A stranger in your eyes - 5 (MiDaChae)

ONESHOT TWICE

Two weeks passed when everyone who took part in the preparation for the play "A The Stranger in Your Eyes" was able to catch their breath. Finally, after the severity of the preparation, the study of the role and development of stage costumes, scenery and the selection of the music that should be for the upcoming act, everything was ready for the show. The invitations were sent out, the parents were notified, the theatrical elite also agreed to come. Everything was ready, all that remained was to come to the theater tomorrow, put on costumes, cheer up before going out and go out to play so that the audience did not see the actors, so that the audience was imbued with the atmosphere.

For two weeks, DaHyun was so busy that she couldn't meet her girlfriends.

She didn't ignore them.

No.

Absolutely.

I was just busy.

She practically lived in the theater, in the morning before going to school she ran there, with a new script, each time apologizing to the actors who also went there. They did not silt at her, knowing full well that the screenwriter is always right and honestly, after reading the role with the new text, everything fell into place. Changes in the text were not so frequent, basically I liked everything, the script did not seem as gloomy as at the beginning of reading it during the lesson.

After classes at school, DaHyun went back to the theater with the theater troupe to once again banish this or that scene. During the break, they gathered together in the schoolyard and discussed, made amendments, and consulted.

So yes, DaHyun didn't ignore her girlfriends.

She even managed to wave her hand a couple of times when she ran past them, throw a couple of insignificant phrases and reply (albeit very shortly, only emoji) to their messages.

For two weeks the word "now" existed only for her.

But two weeks passed and the word "then" came.

The night before, DaHyun re-read the script again, stopping her gaze on the part where the emotions were thoroughly described (here the main character must act so that the viewer does not see the complexity of the emotions). She decided to add the last lines of her script with verses from her beloved poet, who, with his text, helped her survive the most difficult times.

Reading them over and over, DaHyun wondered if they needed them or not.

*

She will still understand during the game, so why hide them already?

There is no point in hiding my feelings.

It remains only to wait for the end.

The only thing left to do is to hear the last lines and close this part of me.

It's time to be brave, DaHyun .

*

For two weeks, neither Chaeyoung nor Ming could meet DaHyun . She was elusive. Their emotions heightened, and they began to show them more often, not hiding them in front of each other. They met more often and all the talk was only about DaHyun and her performance.

They were so happy when, after two weeks , a normal message finally came from DaHyun , without short emoticons:

At last. I have left invitations for you. 3rd row, in the middle. Wish me luck girls. See you soon.

- We will be able to see just after the performance - re-reading the message a certain number of times, upset Chaeyoung . - Even if we arrive earlier than the appointed time, DaHyun will be busy. We haven't seen her for so long, I miss her madly.

- I miss her too, - Mina agreed, leafing through the history of the theater troupe, looking for a photo of DaHyun. - For two weeks I did not hear her voice, did not see her smile, did not touch her.

- If it weren't for you, Mina- unnie, I don't think I would survive these two weeks - Chaeyoung smiled at her gratefully.

- I'm also glad that you were next to me, Chaeyoung - looking up from the laptop screen, Mina smiled softly.

- So tomorrow ...- Chaeyoung drawled dreamily, looking at the ceiling of Mina's bedroom.

- Tomorrow ... - the girl echoed her, with the same dreamy expression on her face.

*

The hall was filled to capacity, those who did not have enough seats stood. Everyone was waiting for this performance, because there were so many rumors about it. And the name itself was intriguing.

- “A stranger in your eyes,” - read the title Chaeyoung again, looking at the red curtain that hid the scenery and the actors. - What do you think the performance will be about?

- I don’t know, there are many options for upcoming events. We are all in the dark, we were not even informed of the genre that will now be shown - nervously fiddling with the edge of the sleeve of her jacket, said Mina, looking around, noticing the classmates and parents of the actors. - I don't see DaHyun's parents .

- Probably they are backstage, cheering daughter - Chaeyoung shrugged , fidgeting in the seat. - I'm so nervous, as if it was staging a play, not DaHyun - unnie .

-My heart is out of place. I will only be able to exhale when it’s over and the whole cast will enter the stage - Mina’s voice became an octave quieter when the lights began to disappear in the hall, plunging everyone into twilight.

*

The announcer, opening the beginning of the story with his voice, asked someone as the curtain slowly opened, showing the outline of the stage, where the scenery clearly resembled a walking park, which was located a little further from the school:

- Should I remain a stranger in your eyes or tell about true feelings and destroy everything?

Two girls were sitting near the fountain and merrily talking about something, their pure and innocent faces were not darkened by the gray clouds hanging in the sky, half covering the sun. They did not know worries, they were comfortable with each other.

The first girl, short black hair, tilted her head slightly to the side, gestured excitedly with her hands, proving something to her friend.

The second girl - long dark brown hair, smiled broadly at her, without taking her soft gaze from her friend, sometimes interrupting her, asking interested questions.

But as the announcer asked the question, the second girl's expression changed. Until the first girl saw, everyone clearly saw emotions in the eyes of the second girl: from a pure and innocent feeling to awareness and fear. Then everyone heard the girl's thoughts:

Why now? Why is it her?

Many who felt the realization that you had fallen in love understood their hearts, too, were filled with sadness. The second girl suddenly realized that she had fallen in love with her best friend.

As the scene changed and in one or another impression the hidden feelings of the main character were revealed , Chaeyoung began to read between the lines. Mina, who was sitting next to her, also perfectly understood what the show was really about.

The hidden feelings described in every line of the script were DaHyun's own emotions .

The main character's friends are themselves.

It’s exactly like they’ve re-watched a movie about their life.

Only now from a different angle, from the side of the hidden feelings of DaHyun .

The third act was the last and a big fat point was put when the main character, who was sitting alone in her room, sadly looking at their happy photograph, opened a small volume of some poetry. Her voice, hoarse after tears, read the first lines of the verse:

In another world

If you become a s a small, beautiful bird -
I would like to become a magnificent tree.

Chaeyoung and Mina gasped softly, covering their mouths with their hands, quickly exchanging glances. These are the same lines from the first and so far the only letter from a stranger to Chaeyoung . Chaeyoung silently looked at the heroine while Mina silently accepted her refusal.

The voice with each line erased all the facets of the mask, exposing hidden feelings, in the end it broke completely:

In another world

if you are born a wonderful person again,

I would like to become an angel

Even if I do not have close to you - you can not learn ,

etc. Even if you fall in love with someone else ,

with an angel who can protect you
Looking only at you - if I could live, it would be great ...

On the last lines of the verse, the curtain closed.

The hall was deaf, only a few sobs were heard. Dead silence, as if the hall was waiting for something else, the last word, but the curtain remained closed. After several minutes of waiting, the hall suddenly came to life, the first timid clap was heard, then another, until they turned into a standing ovation. The audience gave a standing ovation and did not stop while the curtain opened and the main characters, workers and finally the screenwriter appeared on the stage. When DaHyun came out, the standing ovation became even louder.

Chaeyoung did not applaud, she stood with her hands down, looking at DaHyun with tears in her eyes . She looked for her eyes, which all the time avoided looking at her.

*

Please, DaHyun , take a look at me.

*

I can't, all my courage is gone with the last line of that verse.

*

My time has passed, unfortunately - with this thought, Mina did not noticeably leave .

*

The audience began to disperse, and soon the hall was empty, leaving only Chaeyoung and DaHyun standing on the stage.

A convulsive gasp, a voice soaked with emotion, asked:

- So what's your answer, DaHyun - unnie ?