Folk Tale

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As he opened his eyes, Sehun found himself lying on a cozy mattress on a huge wooden bed. He was inside the small cabin made of woods too. It felt so warm and comfortable, the place was quiet too. Only the sound of the wind and nature was heard. There were no people around, the shelter was standing alone near the shore. He could finally feel his body, but his head are still aching and his limbs and arms still felt horrible. The drowsiness was no longer there but was still nauseous. When he tried to move his arms and legs, the pain worsen. He bite his lower lip for him not to shout and he went back to sleep. 

Few moments passed, Sehun woke up from his nap. He stared blankly at the unpainted wooden ceiling of the place. It took him minutes to remember what happened last night. Oh, it was really unexpected and tragic too. Those screams, people were begging for help but the majority only thought of saving themselves. The ruckus resulted a painful ending. If only the cold didn't bothered him, he could cast some spell to save the helpless. He is regretting, if only, if only. He was already late, and he can't let Blessed be perished. The way that the ship sank, it was a miracle that they were still alive. The fact that it was his first time to experience that kind of trauma, it was hard to believe. The pain all over his body has vanished. He got up and jumped out of the bed. He wandered his eyes around, he realized that he was alone for hours.

 Either Blessed or the kind fisherman that helped them was nowhere to be found. His forehead wrinkled into thinking, where they have been? Where did they go? Sehun was wondering but this is strange, he was not worrying. He was somehow relieved on the current situation. 

There was a small window beside the bed. He walked towards it and took a look at the outside world. The trees were and grasses were covered in thick layers of white, the wind is gushing through. The snow as falling heavily from the dark gray sky. It was so cold, like an empty heart that was yearning for someone's pure love. As he watches the meeting of the snow and ground, Sehun felt a pinch of loneliness inside. Knowing that Blessed was being alone for the past years, he couldn't imagine how she is doing everything all by herself. She was an amazing and steadfast person, he thought.

The solemn time was cut when a sudden sting was felt on his neck. Sehun felt like it was stiffening and becoming itchy rather sticky. He was confused and don't know what words to put on it, how to describe it. It was hurting and beating like it was alive, it was so weird. 

He went away from the window and quickly find a scarf or something that could soothe the strange burning sensation. He wrapped up a thick layer of cloth around it, nothing was changed. He began searching in every cabinet or box there, he found things that couldn't help like kitchen utensils and random objects. At last, he found a medium round mirror, his breath felt faltering. It could be a sting from a poisonous fish or a wound, he was unsure. Sehun exhaled and slowly took off the scarf and ed his shirt. As he saw his reflection, he was surprised. It was the symbol of the country where he came from, the Wind City. His eyes grew wide as he stared at it.

He had no idea how he had a something like that. He is pretty sure that he never did anything like a tattoo or body piercing before. Touching it with his bare hand, it was flat. There are no rashes around it too. It seemed like to be natural or already been there for several years. He wished that it was just an ink that someone played a prank on him. 

He quickly grabbed a towel and soaked it in warm water stored by the jar placed on the small table near the closed door. He dabbed it hardly just to remove it but after several tries, his neck just became red and the mark grew more vivid than earlier. Sehun fell frustrated and dropped the towel from his hands. He was too surprised to say a word.

 

 

 

 

 

They have nothing other than the clothes that they wore last night. All of their belongings sank in the frozen ocean along with the ship. The money, the maps and the goods that King Selu gave her has been devoured by the sea. Blessed felt frustrated because of it but she was also thankful that they made it to the shore safely. She was still glad to know that both of them was able to survive the ice cold water in the middle of the night. She felt happy when she saw the sunrise, they were alive and able to continue the journey. They were still in one piece and didn't got injured. While sailing towards the land, Sehun passed out in the boat because of exhaustion. He also had a high fever and his vital signs were unstable. She became so worried on him.

When they reached the island where Mr. Kim lives, they quickly brought him inside the small cabin and changed his clothes. He gave him the medicine that he got there and rested him on the bed. Blessed was shaking, she couldn't even close her eyes and take a short nap. Tears are forming at the corner of her eyes, what if something bad already occurred on him? She is blaming herself for what happened. If Sehun didn't responded after several hours, she won't be able to forgive herself. She stayed up throughout the next hours taking care of him.

 

 

Mr. Kim don't have anything that much to give them except food and shelter. But despite of the scarce resources, she was very grateful for him. It's all because of why they were able to survive. To get their other needs, especially some fever medicine for Sehun, Blessed just waited for him to be stable. She owe him too much, he did everything to protect her back in the city. She was glad to have a great friend like him. She went out to find a job and earn eno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter