My date (SaNayeon)

ONESHOT TWICE

The cool breeze pleasantly cooled my hot body, giving me a couple of minutes to rest before the rays of the bright midday sun attacked me again. Squinting from the sunlight, I looked into the distance, trying to see on the horizon at least some kind of car that would help me get to the center of the metropolis. I had practically no strength left to walk, I was terribly thirsty, but apart from sweet caramel, there was nothing else left in my shorts pockets.

The bottle of water, no matter how I stored it and drank a little at a time, was already finished and I had to throw it away. There are no shops where you could buy more water on this part of the road where I was walking. There are not even trees here under whose branches I could catch my breath and rest.

The sun was beating down mercilessly, I felt foggy, my legs were tired, and I began to stumble frequently as I walked.

The backpack dangling behind my back grew heavier with every step, and the summer Panama hat I had bothered to put on before going out this morning didn’t do much to relieve the fever.

I felt irritated, angry with myself, scolding myself for the rash decision that came to me yesterday before going to bed.

Where was I even going to go?

Where I am?

These are not difficult questions, but you will have to answer them.

So, the first thing you need to know, I'm going on a date with a beautiful stranger, she made an appointment for me yesterday, before going to bed, when I accidentally (accidentally!) dialed the number of the anonymous LGBT community.

I'm not one of them.

Exactly.

I am a completely normal person who is interested in their life. I’m not curious about how to date a girl ( absolutely not! ), it’s just that after watching so many films on this topic, I thought: maybe I’ll try it? if it doesn’t work out with the guys.

And so I go to the center of the metropolis, although I could easily borrow a bicycle from a neighbor and get there.

No, she waved her hand, pointing to her feet, and confidently told him: I like to walk, I’ll get there quickly.

I've been walking for over 2 hours already! At this rate I'll be late for the meeting. But I don’t have a phone with me and you know why, because one “smart head” forgot it on the nightstand at home!

By the way, the clock is there.

It’s good that I can navigate by the sun, understanding what time it is approximately.

So, you now understand that I need to hurry, otherwise I will get fried on the way and just fall exhausted.

Who will find me then?

I will die useless to anyone!

Hey, hey, stop moping, you're only making things worse for yourself!

Get your act together!

Better think about how to get out of here. You can die in bed with a beautiful stranger!

Peep-peep - I heard in the distance, covering my eyes with the edge of my palm and looking at the road.

Oh, lucky, something is coming.

Fashionable car.

The first attempt is to signal with your hand, and suddenly it will come out.

The infection drove by, the driver just grinned obscenely at me and made a gesture with his fingers, after which I wanted to vomit.

Better to die from the heat than get into his car, you damn ert.

Again there was a road without cars, the stuffy air penetrated into the lungs and dried out the throat.

I no longer wanted to meet anyone, just go home into the cold.

Peep-peep, through the cotton veil I heard a beep.

Peep-peep, louder, next to you.

Then cool fingers touched the hot skin of my shoulder, a voice soft, like a breath of wind, asked:

- Are you okay?

I wanted to snap back, but turning around and meeting the concerned gaze the color of melted chocolate, I simply answered hoarsely:

- Can I have some water, please?

**

When I was pumped out (literally), I could finally look at my savior normally.

Sweetie - a thought came to mind, fixing my gaze on the sweet face, which was looking forward with concentration at the road.

- You’ve woken up, - the girl greeted me in a sweet voice, glancing in my direction.

- Yes, I’m sorry, - she embarrassedly rubbed her hand over her neck, enchanted by the wide smile on the stranger’s face, - I fell asleep and didn’t have time to thank you.

- Oh, don't worry about it, I'm glad you're okay. By the way, where should I take you?

- You can drop me off near the metropolis, I can walk further - I didn’t become too greedy, because the stranger could have her own business.

- No, no, I’ll take you where you need to go. Anyway, I’m already late for the meeting,- the girl said, tapping the steering wheel with her fingers.

- Me too, - she laughed, looking at the clock lying on the nightstand; the time was showing more than expected.

-You also had an appointment? – the girl asked curiously, after a short silence.

- Yes, to be precise, a date.

- Date? Oh, then we need to hurry, what if he’s still waiting...

“She’s waiting,” I corrected mechanically, looking out the window, missing the thoughtful gaze on myself.

- Excuse me for my curiosity, um, do you happen to meet near a tall clock?

- No, my meeting is behind them, near a strange statue that resembles a deer.

- Oh, then... - she let out an awkward laugh, her cheeks turning pink from embarrassment. - It’s just that my meeting with the girl was supposed to take place there, and I stupidly thought that you were my date.

- Ah, to be honest, the same thought flashed through my mind, - I agreed with a chuckle, looking at the girl, restraining myself from the urge to tuck a mocha-colored curl behind the girl’s cute little ear.

- We thought the same thing,- she exhaled, meeting my interested gaze, winked sweetly, slightly sticking out the tip of her tongue. – We may not see each other again, but I would like to tell you my name. Sana.

- Nayeon, nice to meet my savior.

**

It would be better if it turned out that Sana was my “blind date”; I really didn’t want to say goodbye to her so easily. Maybe my date (not Sana) won’t show up, and if I’m lucky, Sana will also be free, then...

Eh, dream, Nabong, you have never been lucky in such cases.

Let's better hurry up, otherwise if your date is waiting, then you're quite late.

A tall watch, the only thing left old from the previous world. They didn't modernize it, they just left it as is - a giant clock with an arrow inside and strange jumping figures inside the box, which constantly appeared when the clock struck exactly 12 noon.

I don’t know why they remind me of deer, I really can’t explain it, but that’s how it is.

Surprisingly, there are not many young people who hang out here all the time. From afar, I noticed a familiar car, and then the familiar slender figure of Sana, standing near the clock itself and looking at the phone.

Her date didn't show up? What luck, maybe I can approach her? I wouldn't mind being one of the LGBT people if my date turns out to be Sana!

Nabongie, slow down!

Don't forget why you are here.

Eh, leave me alone, conscience, I know it myself!

Behind the clock, on a bench, sat a girl, black-haired with cute curls, in something like a chup-chup (the current popular candy), it seemed to be the description.

Besides, she is staring straight at me.

Her eyebrows frown, her lips form into a dissatisfied grin.

Damn, she's definitely mad!

So, Nayeon, you can handle it, go ahead!

- Where the hell have you been? Why don't you answer my calls? Why were you so busy that you weren’t in a hurry to come to me? – I heard the angry words of a girl walking towards me.

- Um...I... - I began to come up with excuses on the fly when that supposed “date” didn’t pass by, turning around, I noticed another girl behind her, who begged to forgive her.

It's gone! Not she!

I began to look around, but there was no one except Sana, everyone had gone somewhere.

If it's her, then she should have a flower on her wrist.

I squinted, but alas, my vision wants to be better.

Maybe make a detour, maybe my date is somewhere else?

Maybe I got the meeting place wrong?

Mental confusion due to the heat!

In general, there was no one as described, I began to get irritated, realizing that it was my own fault, because I was late for the meeting.

But this does not change the fact that they did not wait for me.

I stood with my back to Sanya (yes, I saw that she was also single), and thought that I didn’t immediately hear the steps behind me.

My ear caught a muffled chuckle, my heart fluttered at the voice that sounded behind me, right next to my ear:

- Hello, my date, I had to wait a long time for you.

I turned so sharply that I felt dizzy and swayed a little, it’s good that someone had a great reaction to catch me.

- But you don’t have a flower...

- Ha, you don’t have a tie either, Nayeon, - Sana giggled, looking cheerfully into my eyes.

- A tie? – she asked again, vaguely beginning to remember what she wrote in the recognition field. - It doesn’t matter, the main thing is that we met, - I was able to say, confidently sending a flirtatious smile towards Sana, seeing how the girl’s cheeks turned a pleasant pink shade. - Do you like holding me that much? – I winked cheekily, intuitively feeling that Sanya liked me as much as I liked her. I was convinced of this when I heard a flirtatious answer from her:

- You have no idea how.