Hesitation

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

Few hours are still left, soon they have to leave this place. It's been already days since they accidentally set foot in the Water City. After all the struggle to escape the battlefield, Xiumin and his friends met and found new people. Being the person to lead the younger mages than him, he is doing his best to guide them while Blessed is still missing. He had no single clue of her whereabouts, but he could feel - he is sure that she is alive and kicking. Even though Sehun hasn't said a word about it, he knew that he is aware. 

There wasn't that much to prepare and carry for the group. They wouldn't bring anything except from sling bags and the clothes that they are wearing to avoid inconvenience. Today, the traid heading towards the infamous Earth City is departing. Bringing hundreds of different people there, foreigners, pilgrims, some are for the alumni. Some are going to work over there, some had reasons that cannot be tell. Before stepping out of Gain's house, Sehun and the majority held a gathering. In order to clarify things and the plan, none of them is confident to be in the neighboring city but they were optimistic this time. 

Lay remained quiet throughout the time Xiumin kept discussing what they must do and understand. He wandered his eyes around and noticed that Sehun's knuckles still had bruises, those were the ones he received from attacking Luhan. The youngest listened attentively without complaining, Tao asked several questions but it didn't bother anyone. Junmyeon shared his knowledge about the Earth City and how some rumors were proven to be true. Children with stronger capability of bending the ground are sent over the military and trained without the parent's consent. The gambling, the human trafficking, the mandatory slavery, the soldiers who ran away from their duties and oaths. 

Chen suddenly stood up and leaned against the painted wall, his lips curved into frowning. The dream that he had last night, the incoming bloodlust. He wanted to tell them about it, but it might just send panics. The atmosphere between each and everyone is gradually growing intense, they powers are trying to seep out from their hands. The control over the gifts are dissolving, it is getting harder to hide as each day passes by. 

The deliberation ended when a knocking on the door was heard, Junmyeon rose up to open it. A solemn smile was scene at Gain's eyes, she don't want him to leave. She is afraid that he may die if he is not going to be careful. Chaerin is standing next to her, with an empty expression but a pair of knees secretly itching to sprint and quickly find Blessed. He nodded and let her in, as soon as she told them that it's time to go they stood up and followed her downstairs. 

It wasn't heavy, but there are traces of drowsiness and being undecided. Inside the Earth City is the modern jungle that will unveil everyone's eyes from fantasies and dreams. While walking towards the carriage, Tao glanced at Chaerin and noticed how she was dressed well although she was wearing a robe that conceals her appearance. He became dazzled with cheeks blushing in pale orange and red. Sehun saw his small smile and nudged him a little to wake him up. He grimaced and stepped inside the said transporter. 

Looking at each other's eyes, no one spoke until they reached the train station. They wore their robes silently, someone's heart is hammering in nervousness. Gain watched his younger brother while resting there and listening to the clicking sound of the horse's feet. Chaerin kept yawning, she fell asleep in Lay's arms. Sehun displayed the stoic and cold expression all over the time. 

The loudest bell rang, the longest and largest transportation of the Water City is now departing. They immediately entered the train as they came there. Gain grabbed Junmyeon's hand and slight shook her head. Keeping Xiumin's group was a secret that once revealed, she will punished by the law. She was worried, she is trying not to build jitters and tears. She was sadder today that the time they lost their parents. They grew up together, he raised and sent him to school alone. He witnessed how he changed and improved his skills, but she was happy he is the only one chosen from the country. 

"Take care, my dear brother." she muttered with glistening eyes hit by the daylight.

"Thank you, sister. I'll do my best to meet her." he smiled and held her hand tighter. 

"Please come back, I will wait for you." 

"Yes, I will." she let go of his hand. 

Everyone except Sehun and Chaerin who is asleep thanked Son Gain for her hospitality and kindness. If it wasn't for her, they might be already died from starving and explosions. She came at the unexpected timing and rescued them from the edge of fire. Junmyeon continued his way at the designated seat as the door closes. He kept the smile until the tra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter