Withering Daisies

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol fell staring at Blessed and Chaerin, by just observing he can tell she is holding back to a something. Her smiles that were wide but stiff and wavering. There's a possibility that she already knew that this person is going to leave them today. He wondered how many of them is already aware of the Voiceless' limited existence. The strong presence last night, he doesn't have a clue who was the person. It also woke him in the middle of his sleep, it made his heart thumping inside his chest. That powerful man must be involved to anyone of them. Kyungsoo from the kitchen sink, began watching his actions that are turning into suspicious deeds. 

The older looked at Kai and gave him a stare that tells him to be careful. Who knows if they are filled with traitors or spies? No one is sure and everyone could be an enemy. Sehun sudden disappearance was a very odd event, he didn't even said where he was going. He never left without a consent of Xiumin before, something must be going on that they couldn't read. No matter how closing their bonds are, becoming cautious is a must rule. Chanyeol is still holding the key, they thing that may help them in the future. He became bewildered and lost his senses for a moment, until Blessed noticed and glanced at him. 

Chanyeol was startled as he quickly collected himself and tried to be norm. But he dropped the Esca, sending him in panic. As Chen taking downstairs, he saw the gold shining key at the foot of the giant. His forehead slightly curled while walking towards him. He was about to ask him what is it, but he hurriedly turned his back away from him. A half smirk formed at the corner of his lips, he is really hiding something from them. Things between the group is becoming interesting, so many things is occurring behind Blessed. This type of person makes his blood boil in anger, do they think she is incompetent? Or are they no longer believing in her. Just what exactly are they doing underneath the majority's knowledge?

Junmyeon is composed and chill throughout the time, Kai wondered if he is beginning to build his own theories about the two. He glanced at him with a playful expression on his face, the fellow mage felt timid as he sat down beside him. Chen decided to open a small crack on the Chanyeol's invisible walls, so he went towards him and gave him a stare that made him nervous. The fire friend awkwardly grinned bashfully at him as she looked away from him. His lips shut tighter, he felt insulted at his shyness. He is losing his patience on him, he couldn't understand why he joined them if he is just keeping himself locked on his own cage. 

"What a coward." he muttered on his mind. He grew irritated to him and suddenly shoved on of his hands to his pocket. Chanyeol's eyes turned wide as he witnessed how the older mage waved the key on the air. Each person around the kitchen looked at their direction and fell quiet. Kyungsoo accidentally nudged a plate and it crushed on the floor, creating a sound that broke the silence. Junmyeon quickly stood up and helped him to clean up. 

"H-hyung..." Chanyeol responded in a low, and almost whispering voice. 

"That's the key of my room!" he said.

"Really? Your room don't have a lock." Chen raised an eyebrow. Chanyeol was caught off guard.

"It's the key of my previous home-."

"Chanyeol hyung, you had nothing when you joined us." he looked deeply into his eyes and began reading his next words.

"U-uh, hyung?" 

Blessed rose from her chair and intentionally pushed the porcelain cup until it fell on the floor and broke. Their eyes turned at her direction, she forcefully smiled and laughed at the same time to take their attention away from Chanyeol. She shook her head stronger and called Chen. Lay went towards him and pulled him away him. They finally sat down beside the ladies, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon began serving the breakfast. Kai also sat down along with their side.

He called Blessed and winked at her as he slowly his hair. She stared at him for awhile, her heart is skipping beats in seconds. She don't understand what is the reason why he is becoming her eye candy at that time. The button shirt he is wearing with the pants that she just saw today, fits on him perfectly. The shape of his jaw and the color of his lips made her frozen. Xiumin noticed her unusual reaction to him, so he pat her head and called her. She pouted and felt embarrassed, she can't describe the recent moment. Maybe the mage who had the Teleportation is growing more masculine than his comrades as each day passes. 

Kyungsoo placed a hot spoon against Kai's skin that made him surprised. He looked at his best friend and even before he whines, he already glared at him. A warning, he is telling him to slacking over and don't lure Blessed's heart towards his mischievous attitude, if Sehun is present he won't be able to get closer to her. He pretend to laugh, but he really don't like this behavior of him. It seemed like he is always getting on his way whenever he is receiving an opportunity towards the muse. He's been always there and stopping him from what he wanted to do. He is always drawing lines between them. 

He scowled at him and sighed, Kyungsoo kicked him on his leg and gave him another warning.

"I told you, already." he reminded him.

"Fine, fine, I know." he agitated.

Tao seemed to be more quiet than before, he patiently waited and didn't spoke until the food is completely served. He began eating without looking to anyone. Xiumin sat down beside him to lessen his boredom, both of them wanted to leave the place sooner. The time that has given for them is not infinite, they need to hurry and find the other mages too. He was the first person to realized that Sehun suddenly flew away without a proper farewell or word. His friend's disappearance made him gloomy on this day, he wanted to ask Blessed for a permission to find him but he is afraid of not being able to come back. Oh, he remembered something and it is so important to tell the others. 

"Does it feel so different?" a voice that made Blessed quivered. The spoon between her fingers collapsed as her eyes turned blank. Before she began dwelling into the dimension of nowhere, Kai called her. He immediately took her away from it. 

"Blessed, are you feeling well?" Kai worried.

"Yes, pardon for constantly spacing out." she responded.

"Lay told us about it." he plastered a smile.

"Huh?" 

"Today is not  another day, it's your birthday." he cheerfully said. 

"M-my birthday? Lay?" she called as she looked at him.

"Oh, Laynesia." Chen chuckled. Lay stood up and picked up a box wrapped in red and ribbons under the table. He nervously hide it on his back as he walked towards her. He painted a bright smile on his face as he stopped in front. 

"Happy birthday Blessed, you've really grown up." he answered as he handed the present to her. She stared at it and tears appeared at the corner of her eyes. The red paper wrapping became soaked as the dye went to her hands. She couldn't even explain why she is crying despite of being very happy. It must be that she don't know how old is she or the name of her parents and her surname. Ever since she opened her eyes in the darkness, she lived a life without a proper identification and place. But Lay came and lend his hands to her, he helped her find a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter