Awakening the Fourth

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          

It's almost sunset. The sky blue sky shifted into a vivid orange-vivid view. Shadows behind everything are getting darker. The stars are slowly appearing up above, the moon is slowly glowing. Another day had passed again. 

He went to every place of the island, already asked lot of people. No one, no one gave Sehun an exact answer. Some saw her, some were familiar. Some were just resemblance, some were puzzled. He found nothing but an empty and yearning heart. In an isolated division of Lightning City, Sehun were standing in the middle of the street, in the middle of the people passing by. He saw nothing but unfamiliar faces, not even a strand of her hair were left. Blessed were still missing in his eyes.  

There's was one last place he hadn't been. The wind silently whispered to his ears, it was the port. The place where the citizens of the place are departing. Maybe she was there, maybe she wasn't really there. The clueless lad began running with his exhausted legs. He doesn't know what might greet him there, but this is his one last option. 

He sprinted through the woods, his cold sweat drops on the collar of his shirt. Blessed, her name that makes his heart race and ache. The reason why he came with her, the reason why he existed. He waited for her, but why? Why it seems so far away? He can't reach her, he was still distant even they are just next to each other. Sehun felt hopeless, but he kept going.

But as he reached the port and asked one of the fisherman there who is fixing his net, his small flame of hope disappeared. 

"I'm sorry, but I didn't saw anyone that fits your description." he answered.

Sehun's lips moved as the fading orange sunlight hits his eyes, he felt like the world stopped moving. He fell on his knees and sat down on the ground with frustration. He realized that she had already left. Maybe she went to the next city all by herself. Maybe she changed her mind and turns back being a runaway criminal. Maybe, she really doesn't care about him. Maybe she just went into some sort of business. So many maybes and theories, it's a headache. He was so confused and don't know what to think or believe anymore.

He's been left behind. He was there, watching the sunset alone. The wind grew stronger, his yearning heart closes its door. His eyes became blank while tears are streaming down on his cheeks. Sehun felt like he was stabbed straight on chest, his heart exploded. Not even a single piece of his feelings were left. 

Those memories that the had disappeared in the pitch-black silence. When Sehun stood up, darkness has began devouring his soul.

 

 

 

Blessed smelled something strange that made her open her eyes. It was like a burning oil and static. When she woke up, Chen's face was the first see. It made her realized that she fell asleep on his arms. He greeted her with a smile but she didn't responded. Her face was filled with wondering and shock. It took her few minutes to collect herself. They were just into each other's eyes. 

Chen suddenly became timid and he quickly looked away. Blessed rose up and rubbed her eyes. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked flatly.

She didn't responded to him again. She just looked at the sky and noticed something different. She moved a little closer to Chen to check the water. She is certain that there's something in the water. As she soaked her hands into it, she felt some static. She quickly took her hand away, she almost stumbled. She looked at Chen, he smiled at her and nodded. Finally, they are almost there. Just a few distance, they are on land.

"Don't touch the water. The nearer we get, the more static it will have." Chen told her.  

She just looked at him. She went back to her place. She bended her knees and rested her head at the edge of the boat. It was morning, she thought. She wrapped her arms around herself, it was cold. 

"Chen. Ice City is next to this, right?" she called.

"Yes." he answered.

"Soon, I'll meet him." she breathed.

"Who?" he wondered.

"A friend. He's like you. A Strong, kind-hearted but dangerous. Ah by the way, what's your real name?" she watched the water while sailing away.

"Kim Jongdae, that's my real name." 

 

Blessed didn't spoke anymore, she just sighed and waited. Chen made his oaring faster. A short moment of silence occurred. 

The sound of the water felt like piano notes to her, it was repetitive but soothing. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter