strength to utter the cherished words, when the next second Mina was right in front of her, pressing their lips into the sweetest and softest kiss.

-Mina…- DaHyun's voice whispered timidly .

-I'm tired of waiting, DaHyun, - Mina's quiet voice said shyly.

DaHyun gently ran her fingers through Mina's soft hair, looking into her friend's dear and beloved eyes, again lowering her lips to her sweet lips, kissing and savoring her, feeling her heart melt.

-Now you don’t have to wait, I’m here,- said DaHyun in a kiss , kissing Mina again.