The Hidden Demon

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Halfway through the night, they are still flying high up above. Sehun's health has given up him, his life force is taking so much time to recover. He did his best to maintain balance on his body, but after few more moments he passed out. The cloud disappeared and the fell from the sky. The rest of his friends were disturbed from slumber, they didn't panicked despite of the sudden.

Xiumin quickly casted a spell on Lay to have wings. He quickly created a barrier that will protect all of them. They safely landed in the midst of a wide rainforest. The place was lit up by the shining light of the moon, but it wasn't enough to guide their way for the night. So they have decided to rest under a giant tree for a while. Things remained peaceful until another day came.

 

The velvet orange, stinging temperature and the unknown voices that are desperate to call help. The terrifying view, the daylight nightmare, he opened his eyes and found this scene in front of him. He got up from the drying ground and wandered his head around, he couldn't see anything except the scattering fire filled with wrath. He began walking with hazy memories from his sleep. 

The man continued his way until he remembered everything that happened. He met countless people that were running back and forth with cold tears in their eyes. Everything in there was burning, there was no escape. He felt an extreme pain in his chest that made him pause and received a hard time to collect some air for his lungs. He wasn't crying, but there was an extreme burden that was eating his insides.

He ran as fast as he could when he heard his beloved's calls. He sprinted along with his panting, his hometown is sinking into suffering. Slowly dying, the struggle to found a way is getting deeper. Pillars are falling, pieces of coaling woods are flying along with the wind's gushing. He is in a Hades, he is in the orange abyss of helplessness.

"Mama, Mama! Mama!" he cried aloud with his fading hope.

The pleasant air that he used to love was no longer existing. The black smoke from the lost chimneys was suffocating him. The sound of children's bliss became weeping. No more bright mornings will come, no more smiles will be seen anymore. They are dying dead, no flesh, no bone or ash are going to be left.

He came to their house devoured by crimson flames. His watery eyes grew wide, his drying mouth opened up. His family, the people he treasured the most were buried inside the collapsing place. He doesn't know what he may see, he don't care what will happen if he went there. 

"Mama!" he called with his breaking heart. He found his mother lied on the coaling ground. Her face was wiped with grime and bruises. 

"Son, run! You must hide! They can't kill you!" she saw him, she pushed him away when he tried helping her.

"Mama!" he couldn't mutter other words than her name. 

"Chan, you shall live. Find your sister and live." those were her last words that marked his heart.

Blessed could see their faces, but she had no clue who are they. The view of hell’s pit slowly disappeared and turned into a blank space without a glimpse of small light. Her eyes opened wider as her body automatically got up from her bed wet from sweat. She was afraid, it felt real. The sensations were cruel and horrifying. It was a nightmare, a memory of somebody who tried to forget his tragic past. 

Just when she her right, she found Kyungsoo's glaring eyes that were glistening in the middle of the darkness. Half of his face was covered with his hood, one of his limbs was wrapped around Blessed's neck. Her loud panting stopped when she saw a knife on his other hand. He resembled a monster for a while to her, she began shaking her torso to push him away.

Kyungsoo was stronger than she expected, she can't even move a finger with his single grip on her neck. She tried to take a gaze at him, but he buried her eyes against the bed. She couldn't hear the sound of nature, it's still night. The silence are still there.

"Sssshhh... " Kyungsoo hissed.

Blessed's eyebrows furrowed into surprise and wondering. She wanted to know how he snuck into her room without a sound. She wasn't nervous, but there was something that tells her to be aware of this person's actions. The knife's tip that reflected to her eyes commands her to shout, but his hand was covering very firmly. She couldn't breathe properly, Kyungsoo plastered a playful smirk like Kai's, 

"I'm going to ask you some questions. Answer me with yes or no only. If you are going to say such other stuff, I'm going to chop, cook and serve you to Jongin." those words made her wince and shed few drops of tears from her foggy eyes.

She began wobbling, those eyes tells her that it's going to be dangerous if she is not going to be careful with her responses. She couldn't tell what kind of aura is wandering around the room. Kyungsoo gasped and moved his face closer to her. 

"Tell me, do you like Jongin?" he began asking. He slowly freed his prey with a stare filled with terror. 

"No, of cour-" Blessed wasn't able to finish an explanation that she wanted to hear him out, he quickly pointed the knife against her stiffening jaw. 

"I told you to answer only yes or no. You're stubborn." he rolled his eyes as he groaned. Blessed nodded with lips pressed hard, he never listened to what Kai has told him several times. He covered again.

"My first question is just a bluff, I'm just joking. It's my personal thing. For real, do you really want to save this world?" he shrugged and took the knife away again. 

He chuckled and took his cover away, she wished that he won't nag her again. 

"Yes." she answered precisely. 

"Or are just being forced by King Selu?" he was never convinced with her guts.

"Wait how did you just-" she quietly bellowed in the pain, he was pressing her waist harder. 

"First question you already failed, I'm disappointed. I don't understand why did they have chosen you? You are lying to the rest of the guardians." he huffed and shook his head.

"Kyungsoo-. I mean oppa. It's not intentional. I didn't mean to lie on them, I just have no other choice. Believe me, Xiumin was the only one who told me about that. Once I finish saving the world, I'm going to find the answers. I'm confused, honestly." she explained with a low and composed tone. She remained polite.

"I don't like you, but I don't mean that. It's just amusing, I couldn't live without Jongin and he couldn't live without me too. We are depending on each other. I am just jealous of his attention to you." he took his hand away from her and rested against the wall. The expression of disappointment appeared on his face.

"Is he your brother?" Blessed burst the bubble of her curiosity. She looked into his eyes and waited for a definite answer.

"No, he's my behalf." he said with a frown.

"Must be great, you have someone to lean to. You're not alone. You're not spending winter, summer, spring and fall alone." she plastered a smile and tilted towards the wall. 

"But I am not accepted in my own nation. People call me beast." he looked down and continued expressing his grief. 

"Oppa, the world is unfair but we must endure the pain of it." Blessed cheerfully shrugged and extended her hands towards him. Kyungsoo heart suddenly fluttered as he stares on it. He slowly looked back into her eyes and felt storm on his belly. His mouth opened, she wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter