The First Guardian

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boat was useless. They couldn't cross through the Healing River because the fog is thick and dangerous. Tao is afraid that one of them may end up like Xiumin before. Half of the efforts for the preparation went to waste. Chaerin insisted of going through the water because she secretly had fear of heights, but they rejected her request politely. They can't just simply put everyone's lives at risk in that reason. They need to be careful from now on to avoid the circumstances.

Also, the war between Fire and Water City is growing worse everyday. Countless stray of ashes were falling from the grey-orange sky. The black smoke are always showing up from far away. Sometimes, they could smell the scent of burning oil and coal. Xiumin couldn't bear to imagine how the situation out there actually looks like. He was always staring up above while praying that things will get better sooner.

Sehun saw the nervousness in Chaerin's eyes, she had the same expression that Blessed had when they flew at the skies of Wind City. When she caught him looking at her, he quickly glanced away and acted like he saw nothing. It was a relief that Sehun wasn't talkative as Tao. He was just wandering his eyes around the shore, probably thinking of a solution.

Chen couldn't help but to release several sighs, they've stuck in the island for almost one week. He's still angry at Sehun and silently blames everything on him. Despite of his stubborness, he never attacked the frail lad anymore. He listened to what Lay adviced and kept himself distant from the group. Only Chaerin and Xiumin can approach him. It became awkward and heavier from that day. 

Chaerin wonders if Blessed is getting bored of not seeing them or if she misses them. There are no signs of her pulse but they are so positive that she's alive. Sehun was sure that she is still alive although she might be miles away from them. Days of waiting have passed, days of peace that surrounds them have passed. No assassins or knight guards have chased them after that. The place was completely isolated from Unicorn Empire's mainland. There was no single family living in there, some of them were surprised as they discovered human bones at the other caves.

The truth about the most closed country in the World of Exo is unbearable. At the day that Tao's group found Lay, they saw a lot of people who are starving and in the depths of poverty. They've asked why they were there, but all had refused to give a glimpse of answer. Sehun knew it too because he saw with his two eyes. The government is corrupted and forcing its citizens to pay a very expensive amount of tax.  The king who is currently ruling never showed his face on public. The name of the members of the royal family remained a secret. 

Chaerin found herself waiting for a thing that could be impossible. It's been a while since they paused by the shore and pondering for a safe departure. She sat down at the wet grains of sand and watched the water nearly touching her shoes. It doesn't matter how they looked or how much dirt they have on their faces, leaving is the priority. Leaving without a trace and people that will follow. Now that they had two person who hold titles, concealing the identification is really a must. 

Xiumin finally stopped on walking back and forth while spotting and observing for a safe place. He returned along with Chen and ended up shaking their heads. Sehun seemed to be restless with his eyebrows that loved to furrow. He was different today, for all of the days with him all that you could see is a stoic expression. He straight up from squatting and hurriedly moved towards the older fellow. 

Chen felt disappointed to himself, he felt useless and doing nothing. Lay called Tao who is throwing pebbles to the water on a distance. He quickly looked at them and went. 

"What should we do?" Xiumin asked himself in the air. He don't want to think that they are going to be stuck there forever. He can't bear being stagnant and waiting for nothing.

"Your Highness, please let me do a help." Sehun responded, he glanced at him and zipped his mouth. He inhaled and wandered his eyes and found Chen silently watching them.

"How will you do it?" Xiumin didn't hesitated to ask him. He hoped that Sehun's idea would really be helpful. 

The youngest boy didn't quenched his recent question. He just walked towards the water and touched it. Chaerin panicked because it was poisoned along with the thick fog. Lay was there and obsetver what he was doing. Sehun looked up at the sky and mumbled something that they couldn't hear. He stretched one of his arms upwards and a white and cold thin and smoke-like came. The matter compressed against each other until they completely formed a fluffy-looking and abstract shape. Chaerin's eyes grew wide as she witness how the huge cloud formed in front of her. opened as she poked it. She turned at the rest and grinned bashfully. 

Chen was impressed on how skilled Sehun was on his major element. He didn't complimented him like the other's did, he just walked towards and listed to few instructions. Lay bowed his head as he thanked the wind mage several time. Sehun didn't cracked a small smile, but he felt a little better. 

"Please, sit down and be careful. Have a good grip with my cloud so that none of us will fall." he reminded them as they began departing from the place.

Everyone relaxed their back and limbs as they prepared themselves on flying high. Chaerin closed her eyes to lessen her nervousness. Xiumin and Lay sat down beside her to make sure that she won't fall even if she doze off. After Sehun's command in a strange language, the cloud slowly lifted up and moving towards the blue and white sky. 

The majority wasn't confident in trusting Sehun's volunteering, but they had no choice but to be at it for the next few moments. The only path that was safe to take was the sky itself, because each and every country had limitations when it comes to their territories. Not even halfway or miles away, the wind blew stronger. Their hair got disheveled and Chaerin's skirt lifted up. She looked at each one of them and thankful that they weren't staring. She looked down and blushed in embarrassment. Her hands were shaking, probably her fear had came to dominate her.

The slightly lively atmosphere turned into lonelier. The longer that Chaerin observes them, the more she became sadder. It's not the same bond they had before, everyone was quiet and serious. Tao was no longer putting of jokes and small harmless pranks. They never argued childishly since the day Sehun joined them. Xiumin never smiled or acted cutely. Lay is the only one that haven't change yet. He was always sharing short conversations with her, although she had no voice. He was the only one remained cheerful all the time. 

Those events were just the start of everything. The identity of the seven guardians is still a puzzle that needs to be solved. They don't have Blessed that can tell without looking. None of them can read a person's aura and life force like her. The chance of meeting her again is only ten percent. Soon, the struggle to accomplish the prophecy will be harder than the previous troubles they experienced. 

Seven remaining people with extraordinary skills and power that was chosen by the Mama. Different people from different countries across the world. They maybe just around or hiding at the depths of an unknown abyss.

Hope is the only thing they are gripping too. No one shall give up, no one shall stumble alone. Blessed is believing in them, they will never disappoint her no matter what. She suddenly came and touched their lives and reveal their true purposes. She never surrendered to the enemies, she was steadfast. The unique color in her eyes whenever she was determined and running without hesitation. This young girl who had no surname or family was born to change everything and save lives and dreams. 

The passed by above the most dangerous among all nations. They witnessed how cruel to see the Fountain of Life, it was a burning ocean. The place that separates Water and Fire City, and their almost unending war and tyranny. Xiumin became astonished  when he saw it. No one spoke a word, only the expression shock reflected their feelings.

Sehun lifted the cloud their are boarding higher to avoid the hazardous and stinging smoke. As the wind gushed through, they heard thousand voices shouted down there. It was really disturbing. Chen smelled blood and metal, he coughed and co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter