Thunder

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blessed ran as fast as she can even though the snow is falling heavily this time. She can barely see the road and the cold is crawling to each of her veins. The wind is getting stronger too. She's having a hard time running into the woods but she kept going until she reached the shore. She want to get away from them, from those people. Her heart was breaking, her guts are failing. Her whole body was shaking, her sight is slowly getting vague. The sun has already set. It was too dark but good thing is she had a small lamp that Miss Lin gave her but it wasn't enough to calm down herself. She is afraid of seeing him again. So many what ifs are on her mind. 

At the back of her mind, confusion is all she could understand. Not sure who's telling the truth or is that even a lie or a half lie. She was terrified and surprised. She never wanted to end up like that. Blessed just wanted to live as a normal person again. She just wanted to see her friends again, she wanted to be human. She kept shaking her head, trying to take away those words that she heard. Her stomach couldn't take it, she was almost throwing up. Her knees are wobbling, it was so cold. Her promise to Xiumin, her promise to Tao. Why is the world so unfair to her? She doesn't know anymore. By that time, she wished that she would just vanished in the middle of the haze.

Miss Lin told her the story of Mama that was so different from what King Selu said. 

"My friend never returned. After accomplishing everything, she died and became the Tree of Life. We owe everything to her." those words kept echoing on her ears. Those words made her tremble in fear. What if the King was just using her? What if Sehun is just forsaking her? What if she's not the Tree of Life? What if everything is false? What if she ended up dying in pain? So many questions that are in need answers. 

She only had a small amount of money, but she had no thought of turning back. She is going to escape this island and just run away like before. Blessed felt like she was like an empty vessel that doesn't have any significant existence. She felt like everything is just fake, those smiles, those moments, maybe there are all just made up to lure her. Maybe it was just a plan, a betrayal. Everything is hurting, her heart was tearing apart. 

"I won't be able to live a normal life again. I won't be able to be happy again. People will always look at me as their toy." she cried. Tears from her eyes are soaking her entire face. The velvet color of her lips had faded away, only the pale vague patterns were left. 

Blessed have forgotten to watch her steps, so she slipped on a rock and fell down. She found herself lying on the snowy ground, staring at the dark sky without stars. Sobbing hard, she dropped the lamp and it broke. The fire went out. The only light that she had disappeared like her hope. A total darkness came, no one was there to help her. She was alone in the woods, her feelings fade away as the snow melted on her hands.

"Man, I hate myself!" she was crying out loud. 

 

 

 

It's almost midnight and Blessed hasn't returned. He was still there, patiently waiting for her. Mr. Kim has fallen asleep and Sehun felt restless. He couldn't stop himself from worrying about her. He kept walking in circles, back and forth. He can't think of anything except her. Everything that revolves in his mind was all about her. 

He hated it. He hated being apart with her. He had this strange feeling since the day he resuscitate her. It was a something that makes his heart flutters. He doesn't know what kind of words are to put just to describe it. Her smile, her laugh, her crying, when she was calm and happy. Those pictures seemed to be tattooed on him. Even how many times he tried to ignore it, they kept appearing. It was like a nightmare that kept haunting him. The feeling that he can't resist. Sehun remembered what happened last night, they were so close to each other. It was cheek-to-cheek. His heart felt exploding by that time. He was exhausted but he was so blissful. Like tiredness is just a dumb reason to stop. He couldn't behave himself in a single place. He wanted to see her, now.

He stood up and quickly picked his coat. After wearing it, he carefully opened the door so he won't wake Mr. Kim up. But when he was about to step outside, the man was awake and just observing his anxiety. 

"Young lad, its freezing outside. I know you're worried but you need to sleep to gain strength for tomorrow." Mr. Kim stopped him. 

He looked at him, his eyebrows were still furrowing. His hands, they were shaking. His feet are telling him to run and find her but was still recovering from high fever. He can't risk his health, he had to wait for tomorrow. To control himself, he let out a sighed and slowly closed the door. He went back to bed and lied down. He couldn't imagine closing his eyes and falling to sleep while Blessed was missing. But the tiredness won over him. His eyes finally shut down and he fell asleep. 

Hours have passed, Sehun dreamt of her. They were running through the field of vivid flowers, she was giggling. The smile on her face were refreshing, until someone he never wanted to meet appeared.

 

 

 

Another morning came.

The storm has stopped, the wind became a peaceful creature again. The gloomy sky was replaced by the sky bright blue one. It was great day to go outside and play. Only the layers of thick snow were left, it's another day. 

Blessed didn't noticed that she fell asleep while weeping like a child in the freezing ground last night. Drops of snow fell on her face, awakening her from slumber. As she opened her eyes, she found herself lying on the same place where she fell last night. It was still freaking cold, thankfully she had no frostbites and she was safe. With a messy hair, she quickly got up and picked up her sling bag. While removing some white stuff that went into her clothes, someone suddenly appeared in front of her. 

"Waaaahhhhhh!" she screamed in fear along with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter