The Torn Pages

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"King Minseok, when will you speak out and allow us to see you?"

"Your Highness, the snow have stopped falling and the ice over our houses are melting like waters."

"Is the world meeting it's end?!"

"Answer us!" 

"Tell us King Minseok, we beg you!"

The gates and the walls surrounding of the castle continued to shake as the people of the Ice City insisted to see their ruler. All knight guards that are patrolling around the streets were also called to help out on preventing the rising tension and trouble. They are still trying to enter and lunge the doors of the place, they are calling out King Minseok's name aloud. The eternal winter sun and sky suddenly disappeared and the cold temperature of the wind grown warmer. The plants, the ice that protects the barriers, the agriculture are rapidly falling down. Until the noon hits the clock, the King remained quiet and not showing. 

The faith placed on King Minseok's shoulders began to disappear as the people wondered why such strange phenomenon is occurring. The bright summer and hot sky shifted its color to crimson red, the ruckus became worse than this morning. The mages was left no other choice but to use spell and force to keep them out of the vicinity. They made the walls and gates more durable and difficult to move, also it rained ice spikes to give them a warning. Unexpectedly, they even pursued a lot to break their protection. Chanyeol and D.O was on the front lines and tried to use combined element spell to calm the situation even a little only. 

People of Ice City began protesting as doubts appeared on their hearts, this never happened before, The entire city was always at order and safe, but now it turned out to be at the edge of danger and attack from Wind City. Fright began eating their minds and trust, they were confused and demand a clarification for this sudden change in weather that affected everything. The market and public places became a ghost town as the rest of the others found them aloud in front of the grand castle made of ice. The mages are struggling a lot to stop them and tell them to wait until King Minseok is prepared to meet his people. No one has given attention to listen on what they were trying to say, they just continued breaking the gates and walls with their improvised weapons. 

The color of sky resembled the atmosphere in the city, red- violent, madness and emergency. Chen kept running at the hallways as he take in charge commanding every knight guard. Taeyong left Xiumin's side to join the front lines and protect the Ice Castle from attacks and Molotov cocktails. Despite of knowing that they won't listen unless it is the King, he shouted declaration of peace and cease. Chanyeol found himself in difficulty on pleasing them, he lost a part of his patience and blew fire to the crowd. They were shocked as they took steps backwards, he was about to burn the gates when D.O ran towards and called loudly to stop him. The older shook his head strongly with eyes that are always wide open. He almost repeated the bitter history on his life. 

D.O remembered the look in Chanyeol's eyes last night and the way he mentioned about his past. He can already tell that this person has done something that could be possibly outrageous or surprising before the time he met Blessed. The reflection of angry burning fire in his orbs shows how much he is trying to take over his blood lust. With an appearance of an innocent child on his every expression, he is also a beast that rages to catch a prey or meat. He looked at him with eyebrows creasing, the ferocity in his heart quickly vanished. 

"Hyung, they are not our enemies!" he said loudly because he can't hear himself better.

"B-but-." Chanyeol was surprised on what he has done.

"These people will surely won't harm Xiumin although we can see weapons. Stop thinking the worst and focus on tightening the sub walls." D.O's teeth gritted as he blocked a stone heading to their direction. 

"Hyung, please don't tell Miss Blessed about this. I don't want to make her weary." he plastered a smile.

"Fine, but you should always listen to what I say." he nodded. 

The King went out of his room and wore his white long cape and silver shining crown as he passed by the wide hallways of the castle. The servants who were accompanying him, can't help their heads but to glance at the windows. Even from the inside, they can still hear the loud shouts and calling. King Minseok continued walking straight without looked at his sides. His men are nervous and trembling at the fear of being asked or hit, their eyes drove at the leader's behind as they questioned his silent and unexplained action on this day. He remained quiet until they are finally in front of the giant doors, with a spell they opened and a strong white light came along with the noise. 

As soon as he head outside, a strong snow blizzard came. It almost blew everyone, the front line mages quickly gripped at the iron bars of the fates along with the very strong wind. The summery season shifted into a dead winter filled with big spoons of snow and cold. D.O almost lost his balance and got carried, thankfully Chanyeol saved him by grabbing his arm. He hugged his friend tightly and used his own body to block the strong wind. The older felt embarrassed as he realized that he had no choice but to depend on the giant for a while. He snorted and avoided his blinking stare.

"Chanyeol, take off your hands around my waist." he scowled.

"Hyung, I can't. You'll be blown away." Chanyeol's forehead wrinkled into worrying.

"I am going to be fine." he talked back.

"No, you won't. I am sure that you won't because that's how Miss Blessed pretends that she was." D.O rolled his eyes once again and told Chanyeol to stop telling him because he already understood him. The giant felt glad that his friend accepted his helping hand. 

D.O hold on tighter on his torso because the wind was becoming stronger and stronger. The fire on the torches went out and their sweat became ice crystals. He buried his head on Chanyeol's chest as he avoided the haze to hit his eyes and ears. The giant shouted as he endured the violent weather and protect him. Several minutes have passed, the insane blizzard stopped and the winter came back to the land. A moment of silence came as the coast become clear.

 

 

Viscount Byun's opponent picked up the dice that will determine the start of the card game and compressed the palm of his hands. He shook them few times and opened his hands, it fell on the table and showed two dots on the top. Mr. Song's turn is first, with a small grin and masculine giggle he picked up the cards and began changing its pile. The sound of the flipping playing cards and sole of their shoes. Tao and Kai, whom were behind carefully watched every move that the dangerous person does. The way he look at her was filled with malice and playfulness, Lay became uncomfortable of his unusual presence. 

Unlike the other guardians that they met, his aura is darker than D.O's and Chen's. Viscount Byun was very unpredictable and repulsive. His eyes were always filled with unknown intentions and greed. Blessed was beside him and quietly watching the way he plays the game. Although she seemed to be pretty composed, her heart was really racing and nervousness. She knew the consequences of her decision and choosing this person among all mages in the Light City, she began preparing her will for the end of this day. Along with the finishing shuffle of the opponent, the cards have been finally distributed between them. 

Blessed's eyes wandered around the room, she only saw nothing but the red curtains and carpet. It was so dim because there are only several lamps hanged on the wall. She began thinking if there's a possibility that Sehun and Byun has already seen each other. Her thoughts was cut when the Viscount suddenly called her name in a alluring tone of his voice, she stared at him for a moment until it was his turn to pick a card. She noticed Kai's expression filled with annoyance and worrying, a frown painted on her lips as he looked away from the four of them. She is aware of the risk, she knew that this person who uses his power to deceive people can be a friend of the worst foe. Lay looked at her and saw her upset heart. 

It's been days since they arrived at the Light City, but still they are in the middle of compromising with the infamous gambler. They still haven't found clues that could send directions towards Sehun's current whereabouts. The communication with Xiumin's group was also temporarily cut because the enemies are still tracing their paths and traces. It feels like staying in the Viscount's owe was a inappropriate plan, even though he saved them from his aggressive butler called Taeyeon. But the way that Suho sees him became a joke at Kai, it felt a like a huge pile of pure mocking and amusement. It coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter