Preparation (Nayeon)

ONESHOT TWICE

The first thing you do when you come to your company is to go to the rehearsal room. You are in the clothes that help you feel free and at ease. You are ready for training.

The rehearsal room is small, maybe 10-15 people can fit there, but there is a large mirror and a tape recorder. These are two things you need for your classes.

You come early, as soon as the sun rises from the horizon, you are already here. You leave your things somewhere in the corner, and you go up to the tape recorder and turn it on. Familiar music starts to sound, you make the sound not loud, afraid to wake up the noise of your neighbors, although there is no one in the building except you and the guard.

The first thing you do is warm up. Half an hour, usually your stretching takes half an hour, but today it took more time. Having stretched your body, you proceed to the main task of your coming.

You are preparing a number for a future performance.

You begin to think through all the nuances of your performance when the door to the rehearsal room opens and one more person of your team enters.

- Sorry, the bus stopped me. Am I not late? The girl asked you.

“No, I’ve just begun, Mina,” you say, pausing the song, waiting for it to join you, then turning it on again.

“Are you and I alone today?” - Mina inquired, tuning in for training.

- For now, yes, you yourself know that our schedules are now not common, as before. Let's start without them for now.

“As you say, Nayeon-ni.”

Yes, you are one of all 8 members who debuted with you 3 years ago. You are the eldest, but you are not a leader. Your best friend, Ji Hyo, is the leader, 2 years younger than you, but with 10 years of experience.

Once upon a time you tried to debut together, but something was missing in your performances, and the audience almost did not remember you. But that did not stop you from becoming stronger and testing yourself on the survival show organized by your producer. And after so many difficulties, you went to the main team, still operating TWICE group.

The dance to the song you rehearsed was completely new for you, still green and not worked out as it should. Yesterday, the choreographer said that there will be changes in the staging of the dance. She asked to hone only a couple of movements in which she was confident.

- Getting started?

A familiar melody took them two into a whirlpool of dance movements, which were difficult.

- 3.4 and 6, and 8. 1 and 2, and 5, and 7, and 9. Once again ...

The numbers were counted to the beat of the music, remembering step by step in the dance. Turn your hands or rot your back, place your thigh like that, or snap your fingers. Everything is important to remember, so that later you show yourself from the best side.

A lot of time passes when belated girls come into the rehearsal room, you just nod to them affably, you continue to repeat the same number of times the same movement.

Now you are 9, and you can rehearse together.

You are watching everyone through the reflection in the mirror. You notice all the nuances and indicate them, asking them to show themselves more clearly. Your heart is filled with love and warmth in relation to every girl that surrounds you. You are incredibly happy that it was with this lineup that you debuted. With the help of that show you were able to better understand them, you became close, became best friends.

Do you remember the tears in their eyes when they called their names.

Do you remember the emotions that filled you during joint performances.

Do you remember all their words that kept them afloat.

The most important of the words is the debut.

And remember how the word became reality when you became part of a group, when you moved to a hostel and began to divide everything into 9 parts equally.

3 years flew by for you imperceptibly.

Only a week will pass and you will celebrate your 3rd year with your fans. You plan to please Once a beautiful and vibrant show. Smiles will shine, energy will be in full swing, nervousness will go away as soon as you hear Once singing your songs.

But until this day, hard work, training and practice awaits you. Therefore, clenching your will into a fist, you cheer on your tired friends, and yourself, cheered up in your own words, you continue to work out every step towards improvement.