Drabble - Dress for the ball (MiNayeon AU)

ONESHOT TWICE

1885

She was preparing for the ball, where, as her father said, she was supposed to meet her betrothed. She only saw his portrait (a small miniature with a tiny photograph). From what she saw: a handsome young man, with a courageous posture, smart (well-read), definitely not a rake (not a womanizer).
She turned 19 this month, by the standards of the Middle Ages she was considered an old maid.
Her two younger sisters were happily married to a lord and a duke. They were incredibly happy in marriage, their husbands adored, cherished and fulfilled any whim.
Father, after a trip to his old friend, who was also his business partner, reported at a family dinner (all relatives were present, i.e., 2 sisters with husbands, father's older sister, as well as father's younger brother, Baronet Pak) .
- It's time to marry you, my daughter. I closed my eyes for a long time, but it's time to settle down. I have found an excellent match for you, this young man is the son of my friend and partner, Lord Miyu.
- I need an educated husband, not a dunce, father. If he is, then why not get acquainted.
- You will have such an opportunity, Nayeon. Next week, on Thursday, there will be a Solstice Ball. We are invited.
“Then we need to urgently prepare the outfits, because the fact that everything in the closets is worn and worn many times,” the women at the table said excitedly, Nayeon just kept silent. They will decide for her this time.
And so it turned out. The women at the table decided that they needed to go to the tailor, choose the material, color for the future dress, order it.
- I know one such tailor, he is the best among all, - exclaimed Chaeyoung, Nayeon's younger sister. - Tell me, dear, you remember I told you about him.
- He doesn't charge much and my Chaeyoung is always great. I recommend it to you.
- Is he young? - with curiosity asked the father.
- No, he is not older than you, father.
- So, he's experienced. Ok, I agree.
- I’ll give you the address, sister, - Chaeyoung smiled, - or we can go there ourselves tomorrow.
- Tomorrow I’m free in the morning, Chaeyoung, - Nayeon replied with a smile.
- Great! Then tomorrow I'll pick you up.
Nayeon understood that marriage could not be put off any longer, her father turned a blind eye to her passion for writing adventure-style novels with a bit of a detective for so long (the romantic line was rarely shown in her books, but the books still went hand in hand).
“I can continue my work even when I am married. I can get my husband to let me. I'm sure our marriage will be perfect. You need to charm and fall in love with yourself, then you can twist ropes from him. I will allow myself to change clothes, make up, powder my nose, endure everything. The main result."
With these thoughts in mind, the next morning, Nayeon got into her sister's carriage and went to the tailor.
Near the boutique itself, Chaeyoung suddenly folded her hands and looked at Nayoung with pleading eyes:
Forgive me, but I can't go with you. I have another appointment. Let's meet here in two hours.
- Chaeyoung, are you cheating on your husband? - Nayeon pretended to gasp, which involuntarily made her sister laugh.
- Don't talk nonsense, sister. I love him too much to change. I'm just preparing a surprise for him for his birthday.
- Okay, go, but after 2 hours here.
The boutique turned out to be bright, spacious, it smelled pleasantly of flowers.
Nayeon, entering there, felt light and free, as if she had entered her own house.
There was no one in the room, but Nayeon heard voices, so she decided that the tailor was receiving a visitor, would be free and come.

The girl sat down on the sofa, took a magazine with a fabric offer from the table, began to examine and wait.
Indeed, after 15 minutes, a young woman came out with a satisfied expression, slightly flushed (it was stuffy in the room), followed by another girl, about the same age as Nayeon (maybe a little younger). They both saw her, only each reacted differently: the first scared, the second with a friendly smile.
- As we agreed, I will pick up my dress on Wednesday evening - the lady said businesslike.
- It will be ready by then, Lady Kim - then completely forgetting about her, she turned to the waiting Nayeon: - What can I serve you?
  - I came to Mr. Miyu. My sister agreed with him.
- Ah, you must be Lady Nayeon, father warned me. - She smiled wider, the girl extended her hand for a shake, - Nice to meet you, I'm Sharon Miyu.
Nayeon shrugged, and the answer, noting to herself that the palms are not so calloused, on the contrary, soft and smooth.
Her heart suddenly trembled in her chest, Nayeon did not want to take her hand away, but holding it for more than three minutes was not tactful.
- Is this your first time here, Lady Nayeon? Do you mind if I call you by your first name?
- No, it will be convenient.
- Then call me and you just by name.
- All right, Sharon.
Sharon, later became the new heroine of adventure. Nayeon couldn't get the image of her out of her head, the way she gesticulated, the way she smiled, the way she winked or squinted.
Those two hours flew by unnoticed, at least for her. The conversation went so easily, at ease, as if it was not a secular conversation at all. It felt like Nayeon had known Sharon for a very long time.
But no matter how much she strained her memory, she could not remember: black hair, constellations on her face, a sticky smile, broad shoulders, a noble posture.
They met throughout the week, talked about everything, not about the future dress. Nayeon herself wanted to spend as much time with Sharon as possible. She shared everything with her, because, in fact, she did not have any friends, except for her sisters.
Closer to the ball, Sharon suddenly said:
- Now we can start dressing, Nayeon. I'm ready to make a princess out of you. You will conquer everyone with your presence.
- To be honest, I would spend this time with you, Sharon. Can you be my date?
- They won't let me in, Nayeon, we've discussed this more than once. I am not equal to the nobles. Besides, you know what rumors will accompany you if they see you with me.
- Come on, Sharon, you're better than them! And I don't care what everyone thinks. One rumor more, one less, what's the difference.
- If you say so, I'll believe it, - she said shyly, blushing sweetly - and yet, in order to still get to this ball, you need to sew a dress. Let's take measurements - Sharon said, taking out a centimeter, she approached Nayeon.
They stood very close to each other, Nayeon clearly felt her closeness.
The next action took place as if under hypnosis. Nayeon's gaze caught on the mole above her upper lip and did not let go. Her lips beckoned, seemingly so soft, gentle. Nayeon reached out towards them, lightly touching them, feeling the delicate texture.

Nayeon's own lips were trembling, but even through the trembling, she felt the kiss back.
Then Sharon took a breath and Nayeon woke up, abruptly pulled away, not believing what had happened:
- I'm sorry, I... I... See you later, Sharon -" she called out as she cowardly ran out of the boutique.
Touching her fingers to her lips, Sharon smiled, then gathered the laid out materials for sewing, took them back to her father's office, after 10 minutes, left the boutique. As soon as she turned the corner between two houses, Sharon noticed Nayeon walking towards her. She paused her step, waited for the girl to come closer, preparing to apologize for the incident, but Nayeon was ahead of her:
- I’m sorry that I ran away so suddenly, I just never felt such strong emotions towards anyone ... - she blushed, but boldly continued, timidly taking Sharon’s hands in hers, timidly squeezing them: - Will you be my date at the upcoming ball?
- I? – did not believe her ears, surprised at the bold request of Nayeon.
Honestly. Sharon expected to hear the words:
- Girls can't kiss each other, it's a sin. Let's forget. We can give my measurements to the tailor, who I will send later.
So said many to whom Sharon opened her heart, so over time she forbade her heart to trust.
I was wrong, can give a chance?
- What do you say, Sharon? You agree?
- If I agree, then you will have to stay with me all evening, and I will not allow anyone to invite you to dance - Sharon warned, squeezing her friend's nervously trembling fingers in response. - You agree?
- It suits me - Nayeon smiled weakly, taking a step forward, entering Sharon's personal space, looking intently into her eyes, quietly added: - The same conditions from me, Sharon - holding her breath, boldly leaned forward, lightly touching her lips to her lips.