The Lady Rises

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lay reached Blessed's hand while heading towards the coliseum, she glanced at him and plastered a faint smile. The usual expression of her's that poked his heart a little. The painted view of her face reflected in his eyes, he caught himself falling into staring at her. He shook his mind inside and looked at the path they are taking. Their skin and clothes are being heavily drenched by the pouring rain, the mad heavens crying from its anger. The sound of the rushing waters and clicking leaves became a temporary music to his ears. 

The sound of their hounding breaths echoed along with their louder footsteps. No one spoke until they reached the place. They are holding each other's hands firmly, trying not to let go even one. Kai's group haven't sent a single message that was part of the plan. Remaining without a response made them more worried about them. Sehun's stubborn behavior truly can't be tame. He continued to move with his own wills and decisions, he never listened to anyone that's was older than him. Lay remembered what Blessed pleaded, healing a one's soul is near to the impossible. The more he pushes himself to the limits, the closer he will be in danger. If only his powers doesn't always require his heart and stomach, maybe it will be fine to try. 

Xiumin leads the way, he was able to run faster despite of having Chanyeol on his shoulders. He enthusiastically guides everyone there, this time his eyes continued on glancing at Blessed. From the day she disappeared, he made a promise that he will take care and protect her from the enemies. Kai told him to accompany her until the break of the battle. The other mage's words were flat and low, but he could see the way he feels by just looking into his eyes. They were worried about her.

Chaerin's grip grew tighter as the sharp stones cuts her feet. Drops of blood were left between the rocks and soil, she never quit. The coldness of the rain added pain on her skin, the mixture of sweat and fresh water dripped from the tips of her soaked hair. Blessed suddenly tripped and fell. She began coughing until the familiar red came out from . Lay insisted of stopping her, but she strongly disagreed with his suggestion. She said that being sick doesn't count as an enough reason to delay the rescue of Kai's group. She glared at him and made his breath shortened. 

Blessed stood up and also insisted her reasons to keep on. Her hands balled into fists, she tried to balance her collapsing body over the illness. They continued to struggle through the poor visibility of the road. She may be already dying, but her friend is also dying there. She may be injured, but her friends are sacrificing themselves in order to prevent the evil from its wrongdoings. Chaerin heard a sound of her cracking bones, she wanted to tell Lay about it but surely she will be annoyed. 

It's true that they are starting to feel sick, they can't stand under the rain. No one can claim that they can last longer, but one thing is sure. They can make it in time. When they reached the proper city, they saw the dilapidated houses, the countless bodies lying helplessly. The road are on ruins, they can hear voices seeking for a someone who can do something. The rain is slowly washing away the lake of blood, they were standing in front of the crumbling coliseum that doesn't look the same anymore.

The people are very affected, they are confused and couldn't understand what is happening. Blessed quickly closed her eyes when she saw dozens of lifeless children there. It breaks her heart so much, they shouldn't be included in this tyranny. The lively place turned into depression and misery. Xiumin called her, she looked at them and followed. 

Rolling thunder and lightning dominated the place, they saw Chen standing the middle of the coliseum. Walking towards their comrades while bringing down the enemies. The attack almost hit Xiumin's group, thankfully it missed them because Tao noticed. Lay told Chaerin and Blessed to stay behind the broken walls that can be still considered safe. He accompanied them there and left Chanyeol there too. He quickly ran towards the fellows to help them. 

Blessed witnessed how fierce and dangerous the fight is. Numbers of elements clashes against each other, resulting into explosions and fires. She can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter