The City

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the way, they met Mr. Choi too. He was rushing and also searching for them. His expression was filled with anxiety and worrying. Blessed quickly walked towards to ask what happened, he responded with a frown. Baekhyun glanced at D.O, and they agreed that this is something serious because Kai and the antique shop owner are in the state of panic. She was surprised to hear that Sehun suddenly collapsed from an extreme sensation he felt. She is certain that it could be the fiend inside of him, the alter persona that is devouring his sanity. 

Chen and Xiumin already made a study about Sehun's condition while they were at the Ice City. They have discovered that Sehun's higher level of bloodlust was already in him since the day he was born. The pattern of his thoughts, the way he reacts on events, every single of them has been done by his own father. He was raised to be a ruthless person who can lead the entire Wind City without a pinch of mercy and kindness. And also the kind of surroundings he became used to be tolerated the hoarded person inside of him. 

A saddening fact for a someone who is going to be a reigning Guardian. A terrifying truth about a kingdom that secretly breeds and raises a population without humanity. A late discovery about King Selu, as one of the greatest rulers that were born since the World of Exo is created. Unfortunately, his history ended without a steer for righteousness. The mainland of Flight City eventually returned to its default state. People are again continuing their lives as before, and vehicles kept passing by and behind. The sound of beeps, voices, countless footsteps and various dominated the atmosphere of a peaceful country. Kai wished that this place and citizens won't end up like the Earth City or Wind City. The King of Flight City is the only one along with King Minseok that never supported the war and became affiliated with others. They believed that violence and dictatorial way of governing their people will never be the ultimate panacea. They principle revolves around freedom, peace and order. 

Blessed and the others rushed back to Mr. Choi's place. As they opened the door, they found Chanyeol waiting for them at the desk. He immediately stood up and briefly told her on what happened to Sehun. They went downstairs which is the main house and went to the room where Sehun was. They saw him lying on the bed, panting and sweating. She headed towards him and touched his forehead to check if he had a fever. She was surprised to know that his temperature is getting higher and higher. She requested Baekhyun to get her a basin of cold water and a clean cloth. She lifted up the blanket on him and opened his shirt, she was slightly relieved that the mark was still there. It means he haven't lost a control over himself. 

Mr. Choi went to his room to see if he can still find his medicine for fever. When Baekhyun returned, Blessed quickly wiped Sehun's neck and face with the wet cloth to lower his temperature. He was shaking, he was shaking in cold and headache. He couldn't open his eyes of even move. The spirit of his alter persona is pestering his entire body, he feels so very ill that he can't even speak. The darkness is trying to pull one of his foot and drag him into the pit of insanity. He won't allow that to happen again, there's no way he can murder people again. There's no way that he will let Blessed use half of her life force to restore the city once again. There's no way he can let that again, he don't want to hurt them anymore. 

What made it worse is that his body can't carry the expanding power as a fully-developed mage. It's a good thing that he is getting stronger and stronger, but becoming a Guardian is dangerous. This is the reason why King Selu is against on him accompanying Blessed. Despite of being a tyrant ruler, he don't want his only son to perish. If they wouldn't make it in time, there is a possibility that he can die even before reaching the Tree of Life. Chen helped Blessed in changing Sehun's clothes, as soon as they finished he decided to te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter