Sooner

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blessed and Kris stood up once again to continue searching for an exit. There was no progress or difference on the alley they were taking. Still the glasses and the aurora sky could be only found all around. Empty, grey, slightly dim and long the place was. After a short break, they have decided to proceed as the Mama wanted. This is a matter of patience and talent to see if they deserve the crown. If she thought that arriving in El Dorado is her final destination, she was so wrong. It was too late when he realized that this is what they prepared for all of them. Different giant rooms inside a complicated maze, they are separated into number of groups. The appearance of each place depends upon the person, if he was emotional it will be filled with hallucinations. And if he was stronger, he will be tested by battling his own reflection. 

Mirrors around everyone represents the contradiction or equalizes themselves, but it depends upon the content of his or her heart. If he was child grew up from a terrible past, it will be a storm or hail. If he was a person who remained good in heart and mind, it will be a calm sea. But it was a sea of loneliness and solemn. Deep and cold, silent but tensional. Something that is slowly devouring until you begins to suffer in a unbearable pain. Many have been called, but only few made it out. It was hidden from the history that not all the twelve mages of each heiress successfully became a Guardian. Some of them have died in the trials and some had a tainted heart. 

The Exo's council have decided to hoard the truth as long as the cycle exists. In order to continue the tradition and naturalism in the world. In order to protect its people and restore the treasures called Tree of Life and the celestial keys. El Dorado is a special and secret dimension that those who only survived until the gathering of twelve different mages that wields twelve different elements from twelve different countries. Each one represents a power that is essential to balance everything out. It was a complex but a effective resolution to take care the World of Exo. 

Blessed wondered how long it will takes to find the exit door somewhere in the place where they are. Kris kept holding her hand as he guides her on the way. She wanted to know more of it, but unfortunately time is running out faster than they expected. Now that all twelve are reunited, they had to be immediately test out to prove that they are capable of taking the thrones of the descending Guardians. One by one and gradually, she began figuring out the history of mortals on her mind. If the lady before her suddenly disappeared after she gained the crown, there could be a possibility that she is still alive but not permitted to return to her village. Reminiscing what she read in the books, it was written that she died because her own flesh were eaten by the creatures they called gods. 

Gods, if they are ever existing that resembles monsters there's no way they can make it back alive. They were often described as creatures with wings, claws and fangs that can break anything in one bite. Terrifying, but she wasn't believing in it. There's no way that there's a norm mortal than made it here and made it back. It was impossible, because what is written in their history is divided into lies and truth. They never stated who was the ringleader in wiping out Telekinetic and Time City. Also, it was never theorized how the World of Exo is created. Her curiosity expands wider beyond the boundary. The thirst to discover the facts opens at every step they are taking. Her forehead wrinkles into it, her lips tightened. 

Kris glanced at her and wondered what she is thinking. To catch a portion of her attention, he let go of her hand and paused for the moment. He stood there and waited for Blessed to notice that she is already walking without him. Her eyes are set and firmed in front of her, she wasn't aware that he was already anticipating for her to stop and look back. But when she was about to realize that his grip suddenly disappeared, they heard inhuman noises nearby. Echoing from somewhere, growling and preaparing to grab any of them. Her steps slowed until it stopped, she wandered her eyes and adjusted her senses. She can't be wrong, she really heard something suspicious. 

Blessed found Kris standing at a distance and staring at her with a clueless expression. She exhaled and hurried towards as she puts on a gesture of an upcoming danger. She nodded and slightly pointed her fingers at the origin of the unwanted noise. He leaned forward and asked her what is it. She didn't hesitated to tell and reminded him to be careful. Alien footsteps followed their conversation, it weren't only the two of them in that place. Nervous, heavier breathing and cautious eyes came to them as they prepared to face whoever is it. But at the blink of eye it appeared behind them and nagged Kris. Blessed was frozen and bewildered because of the shock. 

The creature that resembles a tiger but its skin was made of pig's. It doesn't have a lot of fur and its ears are long. Green slime was oozing out from its mouth and it had whiskers. It's fangs are longer than her arms and it creates a disturbing animal sound that no one has heard it before. Kris quickly had a wounded back because of the creature's harrow. Blessed rushed to help him stood up, and as he saw the one that attacked him his eyes grew wide in surprise. It was a hybrid, a former favorite pet of the very first Mama. It was meek and obedient before, but now it turned out to a wild and out anywhere. Its eyes are in deep blue but the way it stares is ferocious. 

"Don't move!" Kris told Blessed.

"Why?" she asked as she checks his fresh injuries, it was bleeding so much.

"Just don't move!" he shouted as he stares back at the hybrid. 

"Do you know what is that one?" she moved closer and whispered on his ear. 

"Yes, don't move. I'll do something to distract it while you keep running away until you find the door." he said. 

"Why would I run away? Then what about you, you are seriously injured." she shook her head.

"Just do what I am telling you. Listen to me, Blessed please trust me." he looked into her eyes with sincerity.

"Yif-, Kris. I can't do that. You are my-" 

"I'm sorry." he pulled her closer and planted a kiss on her cheek. He snorted and chuckled softly. Blessed stumbled and slowly moved from him. 

"Go on and reach your destination. Change your fate and accomplish the great prophecy." he stood up and sent her away.

Blessed turned her back away without a word of protest or complaint. She sprinted as fast as she could as she pants in the hurry. Kris shifted into his real form and began fighting the hybrid. A smile of relief painted on his lips as he saw her heading away and saving herself. He is not sure and confident in taming or defeating this creature, but he knows that he will able to help her restoring the World of Exo. He was glad that his efforts and patience won't be in vain. Taking off his eyes on her, he prepared to die or live. It's an all or nothing.

Number of feathers from his white wings fleeted in the air, Blessed ran with eyes squeezed closed. She heard no calling, she heard no voices. When the hybrid was about to chase her, Kris began using his power to prevent it from getting close. This was his dream, to dedicate his life to protect the most important matter in his life. He was so happy that he can't help smiling despite of his serious injury. He was bleeding, drops of red is falling from his wound. But the pain won't rewrite his courage to fight. He doesn't care if he get up fainting or barely breathing. This is what he wanted to fulfill after countless years of waiting to meet and be with her. What was his greatest dream is to die for the sake of living for the Tree of Life. 

Panting, moving as fast as she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter