Swinging Branches

Impulse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Blessed paused halfway and became astonished. Why did she suddenly ran away? Is there a reason to leave them hanging and waiting for her to come back? Tears began to appear at the corner of her eyes, her eyebrows creased into thinking of her recent actions. She don't understand why she suddenly walked out from the table and didn't even excused herself. Will it be considered as rude of her? Now she felt embarrassed, more ashamed of what she did. They worked so hard for her, they waited patiently and were filled with overflowing gladness when she woke up. They are very worried when she lost consciousness on the day that she met the Mama and lend her a power to change a corrupted nation. They were there and never left her alone.

Falling on her knees, she covered her entire face with the palm of her hands. As soon as Sehun gets closes, she quickly apologized towards him without looking. He didn't responded until he is just two steps behind her. His lips curved into a small smile as she walked towards the blinking lamps hanging on the walls. He picked up a matchbox and put more fire into them. Exhaling, he steadily stood next while watching her squirm in surprise. He remembered Chaerin and Chanyeol's secret, what will happen to this young lady now? She had grown weaker ever since that day, the status of her mind isn't the same as before anymore. What Lay said was true, after acquiring another power it always come in exchange of something. 

Sehun is afraid, he himself has a deteriorating health too. His body is slowly falling apart from possessing a strong power. He don't want to die yet, he don't want anyone to perish yet. They are the one last hope of this world. Footsteps followed them, it was Kyungsoo. He went there to see Blessed, but all that he didn't received a understandable response. His expression became filled with confusion, he glanced at the taller and asked him. The younger shook his head and invited him to leave along with him. The others moved upstairs too. but they were sent outside to let Blessed evaluate the events without a pressure. 

Sighing, slightly frowning, Chaerin asked Chanyeol about Blessed. He shrugged and sat back on his place to continue his meal. Oh, the food has gotten colder. His appetite has decreased, he calmly put down his chopsticks and looked at the others. They are eating silently and without conversations, a very unusual scenario for tonight. They should be celebrating instead of acting like someone is deceased. Lay was the last one to return from the kitchen, he sat down there with a very cold expression on his face. 

It is probably a mood swing, maybe a side effect of the medications that Blessed received. She must be still exhausted and in need of more resting, staying in the hospital without opening your eyes for days could be boring and unpleasant. The joyful sound around the circle of friends is replaced by the deafening silence. No one spoke, no one argued on how the food they cook should tasted. Chewing, munching with blank eyes and faces. Chanyeol found himself in a very harsh situation. The smiles and laughter he expected disappeared in the shadows of the night. 

Blessed rested earlier than the others. She has decided to keep being quiet until the next few days. She slept on a separate bed from Chaerin. While everyone is still finishing their meals, she has already fled to a special dreamland filled with the nicest memories that she wasn't aware. She began walking at the streets of a certain city, everything around there is so different from this world. The way that the people speak, the buildings, the lights, the vehicles. Her soul slowly buries in that imaginary place. 

Kai is the first person to felt annoyed of the atmosphere. He put his bowl down loudly and kicked the table's foot. They stared at him with different reactions, he grimaced and rolled his eyes. He hit the table twice to call their attention, Kyungsoo glared at him and was about to blew out his scolding when he scratched his head, making them plaster faint smiles.

"Damn, that Luhan. Screw him." he groaned. He can't take this, they should he happier than before. They finally had Blessed and anytime they can continue towards the Light City, He doesn't understand them, to him they looked so stupid. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Kyungsoo lost his patience on him.

"Like you knew?" one of his eyebrows twitched.

"You are becoming more stubborn." he went towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter