Accidentally

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheering voices and booming sounds echoed throughout the entire island. They dark sky and cold invisible fog were filled with dancing rays of light and assorted presences. Numbers of silhouettes are can be seen in the open field along with the winding tall green grasses. The wind kept gushing back and forth. The land is slightly shaking as the two mages continues in wielding their supernatural powers. Eventually shouts and groaning were heard too. 

It was already midnight, but none of them wanted to sleep. Drowsiness haven't visited their bodies yet. The place was filled with endless energy and thrill. They are all tired and really exhausted, but they kept watching the sparring between the two mages that the future Tree of Life had chosen. It was a breathtaking and at the same time beautiful. It resembled the fireworks that Blessed saw back when they were at the Lightning City. They were amazing and giving all of their efforts to surpass their current abilities. 

Chaerin couldn't helped herself from becoming astonished. This is her first time to see up close their talents. She was sat down by the valley along with Blessed and Lay who are silently watching the two with adoration on their faces. Yellow and silver lights reflected on their eyes as the two continued their practice. Tao was on the other side to observe their moves and study their old tactics. His eyebrows kept furrowing ever since they started. 

Xiumin's defense and reflexes were excellent, while Chen's offenses and moves were so fast. The two of them knew well how to use their powers. They knew how to summon nature without wasting a second. He rained the land with ice spikes while Chen pulverizes them with a single strike of lightning. They also created a weapon out of it. Blessed's eyes grew wide as he witness how Chen held the thunder bolt without a single bruise in his hands. And so to prevent him from getting closer, Xiumin build a thick frozen wall to block him. 

It's still summer and they are aware that Xiumin's power weaken in this season. Especially when he's out of his homeland, there's a huge possibilty to completely deplete his abilities. So as part of the preparations for future battles, they commenced a practice to see how he would last in an actual fight. Blessed was worrying about him these days, his aura is slowing down, also his movements. She hoped that they can make a progression out of this study. 

Tao was the one in charge of remarking their tactics and spells. There were no probihited spell but they told them to avoid injuring each other to prevent inconvenience. If ever Xiumin or Chen suddenly lost control, he is responsible to stop them. Lay's designed to protect the girls from the possible shrapnels that may fly to their direction. Xiumin continued building ice walls until he reached his borderline of territory. Chen summoned a wave of lightning from the sky and began destroying his defense. Chaerin kept looking into their eyes to check their sober. 

Rolling, crashing, exploding, pieces of the land were lifting in the air as they continued attacking each other. Their lungs were yearning for a break but no one stopped. Not until their powers would be equal to each other. Chen's lightning bolt disappeared from his hands. Lay and Blessed wandered their eyes around to find it. At the blink of an eye, it flew back and infiltrates his opponents behind. Xiumin quickly built arrows of ice to prevent it from getting closes. 

"That was a quick move." Blessed mumbled as she got amazed and excited while watching them. She even stood up to see them in a clearer view. Chaerin's forehead curled because she couldn't understand what she said because the air was filled with explosions.

"I saw something." Lay's lips pressed together, he looked at Chen and tapped Blessed's shoulders..

"Eh? What is it?" she glances at him. Her expression shifted into wondering.

"But Chen's tactics are absolute." she continued.

"No, something's wrong." Lay responded while shaking his head.

As Chen created small rays of lightning, Xiumin began creating tons ice spikes too. They were deeply focused and concentrated. Their life forces are growing stronger than before. There was a red light illuminating from the marks of their bodies. Both are already panting and starving, but never paused a moment. After creating a weapon out of lightning, he slowly walked toward him. He was smiling bright in the middle of the night at Xiumin. Clearing his throat, he gazed to his eyes. 

"What is it?" Xiumin asked.

"Your Highness before ending this practice, I just want to say thank you so much for your time and effort. It's an honor to receive the opportunity of fighting you." he bowed and his gripped became tighter.

"You're welcome. I'm honored to fought one of my fellow guardians too." Xiumin gave him a half-smirk. It is no longer a practice, the bloodlust is expanding. There was an urge to destroy each other, but he halted himself from thinking brutal and out of the line procedures. 

The eyes of the ascending Tree of Life were glued to them. It's an enough reason to be unstoppable. Blessed is expecting a magnificent and jaw-dropping view. Xiumin have decided to forgot what Tao reminded them. His eyes shifted into a storming winter. It is cold as winter, but dangerous as daggers. His stare had shaken Chen's confidence for a while, but he won't give him the chance to impress her although he was older and knew her a lot more. 

They stood up, facing each other. A precise silence occurred. Chen laughed and the people that were watching them ended up thinking that his reaction was strange. Xiumin smiled without opening his mouth, he exhaled and shrugged. The short and fun conversation meets dead line. The expression of amusement disappeared. Back in being serious, they ran against each other. Stretching their arms towards the sky, their weapons returned in their hands.

Chaerin grimaced and quickly hide at Blessed's back like she already predicted what is going to happen. She was holding onto her clothes tightly with her shaking arms. This is the first time she witnessed a dangerous battle like this. Blessed her head and told her that everything will be fine. Lay moved closer and plastered a relieving smile. Then, he made a invisible barrier to protect them from the flying shrapnel. She just shook her head and clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter