Moonlight Lullaby

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The private auction has began when every piece of paper has been dropped inside the box wrapped in sparkling paper with sequences. The atmosphere inside the dim lit room with purple silk curtains and fancy chairs and chandeliers. Sehun wandered his eyes around and only saw a sea of women with masks to cover their identities. Everyone dressed well and some are even showing skin. The smell of hair pomade, sweet liquor and strong perfume lingered around the place. He felt dizzy at the lights directed at him because it was hitting his sight so much. He can tell that the woman speaking for the secret event was already old by just the way and tone of her voice. 

As soon as the box was perfectly shuffled and prepared, the official human trafficking has started. Sehun barely remembers how he found himself sat down at the center of the stage surrounded by unknown people. He decided not to be stubborn and remain quiet as he waited for them to begin already. The first piece of paper with a kiss mark was expected to be high, and so it really is. He was surprised, it was cruel to treat humans as a possession or an expensive animal. He felt humiliated and mad at these people, but there's no way he can put a harm on them. As long as they won't touch or harass him, he will wait until this finishes.

He was honestly nervous and pretending to be confident in order to allure these women. The lady who playfully smiled at him was still staring at him like he was her own. Even with the butterfly mask covering half of her face, he can see the confidence in her eyes. Must be she was the person who stake almost everything in this dangerous game. If this is considered fun with these nobles and rich men’s daughters, for him this is a bitter nightmare. The clock was gradually moving as the pile of paper were rejected in front of him, their bets didn't surpassed the old woman's standards. 

When Sehun closed his eyes and listened to their voices, past memories with his friends flashed on his mind. He was trying to die early, but now he is dying to live longer in order to help Blessed accomplish the grand prophecy. He don't want everything to leave hanging and run away from his responsibilities. He never thought that a day of deserting himself from the group lead to another trouble. When he finished practicing on how to take control his power more, the next day he found himself inside a huge iron cage. If he is going to be given a chance to return to them, he will do anything to fix what he has down. Even in exchange he needed to sever ties, he won't hesitate to pay his countless mistakes. 

He couldn't sense everyone's aura anymore and he couldn't summon the wind since he gotten weaker. He can no longer hear Blessed's voice and calling, he doesn't know what to do. It's not so long ago, but he misses them. Tao forever teasing him and their wittiness. He is regretting in that moment, he promised not to leave her but he did not made it come true. Because of him, they fell apart and Chen grew distant to them. They weren't looking at him the same way as before. The long thinking and mesmerizing the beautiful memories stopped when they rose up in surprise when they saw the biggest price for Sehun. It was beyond the speaker's expectations, the value was indescribable in numbers. 

Boa stood up and left the place. She spoke to one of the Viscount's servant and confirmed that the price was really the Prince of Wind City. Two men walked toward Sehun and they sent him backstage. His startled expression made women though that he was cute. They blushed and chuckled in amusement as they watched him walk away from the room. He ignored their compliments and concentrated on the winner he is about to meet. As he reached the final curtain, he can still feel their eyes feasting and adoring him, he doesn't understand this culture and tradition. They are all beautiful ladies yet they won't find a something called true love. 

Sehun thought that this might be something to do with the First Guardian. It could be that he is manipulating his entire life again and it annoys him a lot. If he was really that powerful, he wouldn't need to play on his fellow mages because it's is pretty pathetic. Few more steps towards the outside world, he began planning how to bring him down once he regain his power once again. His eyes grew wider when he saw Boa standing next to the fancy carriage. He looked straightly at her direction as he proceed to head towards her. There was a seductive smile on her lips painted in red as they finally met face to face. Her stare was intimate and similar to the girl who rescued him from the circus. He wondered if they siblings or twins. 

The two men accompanying him suddenly pushed him inside the carriage, Boa quickly followed and the door firmly closed. She remained smirking at him as she picked up a letter and handed to him. Sehun's forehead wrinkled at the cursive initial B at the paper. She crossed her legs and leaned backwards at the soft chair. She had a smoke between her fingers and the smell of familiar tobacco dominated the scent of the air. He coughed and shook his head as he requested her to throw her cigarette away. The rig driver eventually flogged the horses and they began running. 

Boa was like a doll with her blue glass eyes and snow white skin. Her hair was dyed blonde and her clothes are sophisticated and rare. She crossed her arms too and stared into his eyes. Sehun quickly avoided her lustful eyes and decided to o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter