Unravel

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day had passed since the disasters began coming endlessly. Everything was on the state of calamity, a lot of lifeless bodies and broken buildings are can be seen all around. There only few who survived and keep surviving. Some evacuated into safer places and three-forth of the world's population turned into refugees. The fields and mountainous parts of each country are no longer existing because all of them crumbled and burned from the wild fires. Many lost their loved ones, many were left abandoned and alone. Food and water supply became scarce and the chance to wake up next day is getting smaller. Grand depression and melancholia are on every people's heart. Sound of crying, weeping and calling names became an ordinary music to anyone's ears. It turned into ennui. 

A lot already committed suicide after finding out that their families perished along with the first day of purge. No one could understand wy they should be punished this way. They have already confessed their sins along with the crimson rain, yet they were never heard. They trembled in extreme fear and tried escaping the penalty but it was too late. Victoria woke up earlier than usual today, she couldn't plaster a smile to anyone for it will be a insult how sad everyone are. She remembered Blessed and her reason why she came to fetch Baekhyun. With furrowing eyebrows and bitter taste on her tongue, she got up and went out from her bed. She couldn't stand steadily, she couldn't believe how she witnessed some people dying in front of her. She wanted to cry over it, she wanted to mourn over it but she can't lock herself inside this room. Besides, Hayi opened the manor as a temporary shelter for those who are in need of help. Byun's residence was pretty crowded and loud. 

With a long face and frown, she tied her hair up and wore her working apron. Even before she twisted the knob, someone knocked. As she opens the door, she saw Hayi greeting her a good morning. She only nodded and put a faint smile on her lips. The viscount's younger sister is no longer wearing fancy clothes like she usually does. Her hair was also tied into a high bun and she switched into a pair of boots. The tailored dress has been replaced with a men's shirt and pants. It doesn't fit on her, but it seemed like she also decided to throw her noble blood since yesterday. The former grumpy lady that barely smiles back is not a person that is doing her best to encourage everyone. 

Victoria's head fell low as she felt helpless. She sighed and reached Hayi's hand as they walk throughout the alley of broken glass windows. No one is putting an effort to fix or clean it up because they knew yesterday's suffering was just the beginning. Hence, they are also not sure if they can make it tomorrow or they shall be punished too. Two ladies continued heading north until they reached downstairs. They haven't even completely checks the ground floor, they can already hear complains and frustrations. The atmosphere only made Victoria gloomy than before. Hayi suddenly grabbed her hand and they ran towards the kitchen without batting an eye to anyone. She remembered it, they had to cook food that will cure the hunger of the majority. Sure it will be a hectic and busy day for both of them. 

She sat down in front of the rectangular table and began peeling the saved potatoes on a big basket. Victoria doesn't have much strength to speak up or express how she feels, so she was just quietly fulfilling her part. Hayi kept putting a smile on her expression as she prepared the tall pots and the ingredients for the dish. More servants in the manor came and prepared the utensils and plates too. There was water supply coming out from the faucet, so they are doing their best to conserve and use only what is needed. Silence occurred between each second that could pass, no one was talking until she dropped the knife on the floor.

Victoria saw someone behind the door of the kitchen, she rubbed her eyes and saw it again. To check it out, she slowly rose from her wooden chair and walked towards it. She was surprised that the alley outside was completely empty. She began convincing herself that it was just a hallucination, but that person called her name loudly. It was a man, and he was in hurry at their response. Her forehead wrinkled into wondering as she stepped out of the kitchen, Hayi eventually found her missing and quickly became worried than ever. 

Victoria walked towards the light orb dancing all around, she can tell that someone is definitely watching her from behind. She turned around and also found no one around. He called her name again, and the voice was close to her memory. She began suspecting that it might be a person who just came there and it happened that he knew her. She wondered what are his reason or motive for driving her away from the crowd. The strong wind blew through, dust came into her eyes. She coughed and felt a rough sensation on her lungs. Rain began pouring, this time it was clear and water. She gazed upon the sky and saw rays of light passing back and forth. It must be the mages that are attempting to save the World of Exo, it can make a progression but the percentage of succession is very small. 

Victoria wondered where Tao was, she worried and thinking of him at the same time. The boy that she rescued from a broken country was no longer a cry baby. He was now a grown-up man and decided to change his fate by choosing a path that was barely taken. She was proud of him, but still she couldn't believe that he really became a Guardian. Time flies to fast, the child that she was taking care of years ago is now a man that fights for his entire race. Liquid dropped from the corner of her eyes, she can finally cry. She felt a heavier burden on her chest, she fell on her knees and sobs. Hayi found her there in the middle of the rain. She hurried towards her and wrapped her extra shirt around her. 

"Why are you crying?" she asked.

"It's nothing, I'm fine." Victoria responded with a smile. 

 

 

Mera handed a small mirror to Blessed, with an expression of relief and gladness she closed her eyes and recited her last words. The young heiress cried aloud and called her name, she is not yet ready to accept the responsibility that is given to her. She don't understand it, why does it had to end this quick? She was afraid of finding herself sat down on the throne, she don't want to be like this. She screamed as she squeezes her hand so tightly. 

Mera asked her if she was lonely, Blessed said that it was very unfair. After sacrificing her entire youthfulness and everything in order to restore the World of Exo, she will still have a injustice death. She is aware that Mama is already old, but why? Why she is alone and why there is no one beside her except her? This shouldn't be happening if only the crimson pendant didn't chose her. She can't accept this, this i not good and valid. There were so many things that the creator of this world shall explain, there were so many laws that puts so much disadvantage to the people like them. After being despised and leaving home, she is vanishing without an important person to watch over her. 

This is not a something that she wanted, this not how she wanted it end. Yet Mera had no choice but to accept what is the ends of her fate. Seeing Blessed as her heiress before going to an eternal sleep is not a bad idea at all. Meeting her in her best condition is what she is very grateful. At least the person she is going to entrust lives, a dimension and a world is good and righteous. A someone that believes in justice and equality. A person who forgives and doesn't judges and assume things in same way. She was always looking at the brighter side, observing and hungry for the truth. She clearly deserves her name, for she is already chosen from the very first second that she was born. 

A child shall live the early days of her life as a normal human in her world. With a sibling, with a family and friends. She was part of a someone's forbidden history and now he came to be reunited with her. This person is the one that holds the key towards the door of her real consciousness and memories. The period of a long dream has reached its due date, it's finally time to open her eyes wider than the widest and unravel her existence. With a grand biography in disguise, her journey is about to end. She will finally find freedom and revelation. 

"Luhan waited patiently for this to happen." Mera whispered with a bashful grin. Blessed didn't spoke back, he only hugged her tightly as she could. Deeply affected, deeply burdened, deeply confused. She don't want to hear the noise of her suffering. No words, she can tell that Mera had a very lonely life that she never liked. She was lonely, very lonely and heavily yearning for a home. She had stopped falling in love since the day that she left Seunghyun, he was the only man that told her that she was special. He believed in her coming back, but he only waited for nothing. He grew old without experiencing what happiness was. He was the main victim of it, she wanted to see him again but there's no way that they could. 

In an instance, Mera completely faded away as she turns into sand. The wind blew through and it took her away from Blessed's grip. She looked at her reflection at the mirror walls. Her nose are red and her eyes are quite swollen. She found herself looking hilarious and pathetic, she thought that she shouldn't be crying because she made it this far. As her senior told her to be thankful that she was still alive, she forced herself to smile wide. She stood up and accepted her fate, the mirror on her hand glowed and it began reflecting like the mirrors around her too. The table and chairs collapsed and the plates and food spilled on the floor. Her her changed its color along with her crimson and silver orbs. She shifted into her original form, the original Blessed had came back after a long time. She had fallen asleep and right after a short nap she woke up with a view of panorama pictures. They were all vintage memories of her sub consciousness, the truth unveils its own skin.

Distorted pictures slowly turned clearer. It all started, it all had an beginning. Blessed grabbed the rope of time and history and decided to discover who is she. Jieun stared upon all of them and opened up her heart in preparation. At the moment that Lay reached her hand, Luhan's face appeared at the mirrors. A child who sits down on the sand near the shore, frowning and muttering words of an adult. Blank eyes, dried lips, drenched clothes, he was watching the sunset as the sun gradually moves toward west. Young Chaerin also appeared, she was inviting her younger sister to light up the fireworks. There was a festival and both of them are celebrating it. The three of them were together and having fun at the beach with their parents. There, she realized what are they to each other.

"When you were born to destroy and recreate, the agony will keep echoing in you head. When every life is entrusted to you, it's impossible to believe that you are normal. Why is it so lonely to be chosen or different?" Luhan asked her with a pale expression. He was rather lonely or maybe speaking about his favorite novel. Blessed had no idea what was he is talking about. She just glanced at him and plastered a smile of celebration. Then, fireworks appeared at the sky. The world under her feet shifted into an abandoned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter